Islam is on the retreat when they migrate to western nations.

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Media pumps out narratives [want you to believe] about how Islam is a religion of peace and if you don't believe that, you're a racist and Islamophobic. Meanwhile Islamic communities who have migrated here are finding many of their younger generation is losing long held traditional beliefs. They're becoming Atheist or Christian. Why?

Because we now can actually read about and know who Mohammed is. That he is one of the worst examples of unethical and immoral examples of human conduct for mankind.

In my view this man is converting more Muslims to Christianity than the RCC or any other mainstream Christian group to JESUS!

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'd be curious to see data on faith affiliation by age group for Christianity as well.

It's all but gone here in the UK apart from the older generations and those who associate by cultural upbringing as opposed to genuine belief. Islam is the only one really that's stable or growing.

A lot of people here tick 'Christian' because they were Christened despite likely never having gone to church in their lives.

Christianity and faith in general is in decline the last I looked.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people here tick 'Christian' because they were Christened despite likely never having gone to church in their lives.
While that's probably true, I suspect that a lot of people here "tick" off 'Christian' on their profiles for one of two other reasons or both:

1. Many forums are "Christian Only" so that gives them access.

and

2. To say "Christian" doesn't say much that's very specific. As we know, there is a great range of beliefs and practices that go under that heading, so to list oneself as 'Christian' is almost like saying "non-denominational.'

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Media pumps out narratives [want you to believe] about how Islam is a religion of peace and if you don't believe that, you're a racist and Islamophobic. Meanwhile Islamic communities who have migrated here are finding many of their younger generation is losing long held traditional beliefs. They're becoming Atheist or Christian. Why?

Because we now can actually read about and know who Mohammed is. That he is one of the worst examples of unethical and immoral examples of human conduct for mankind.

In my view this man is converting more Muslims to Christianity than the RCC or any other mainstream Christian group to JESUS!

Ever been to England? I did in 2016. I skipped Londonistan as it is a dangerous place for infidels. I visited Southhampton on my way to Cornwall. The first thing you see on the way in is a minaret. Some Muslims are leaving Islam. Most are not. The UK has a dedicated police task force, 700 at last count. Their job is to ensure that Muslims are not challenged, offended, insulted or discriminated against in any way. If you think Islam is going away, think again. Muslims know who Mohamed was. Telling the truth about Mo can get you killed. And the murderer will believe that he is doing "Allah's" (aka Satan) will.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Time will tell, we just don't live long enough to see whether or not we're predicting an imaginary future.

There is a study done that as families increase in income, they start having fewer children.

Basically like Christianity, many Muslims who immigrate are adopting our western community standards and likewise begin to confront and question their own religious beliefs. When people like Dr. Wood actually start quoting the Koran and don't censor its' words, more of them will reject Islam.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Ever been to England? I did in 2016. I skipped Londonistan as it is a dangerous place for infidels. I visited Southhampton on my way to Cornwall. The first thing you see on the way in is a minaret. Some Muslims are leaving Islam. Most are not. The UK has a dedicated police task force, 700 at last count. Their job is to ensure that Muslims are not challenged, offended, insulted or discriminated against in any way. If you think Islam is going away, think again. Muslims know who Mohamed was. Telling the truth about Mo can get you killed. And the murderer will believe that he is doing "Allah's" (aka Satan) will.

I mean, that's obviously a boldfaced lie.

The most religious people here are definitely Muslims now and there are a very vocal few, but it's nothing like you described.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
While that's probably true, I suspect that a lot of people here "tick" off 'Christian' on their profiles for one of two other reasons or both

Definitely.

Then again even scripture says the majority of professing Christians aren't saved.

People can call themselves what they want but that's just life. Preachers on TV are all but shepherds, guiding folks through the wide gate with a smile on their face. A lot of professing Christians are shepherding themselves through the wide gate.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I mean, that's obviously a boldfaced lie.

The most religious people here are definitely Muslims now and there are a very vocal few, but it's nothing like you described.
Christians being locked up for preaching? Case thrown out of court, but it happened. Bus company refusing to put an Easter message on their fleet, but OK with a happy Ramadan message. Horrific crime rate in London. No go areas for the police. These are facts, not fancy.

I'm English by birth. I know what it was like before Islam took root. The "dark satanic mills" are now Minarets.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Christians being locked up for preaching? Case thrown out of court, but it happened. Bus company refusing to put an Easter message on their fleet, but OK with a happy Ramadan message. Horrific crime rate in London. No go areas for the police. These are facts, not fancy.

I'm English by birth. I know what it was like before Islam took root. The "dark satanic mills" are now Minarets.

I think you pay too much attention to Alex Jones.

• Agree
Reactions: awitch
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

@ReesePiece23 have you heard about all the problems Muslims are causing here? Police no-go areas! Horrific crime rate in London thanks to Muslims!

Who'd have thought.

And this insight is brought to us by someone the other side of the world using anecdotal 'evidence'.

What a time to be alive ^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think you pay too much attention to Alex Jones.
Alex who? Never heard of him. I know enough about Islam and the UK. I'm English by birth and I've lived in a Muslim country. 2.6 million Muslims in the UK. What percentage needs to be radicalised to be a problem? The Koran instructs its followers to wage war on infidels. The most common male name is now Mohamed or a variation. Sometime in the next 50 years or so, Muslims will be the majority just by natural birthrate. At present rates, sooner rather than later. Enjoy your Sharia society.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
@ReesePiece23 have you heard about all the problems Muslims are causing here? Police no-go areas! Horrific crime rate in London thanks to Muslims!

Who'd have thought.

And this insight is brought to us by someone the other side of the world using anecdotal 'evidence'.

What a time to be alive ^_^^_^^_^

If the roles were reversed and it were a Muslim preaching that same message, we'd all be screaming persecution!!! (Rightfully, so, buuuut - it cuts both ways y'know.)

As for the point at hand, I'd say the police are more violent than any Muslim I've ever met! - I mean, fair enough, I've seen terror attacks unfold in front of me, but one to three individual Muslims out of over a million living in London does not in anyway validate this "blame it on the Muslims" kick.

I'm at peace with the Muslim community in London, and I intend to keep it that way. The Muslims I know respect Jesus and respect Christian theology, which is more than I can say for the reverse of that.

Anyway, weren't the IRA worse? Catholic weren't they? Yeah, and a disgrace to their people. Same logic applies...

Also, as a side note, the amount of stabbings and acid attacks that go on in areas like Camden and Hackney that go unnoticed are appalling. If you come to London and you find yourself trundling through Finsbury Park late one night, make sure you grow eyes in the back of your head. Because the heroic police won't help you. They're too busy walking London Bridge with machine guns just in case. (Trust me on this one.)

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I remember a few years ago talking about No-Go zones here on CF and how the former Republican congressman from Michigan eventually had to admit they were made up. I remember when Campbell's introduced a line of Halal soup and SURELY that was a sign of imminent Sharia law being imposed in the US.

I'm surprised the admin staff is really OK with threads like these being in the Outreach section where it might very well be non-Christians first impression of what Christianity is about. This is what Christianity has to offer?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Alex who? Never heard of him. I know enough about Islam and the UK. I'm English by birth and I've lived in a Muslim country. 2.6 million Muslims in the UK. What percentage needs to be radicalised to be a problem? The Koran instructs its followers to wage war on infidels. The most common male name is now Mohamed or a variation. Sometime in the next 50 years or so, Muslims will be the majority just by natural birthrate. At present rates, sooner rather than later. Enjoy your Sharia society.

It is helpful perhaps to note here the negative correlation between education and birth rates, which are true for Muslims as they are for everyone: the more educated one becomes, the fewer children they are likely to have. We see that today in countries that are much more staunchly Islamic than Britain, like the Islamic Republic of Iran, where women now have fewer children than the average Mexican woman (and we know what a threat to western civilization Islam is in Mexico...with its 2,500 practitioners). If you check out the graphs, Iranian women have gone from having almost 7 children (!) per mother as recently as 1960 to having a very healthy but not excessive 2.1, which is lower than several Western nations (just not European nations; check the stats for the countries of Latin America).

So it seems to me based on a quick review of the data that the only way this fantasy of 'Eurabia' can sustain itself is on the presupposition that Muslim women are to remain uneducated and cut off from society even in the west, which no doubt does happen in some cases but seems like a stretch to assume it will apply to all Muslim women raised or otherwise brought into the west when it doesn't even necessarily apply to their family's ultimate country of origin. Birthrates are higher in the 'Arab world' overall (3.3 vs. the world average of 2.4), but that obscures the reality that they are still on the decline in almost every place that is not currently experiencing conflict or other destabilization.

Upvote 0

Yytz6

Muslim
Jun 26, 2019
Versailles
✟22,158.00
Country
France
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
One could put some blame on the society; music, clothes (or lack of them), alcohol, drugs, sex culture, gossip & scandal mongering on TV, papers, Internet, classrooms & workplaces, lack of respect by people in general to parents, teachers, elderly people and women, constant focus on consuming for the sake of consuming and mottos such as 'live for the moment'. The entertainment industry making film after film mocking or distorting religions and religious people, earning the praise of many a religious people with that, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: gentlejah
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It is helpful perhaps to note here the negative correlation between education and birth rates, which are true for Muslims as they are for everyone: the more educated one becomes, the fewer children they are likely to have. We see that today in countries that are much more staunchly Islamic than Britain, like the Islamic Republic of Iran, where women now have fewer children than the average Mexican woman (and we know what a threat to western civilization Islam is in Mexico...with its 2,500 practitioners). If you check out the graphs, Iranian women have gone from having almost 7 children (!) per mother as recently as 1960 to having a very healthy but not excessive 2.1, which is lower than several Western nations (just not European nations; check the stats for the countries of Latin America).

So it seems to me based on a quick review of the data that the only way this fantasy of 'Eurabia' can sustain itself is on the presupposition that Muslim women are to remain uneducated and cut off from society even in the west, which no doubt does happen in some cases but seems like a stretch to assume it will apply to all Muslim women raised or otherwise brought into the west when it doesn't even necessarily apply to their family's ultimate country of origin. Birthrates are higher in the 'Arab world' overall (3.3 vs. the world average of 2.4), but that obscures the reality that they are still on the decline in almost every place that is not currently experiencing conflict or other destabilization.
Islam is still the fastest growing religion in Europe. I don't expect to be around to see the end result of demographic changes. Iran is one of the least religious nations apart from the leadership. I would be delighted for the people of Iran if clerical control was removed.

I will be delighted to be proven wrong about the threat to Europe's identity as nations of democratic and free societies.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I will be delighted to be proven wrong about the threat to Europe's identity as nations of democratic and free societies.

I don't necessarily think you're wrong; I think you're focusing on variables that are likely to change over time in a way that makes your conclusion less likely to come true in the way you are putting it as time goes on.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't necessarily think you're wrong; I think you're focusing on variables that are likely to change over time in a way that makes your conclusion less likely to come true in the way you are putting it as time goes on.
Nicely put. I went to England in 2016 (I was born there). I'd not been back since 1994. I was amazed at the change. The "dark satanic mills" had become wind turbines and minarets, so it seemed.

Upvote 0