Islam is not our friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
I read an article today http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=10582 that reminded me again of the persicution and abuse Christians are experiencing today at the hands of Islam. Personally, I'm tired of people trying to white-wash Islam and revisionist historians who try to paint what Christians do in a bad light.

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
davidlevin said:
Yeah, and Christians are peace loving people that don't start fights. Give me a break. Your opinion is biased and you know it.
um - the Qu'ran is full of exultation to violence against those who disagree with Islam. Nowhere in Bible is there conversion by the sword. Islam as a religion makes war on those who refuse to submit. Islam is only a friend to Islam.

Upvote 0
T

that one guy

Br. Max said:
um - the Qu'ran is full of exultation to violence against those who disagree with Islam. Nowhere in Bible is there conversion by the sword. Islam as a religion makes war on those who refuse to submit. Islam is only a friend to Islam.
On the ball BR!

The difference between Islam and Christianity: Islam promotes conversion by violence, Chrisitanity promotes mercy and witnessing through love.

God's wrath is plenty for those who do not believe.

Let's not turn this into a "Well Christians shouldn't be in the military then!" conversation.

And I'm willin to bet my cinnamon roll that Mr. negativity up there isn't a Christian.

Upvote 0

Marvel

Oct 19, 2003
Visit site
✟225.00
Faith
Christian
What about the mass murders of people of Islam? What about the mass murder of Africans? The mass murder of Natives? That's HARDLY Christian-like..and people who claim to be Christians are still killing today.

I am a Christian, and I'm a TRUE Christian. People who kill, steal, etc, etc, are NOT true Christians, and those are the people whom I am addressing.

Upvote 0

Marvel

Oct 19, 2003
Visit site
✟225.00
Faith
Christian
Also, every religion on the planet has had it's share of extremists. Does it mean the religion is bad or evil? No. It means the extremists were hypocrites, as they didn't follow what their religions taught (most religions teach peace, I haven't heard of one that promotes genocide, stealing, etc, etc), and they were also not true ________ (insert religion there). Get my point?

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Marvel said:
What about the mass murders of people of Islam? What about the mass murder of Africans? The mass murder of Natives? That's HARDLY Christian-like..and people who claim to be Christians are still killing today.

I am a Christian, and I'm a TRUE Christian. People who kill, steal, etc, etc, are NOT true Christians, and those are the people whom I am addressing.
When did Christianity murder natives or Africans? And the mass murder of Islam? Are you refering to the crusades? or to the Current war in Iraq. If you are referring to the former, remember THEY started that war. If you are referring to Iraq - You are delusional if you think that there has been "mass murder" of Muslims in Iraq by other than their own former leader Saddam.

FOR THAT MATTER - WAR is not mass murder. Scriptures speak of the properness of a just war. And what war is more just than one that frees an oppressed people from a murdering psychopath like Saddam and his equally sadistic sons???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 5, 2003
Visit site
✟7,645.00
Faith
Catholic
Extremists killing others in the name of religion is something that is done in every religion. As for this being a just war the Vatican released a statement saying the war with Iraq does not constitute a just war because of many reasons the most prominent being that it was not a last result and they had not attacked us first. Also there was no attempt to minimize civilian casualities which is also part of the criteria. There is also a criteria that says you must go through an international organization and have them rule for a war, but this was also not done. The U.N. did not say it was ok to strike Iraq.

Perhaps instead of pointing fingers Christians should acknowledge that love is the ultimate answer to peace. Now I am not saying that there is not room for a just war to take place, but ultimately war for the sake of war does not solve problems in fact it only creates more violence.

And before you go critisizing other religions you should research them and find out what they are really all about. See it is easy to hate things that we do not understand and Islam is something that most Christians cannot relate to. So if you want a real view of what Islam is about read the whole Qu'ran and then make your decision.

I would never say that the killings that Muslims are doing are justified by what Christians have done in the past, but the point is that no religion has a clean history. Every religion has seen extremists at one point in time. The Crusades are definitely one historic thing that Christians did in the name of God.

But it is easy to hate Islam because of a few extremists. It should be noted though that God never said that turning the other cheek would be easy. And that it would never be easy to "love your neighbor as yourself." But it is the most important rule that we were given here on earth and we should not forget that. Because it is easy to hate and discriminate. It is easy to continue the cycle of hate. It is not easy however to love your enemy, but that is what we are called to do.

Reactions: jenptcfan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
angel: Firstly, the pope does not speak for all of Christiandom. His opinion on weather this is a just war do not carry much weight outside of the catholic church. Let's not forget that a pope in the past declared a "just war" to eliminate a personal enemy in the person of the king of Naples. SO . . . .

2 - Our troops have gone and still do go out of their way not to cause civilian casualties.

3 - As for the true nature of Islam - I don't need to read the Koran to know the nature of Islam. I need only look at history. The first thing Mohamed did after receiving his "Vision" was start a war. Then, he started another war. Then his successors started wars - and so on and so on and so on. Christians have always been persecute under Islam. Islam seeks to unite the world under the single religion of Islam. They cannot do that so long as the members of other religions exist. Look at every country in the world where Islam is the majority religion and you will see a country where it other faiths are not only discriminated against but OPENLY persecuted and countries were it is illegal to be other than Muslim. The best that a non-muslim can hope for under is Islamic rule is to live the life of an oppressed and restricted minority akin to being black in the south under segregation and the Klan.

No one is encouraging hate towards the people who are muslims. We must however realize that Islam the faith has no desire to be at peace with other faiths. REMEMBER - hate the sin, love the sinner. In this case - know Islam for the religion of violence and death that it is and love those who are deceived by it.

Upvote 0

commuter

Nov 15, 2003
Va
✟119.00
Faith
Protestant
>So if you want a real view of what Islam is about read the whole Qu'ran and then make your decision.

I have three translations of the Quran. One is called "The Nobel Quran." It is only one of two English translations printed in Saudi Arabia, to the best of my knowledge, with the blessings of the government and the head clergy It has footnotes and appendixes dealing with various topics including Jahid, written by mainstream Islamic scholars. There is no difference between the way the subject of Jihad is handled in this Quran and the ranting of Bin Laden. The ONLY way Jihad is mentioned in the Quran is in terms of military actions against unbelievers, until they convert or submit to Islamic rule. There is nothing in the Quran which says Jihad is striving for self improvement. NOTHING. If any defenders of Islam can tell me any differences between what Mohammad taught and practiced, and Bin Laden teaches and does, I would be interested in knowing what they are.
One last thing I should point out. When Muhammad first began preaching, he had some tolerant things to say about Christians and Jews. When these people did not convert and started to say Muhammad was a false prophet, this changed. The earlier positive verses concerning Jews and Christians in the Quran, in Islam are abrogated by the latter verses. Be not deceived, Islam does not seek co-existence with any other way of thought unless it is expediant to do so for a limited time.

Upvote 0

IrishJohan

Nov 16, 2003
Virginia
Visit site
✟2,911.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I obviously have problems with Islam itself, being a Christian. However, not all Muslims are the gun-toting terrorists we see on television. Yet the history of our difficulties shouldn't be glossed over for some false ecumenism.

La Civilta Cattolica, an influential Jesuit magazine, recently published a good article on this: http://213.92.16.98/ESW_articolo/0,2393,41931,00.html

Pax Christi,
John

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Marvel said:

Exactly, it is not Christian-like. Not very scriptural either. Just the opposite of what the OP was implying about Islam.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.