Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello again.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

You write: ‘God created earth and man perfect. But when Adam and Eve disobeyed God’s commands, He had to punish them.’

Er..……no…..He did not have to punish them.

It is the opinion of the Muslims that where the Bible and the Qur’an agree; there is no problem. That where the Bible contradicts the Qur’an; then the Qur’an takes precedence. That where there is neither agreement nor disagreement; then matters are open for discussion; and Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) knows best!

The Bible and the Qur’an agree that the Exalted created both Adam and Eve; but they differ as to what happened next.

In Genesis (as you know), Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) prohibits both Adam and Eve from eating the fruits of the forbidden tree. However, the snake seduces Eve, and persuades her to eat from it: 'Now, the snake was the most subtle of all the wild animals that Yahweh God had made. It asked the woman: “Did God really say you were not to eat from any of the trees in the garden?” The woman answered the snake: “We may eat the fruit of the trees in the garden. But of the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God said, ‘You must not eat it, nor touch it, under pain of death.’” Then the snake said to the woman: “No! You will not die! God knows in fact that the day you eat it your eyes will be opened and you will be like gods, knowing good from evil.”. The woman saw that the tree was good to eat and pleasing to the eye, and that it was enticing for the wisdom that it could give. So she took some of its fruit and ate it.’ (Genesis; 3: 1-6).

We are told that Eve persuaded Adam to eat with her; and that, when rebuked for his actions, Adam placed all the blame on her: ‘(God asked): “Have you been eating from the tree I forbade you to eat?” The man replied: “It was the woman you put with me; she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”’ (Verses 11-12).

Consequently, the Exalted said to Eve: ‘I shall give you intense pain in childbearing, you will give birth to your children in pain.’ (Verse 16).

The Qur’an presents a different account: ‘But you, Adam, and your wife live in the Garden. Both of you eat whatever you like, but do not go near this tree or you will become wrongdoers. Satan whispered to them so as to expose their nakedness, which had been hidden from them. He said: “Your Lord only forbade you this tree to prevent you becoming angels or immortals,” and he swore to them: “I am giving you sincere advice” - he lured them with lies. Their nakedness became exposed to them when they had eaten from the tree: they began to put together leaves from the Garden to cover themselves. Their Lord called to them: “Did I not forbid you to approach that tree? Did I not warn you that Satan was your sworn enemy?” (Al-A‘raf: 19-23).

You will see that the Qur’an places equal blame on both Adam and Eve for their mistake. Nowhere in the Qur’an do we find even the slightest suggestion that Eve tempted Adam to eat from the tree; or even that she had eaten before him. In the Qur’an, Eve is not a temptress; not a seducer; and not a deceiver. Moreover, she is not told that she (and by implication, all women after her) would suffer intense pain in childbearing as a direct result of her actions.

Adam and Eve committed a sin. That much is clear. It was not Adam alone. When challenged, they replied: ‘Our Lord, we have wronged our souls: if You do not forgive us and have mercy, we shall be lost.’ (Al-A‘raf: 23).

Islam teaches that to sin is merely a part of life. However, no act is sinful unless the person knows it to be wrong, and has wilful intent. But the knowledge of good and evil did not come to Adam (or to Eve) until after the event. Only then did he realise his mistake. He was like a child who hears an obscene word for the very first time and - in all innocence - repeats it to his parents (usually in full voice, and in front of the neighbours). What parent would punish his child for such innocent behaviour - still less punish, many years later, his grandchildren for the origin ‘sin’ of their dad?
Muslims do not believe that Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) behaved in this way.

The Dominican theologian (St) Thomas Aquinas writes: ‘It was not necessary that God should become incarnate for the restoration of human nature. For God with His omnipotent power could have restored human nature in many other ways.’ (Summa Theologica: Part Three; Question 1, Article3).

Muslims believe that Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) did indeed choose a different way of dealing with Adam – the way of forgiveness: ‘Then Adam received some words from his Lord and He accepted his repentance: He is the Ever Relenting, the Most Merciful.’ (Al-Baqara: 37).

Muslims do not accept that mankind suffers the consequences of Adam’s sin; and the reason they do not is that this sin was wiped out by a simple act of Mercy; one that ruled out any need for universal redemption.

Islam places great emphasis on the nature of Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla)’s forgiveness - not just for Adam and Eve - but for each of us. According to Islamic theology, all shall stand before Him on the Day of Judgment. Each will be given a record of their lives. Those who receive this record in their right hand will be admitted to Paradise; and those who receive it in their left will not.

According to tradition, our good deeds are recorded straight away; whereas our bad are not recorded until several hours have passed, to allow for repentance. A recorded sin can be erased by sincere and genuine repentance (tawbah). Not only does tawbah wipe out an evil deed, it transforms that deed into a good one: ‘Those who repent, believe, and do good deeds, Allāh will change the evil deeds of such people into good ones. He is most forgiving, most merciful’ (Al-Furqan: 70).

Every day of their lives - many times a day - Muslims speak the words: ‘The Lord of Mercy’; ‘The Giver of Mercy’; ‘The Compassionate’; ‘The Merciful’. These are the Beloved’s Names. We did not give them to Him, He chose them for Himself. Of all His Names, these are His favorite. That is why we are asked to speak them so often - so that we do not forget Who it is that loves us; Who it is that binds us to Himself with ties of tenderness, mercy and forgiveness.

You write: ‘A judge who pardons law-breakers isn’t a righteous judge……Likewise, overlooking sin would make the holy God unjust.’

Forgiveness is the act of pardoning someone for a mistake or wrongdoing. To pardon someone is to release them from the obligation to provide restitution; or from the need to suffer any form of punishment.

When someone is forgiven their debt is wiped out entirely.

Forgiveness was, and is, central to the Exalted’s very nature. This can be seen from the fact that He is, almost always, the subject of the various ‘forgiveness’ verbs contained in the Tanakh; the most frequent of which is ‘Salach’; meaning ‘to pardon’.

The Tanakh tells us that the Exalted pardons absolutely: ‘Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.’ (Micah 7:18-19); and again: ‘I, I am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins.’ (Isaiah 43:25); and yet again: ‘Yahweh is tenderness and pity, slow to anger and rich in faithful love; His indignation does not last for ever, nor His resentment remain for all time; He does not treat us as our sins deserve, nor repay us as befits our offences. As the height of Heaven above earth, so strong is His faithful love for those who fear Him. As the distance of east from west, so far from us does He put our faults. As tenderly as a father treats his children, so Yahweh treats those who fear Him; He knows of what we are made, He remembers that we are dust.’ (Psalm 103: 8-14).

Christians and Muslims agree that the love, mercy and compassion of Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) are the greatest of things, without which none of us could stand, not even for the briefest of moments. A person could spend an eternity in contemplation of this truth and not touch the depth and breadth of it.

You write: ‘God the Son sacrificed Himself to God the Father and thereby fulfilled all the requirements of the Law.’

We can search ‘til the cows come home, but nowhere in the Tanakh will we find a single Law that requires of the Exalted that He sacrifice Himself to Himself.

As you know, Islam rejects the notion that Yeshua was (is) wholly God and wholly man. It also rejects the notion that he was crucified. However, for the sake of discussion, let’s agree that both notions are correct.

We are agreed (I hope) that it is not possible for God to die. The notion that an omnipotent and eternal Second Person of the Trinity (‘God the Son’) could sacrifice himself to the First Person (‘God the Father’) is facepalm theology.

It cannot have been the Exalted who died upon the cross. The one who died was Yeshua the man. This would make him a human sacrifice.

In my previous post I ask: ‘And where in the Bible does it state that God requires a human sacrifice in order to forgive sin?’

The honest answer is: ‘Nowhere’.

Human sacrifice is so horrible a concept to Yahweh that it did not even enter His mind to demand it from His creation (see Jeremiah 19: 4-6; Psalm 106:37-38; and Ezekiel 16:20).

Aware of this (perhaps) you write: ‘God didn’t sacrifice Jesus. Rather, Jesus, as God incarnate, sacrificed Himself. No one forced Him. He laid down His life willingly….’

Here’s what three of the ‘evangelists’ have to say:

‘They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.” He took Peter, James and John along with him, and he began to be deeply distressed and troubled. “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death,” he said to them. “Stay here and keep watch.” Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. “Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” Once more he went away and prayed the same thing…. Returning the third time, he said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Enough! The hour has come. Look, the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!” (Mark 14: 32-42).

‘Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”……He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.” So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing. Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners Rise, let us go! Here comes my betrayer!”’ (Matt 26: 36-46).

‘Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.’ (Luke 22:39-44).

A number of things are clear from these verses:

First: Yeshua is behaving exactly as one would expect a scared human to behave. Most certainly, he did not want to die by crucifixion (‘Take this cup from me’). Please take special note of Luke’s: ‘An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him.’ Why would a mere angel be needed to strengthen one who is both ‘God and man’? Surely the divine nature of Yeshua would have been more than enough? The fact than Luke mentions an angel is an indication (one might suppose) that he (Luke) did not regard Yeshua as divine; but rather as a man in need of God’s help.

Second: Yeshua submitted himself to the will of God (‘My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.’…… ‘Yet not what I will, but what you will’).

Third: Yeshua did not surrender voluntarily to the authorities, but was betrayed (‘Here comes my betrayer!’).

Yeshua did not sacrifice himself (not according to these verses); rather he surrendered to the Will of One who wanted him sacrificed (according to these verses). This brings us back to the question: ‘Where in the Bible does it state that God requires a human sacrifice – so horrible a concept to Him that it did not even enter His mind to demand it from His creation – in order to forgive sin?’

And here is the question that took me away from Christianity after more than sixty years of practise: ‘If the Exalted could say to mankind (through Adam): ‘You have sinned, depart from Me’ why could He not have said – quite simply – ‘You are forgiven, return to Me.’ What need of Yeshua (ʿalayhi as-salām), other than as a prophet?

I found my answer in the Qur’an.

Have a very merry Christmas, and the best of New Years.

PS: I’m not ignoring the other comments you’ve made; it’s just that time is short at the moment. In šāʾ Allāh, I shall return to them very soon. Meantime, perhaps you can explain how it is possible for Yeshua to be both ‘wholly God’ and ‘wholly man’ at one and the same time?
Thou shalt not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Adam and Eve disobeyed. However you want to spin it, they disobeyed. Kids who curse, who have not been instructed to not do so, nor know what the meaning of it is, are not disobeying. This analogy has no relevance. The sinful nature that "is part of life" is inherited. We have a conscience. We know right and wrong. I don't care where you are from. But the fact is, sin has no fellowship with life. Sin is of death. The wages of sin is death.
Eve is not portrayed as anything other than what happened. The devil tempted her with egoism, masochism, and materialism. Likewise, was Adam seduced. Rather than admit his own fault, he assigned blame, as he was still in a state of sin.
You don't believe in who Jesus was, so you fail to see who he really is. You fail to fathom the depths of what he ever went through. You may see him as some religious guy, but you do not see him as the Messiah. That much is clear.
A person facing a monumental task for the Lord does not pray in earnest in the spirit of fear. The Holy Spirit is a spirit of power, not of fear.
You assume that in order to be betrayed, one has to be ignorant. Yet Jesus willingly allowed himself to be betrayed. Notably, Judas was given the opportunity to repent even after the betrayal.
Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. No spirit=no discernment.
But to answer your question where in the bible does it require human sacrifice?
In Genesis. The Lord's first commandment to not eat of the tree.
Sacrifice is by definition: an act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy.
By surrendering to the will of the Lord and not your own, you are obeying this law of sacrifice.
By your conversation, you have explained that since you know all about who God is and his abundant mercy, that you are God himself and have no sin to atone for, that truth when not agreeing with selfish nature, should be overlooked for selfish ambition in order to glorify a God of your own choosing and making, rather than truly subject oneself to the Lord's will. Which coincidentally is what you claim to do anyways.
After 60 years of life, you get near the end, and get scared. You forget the power of the spirit by which you were bought. You quenched the spirit which saved you. So rather than face the living God, you, as a man, sought out a perverted worldly knowledge of the Creator that fed the ego that developed within you.
If you want truth, look deeply into these three temptations of the first man and woman, and see if they apply to your own life.
And I quote you here....Why didn't God just say I pardon you and return to me?
Egoism
is an ethical theory that treats self-interest as the foundation of morality.
Masochism is the practice of seeking pain because it is pleasurable.
Materialism is a form of philosophical monism which holds that matter is the fundamental substance in nature, and that all things, including mental aspects and consciousness, are results of material interactions.
The question you pose is a self-serving self-interest question. Commonly posed as WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
[mic drop]

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Thou shalt not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Adam and Eve disobeyed. However you want to spin it, they disobeyed. Kids who curse, who have not been instructed to not do so, nor know what the meaning of it is, are not disobeying. This analogy has no relevance. The sinful nature that "is part of life" is inherited. We have a conscience. We know right and wrong. I don't care where you are from. But the fact is, sin has no fellowship with life. Sin is of death. The wages of sin is death.
Eve is not portrayed as anything other than what happened. The devil tempted her with egoism, masochism, and materialism. Likewise, was Adam seduced. Rather than admit his own fault, he assigned blame, as he was still in a state of sin.
You don't believe in who Jesus was, so you fail to see who he really is. You fail to fathom the depths of what he ever went through. You may see him as some religious guy, but you do not see him as the Messiah. That much is clear.
A person facing a monumental task for the Lord does not pray in earnest in the spirit of fear. The Holy Spirit is a spirit of power, not of fear.
You assume that in order to be betrayed, one has to be ignorant. Yet Jesus willingly allowed himself to be betrayed. Notably, Judas was given the opportunity to repent even after the betrayal.
Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. No spirit=no discernment.
But to answer your question where in the bible does it require human sacrifice?
In Genesis. The Lord's first commandment to not eat of the tree.
Sacrifice is by definition: an act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy.
By surrendering to the will of the Lord and not your own, you are obeying this law of sacrifice.
By your conversation, you have explained that since you know all about who God is and his abundant mercy, that you are God himself and have no sin to atone for, that truth when not agreeing with selfish nature, should be overlooked for selfish ambition in order to glorify a God of your own choosing and making, rather than truly subject oneself to the Lord's will. Which coincidentally is what you claim to do anyways.
After 60 years of life, you get near the end, and get scared. You forget the power of the spirit by which you were bought. You quenched the spirit which saved you. So rather than face the living God, you, as a man, sought out a perverted worldly knowledge of the Creator that fed the ego that developed within you.
If you want truth, look deeply into these three temptations of the first man and woman, and see if they apply to your own life.
And I quote you here....Why didn't God just say I pardon you and return to me?
Egoism
is an ethical theory that treats self-interest as the foundation of morality.
Masochism is the practice of seeking pain because it is pleasurable.
Materialism is a form of philosophical monism which holds that matter is the fundamental substance in nature, and that all things, including mental aspects and consciousness, are results of material interactions.
The question you pose is a self-serving self-interest question. Commonly posed as WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
[mic drop]

Feeling better after that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Feeling better after that?
knowing that my savior was born and reconciles sinners to God, I feel pretty good. The power by which I have been saved is real. And the fact is, I am not lying. If I were, it would be known. You witnessed against yourself in your own conversion speech. You explained one of the temptations you were seduced by.
While I acknowledge your long history with Christ, it is worthy to note that if a professing Christian can choose a lifestyle of sin without experiencing enough discipline to bring him to repentance, then according to this Scripture, it is highly unlikely that that person is a child of God.
This has nothing to do with winning a conversation, but between you and God. Was sin still present in your life though you professed his name? We are taught to judge within ourselves, ...this I implore you to do. Not for sake of "feeling better", or winning some forum in the eyes of others or even for exalting myself over another, but to help bring you back to the Lord. For his glory. The Holy Spirit speaks. Listen.

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
knowing that my savior was born and reconciles sinners to God, I feel pretty good. The power by which I have been saved is real. And the fact is, I am not lying. If I were, it would be known. You witnessed against yourself in your own conversion speech. You explained one of the temptations you were seduced by.
While I acknowledge your long history with Christ, it is worthy to note that if a professing Christian can choose a lifestyle of sin without experiencing enough discipline to bring him to repentance, then according to this Scripture, it is highly unlikely that that person is a child of God.
This has nothing to do with winning a conversation, but between you and God. Was sin still present in your life though you professed his name? We are taught to judge within ourselves, ...this I implore you to do. Not for sake of "feeling better", or winning some forum in the eyes of others or even for exalting myself over another, but to help bring you back to the Lord. For his glory. The Holy Spirit speaks. Listen.

I repeat: Here is the question that took me away from Christianity after more than sixty years of practise: ‘If the Exalted could say to mankind (through Adam): ‘You have sinned, depart from Me’ why could He not have said – quite simply – ‘You are forgiven, return to Me.’ What need of Yeshua (ʿalayhi as-salām), other than as a prophet? This is hardly a 'conversion speech'....merely an honest question.

You ask: 'Was sin still present in (my) life though (I) professed his name?' Of course...and still is. Which is why I sought...and still seek... the Exalted's forgiveness and mercy. If only the sinless can be children of God, then He has no child on earth (except for the very young and the mentally infirm...who, according to Islam, cannot sin).

Allow me to repeat another question: How is it possible for Yeshua to be 'wholly God' and 'wholly man' at one and the same time?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yi-man
Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I repeat: Here is the question that took me away from Christianity after more than sixty years of practise: ‘If the Exalted could say to mankind (through Adam): ‘You have sinned, depart from Me’ why could He not have said – quite simply – ‘You are forgiven, return to Me.’ What need of Yeshua (ʿalayhi as-salām), other than as a prophet? This is hardly a 'conversion speech'....merely an honest question.

You ask: 'Was sin still present in (my) life though (I) professed his name?' Of course...and still is. Which is why I sought...and still seek... the Exalted's forgiveness and mercy. If only the sinless can be children of God, then He has no child on earth (except for the very young and the mentally infirm...who, according to Islam, cannot sin).

Allow me to repeat another question: How is it possible for Yeshua to be 'wholly God' and 'wholly man' at one and the same time?
All of this is nonsense. Repeating questions and all this unfruitful whatever it is...you aren't even acknowledging most of what I say unless you can actually answer it to suit your position.
So to square the circle, I am starting here.
You either were a legitimate Christian saved...tasted the gift, then proceeded to quench the spirit and walk so far away from the Lord to a blasphemous religion into a covetous self-interest egotistical sinful lifestyle...
Or you were never saved in the first place, have always lived in sin, and "sought God" through your mind only and not truly with your heart, never giving the Lord his rightful place as Lord of your life.
As for your question....I am not privy to answer your "honest" question, because I think you are deceiving and are being deceived. You ask with ill intent with a hardened heart out of shame and fear.
Matthew 7:6
So it must be asked
Were you or were you not a believer for 60 years?
But don't answer me, answer God. It is after all between you and him. Not you and I. I'm done with this thread.
He is THE GOD. Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace., Name Above ALL Names. His name is not Allah.

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
All of this is nonsense. Repeating questions and all this unfruitful whatever it is...you aren't even acknowledging most of what I say unless you can actually answer it to suit your position.
So to square the circle, I am starting here.
You either were a legitimate Christian saved...tasted the gift, then proceeded to quench the spirit and walk so far away from the Lord to a blasphemous religion into a covetous self-interest egotistical sinful lifestyle...
Or you were never saved in the first place, have always lived in sin, and "sought God" through your mind only and not truly with your heart, never giving the Lord his rightful place as Lord of your life.
As for your question....I am not privy to answer your "honest" question, because I think you are deceiving and are being deceived. You ask with ill intent with a hardened heart out of shame and fear.
Matthew 7:6
So it must be asked
Were you or were you not a believer for 60 years?
But don't answer me, answer God. It is after all between you and him. Not you and I. I'm done with this thread.
He is THE GOD. Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace., Name Above ALL Names. His name is not Allah.

'Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?' (Matt 7: 1-3).

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
MyGivenNameIsKeith and Niblo please read the Sitewide rules and be respectful of other members.

Greetings.

I wasn't being disrespectful. I was merely reminding Keith that it is wrong to judge others (me, for example!).

Part of his final post to me: 'As for your question....I am not privy to answer your "honest" question, because I think you are deceiving and are being deceived. You ask with ill intent with a hardened heart out of shame and fear.'

Need I say more?

Very best regards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for your fair, and just, words. You are a credit to your Faith.

‘The jurists of Islam spoke about the criminal who targets the defenseless and weak, who attacks unexpectedly and indiscriminately, and who uses terror as the primary method for achieving his ends. They called him the muharib. Such a criminal was declared to be most vile and deserving of no reprieve. The jurist Ibn Rushd, the grandfather (d. 520/1126), ruled that a criminal who terrorizes people in their homes is a muharib, and Ibn al-‘Arabi (d. 543/1148), the Maliki jurist, declared that a rapist is a muharib as well.

‘A criminal who targets civilians, and attacks suddenly and indiscriminately, is particularly vile. Those who induce terror as a primary method of communication are despicable. But it is not only violent terrorists who induce fear as a means of communication. Intellectual terrorists are equally vile. Intellectual terrorists are emotional extortionists. These terrorists, who are often racists, sexists, classists, or religious bigots, employ the language of fear. They generalize and essentialize a people, reducing them to a phenomenon.’ (‘The Search for Beauty in Islam: A Conference of the Books’; Khaled Abou El Fadl).

What we see in the first post of this thread is an attempt, a despicable attempt, to reduce 1.6 billion people to a phenomenon; to demonise all Muslims – and their religion – because of the vile acts of few.

It has been demonstrated (repeatedly) in another thread that Islam condemns, absolutely, the murderous activities of these few. At the time of writing – and to their shame – not one of the Christians participating in that thread has had the decency to admit this.

Any Christian who bears hatred in his heart for another person would do well to remember this:

‘You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment. But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.' (Matthew 5: 21-22).

‘The Jewish teachers had taught, that nothing except actual murder was forbidden by the sixth commandment. Thus they explained away its spiritual meaning. Christ showed the full meaning of this commandment; according to which we must be judged hereafter, and therefore ought to be ruled now. All rash anger is heart murder. By our brother, here, we are to understand any person, though ever so much below us, for we are all made of one blood. Raca, is a scornful word, and comes from pride: Thou fool, is a spiteful word, and comes from hatred. Malicious slanders and censures are poison that kills secretly and slowly. Christ told them that how light soever they made of these sins, they would certainly be called into judgment for them. We ought carefully to preserve Christian love and peace with all our brethren; and if at any time there is a quarrel, we should confess our fault, humble ourselves to our brother, making or offering satisfaction for wrong done in word or deed: and we should do this quickly; because, till this is done, we are unfit for communion with God in holy ordinances. And when we are preparing for any religious exercises, it is good for us to make that an occasion of serious reflection and self-examination. What is here said is very applicable to our being reconciled to God through Christ. While we are alive, we are in the way to his judgement-seat; after death, it will be too late. When we consider the importance of the case, and the uncertainty of life, how needful it is to seek peace with God, without delay!’ (Matthew Henry Commentary).

May God reward you for your integrity, and for your example.

So in your opinion, the gravity of sin, between commiting murder and thinking murder, are equal?

I think you've got it backwards... The purpose of Jesus mentioning that thoughts are sinful was never meant to decrease or rationalize the gravity of actual murder, but to purify us Christians in thought.

Islam does not understand the Holiness of Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It's more possible than Mohammed leaping out of a rock, and riding on a winged horse known as a buraq.
Al-Buraf_Hafifa.jpg

Reactions: Sarcoline
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Because mankind deserved punishment, but not eternal punishment.

...When Jesus died on the cross, he entered into hell, because that's where humans went when they died, where only *He* as also being God, could take the people out of there personally. Thus christians call him the Rescuer and the Redeemer. The Apostle's Creed - Prayers - Catholic Online

...Christians also believe in the *forgiveness* of sins because of Jesus. He literally opened the gates of heaven to us -that is why God so passionately did what he did.

As an ex-Christian, I am suprised you did not know this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With Allah, everything is subjective. A sinner can commit sin, but if he felt like he had a good reason to sin, such as beat his wife to death, then Allah may or may not forgive him depending on whether his sin was for a good reason. It doesnt even matter if he was sorry or not...

...Then we see Muslims rationalizing murder and equating it with the mere thought of murder -that's where theology becomes dysfunctional on a most basic level.

No, all sin is not equal in gravity.

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings.

I wasn't being disrespectful. I was merely reminding Keith that it is wrong to judge others (me, for example!).

Part of his final post to me: 'As for your question....I am not privy to answer your "honest" question, because I think you are deceiving and are being deceived. You ask with ill intent with a hardened heart out of shame and fear.'

Need I say more?

Very best regards.
Not judging so that you aren't judged is such a cop-out. It means judge in a righteous manner and judge yourself first before judging others. So often used in the wrong manner to avoid judging anything. To overlook the important matters.
A man walks away from Jesus after following him all his life.
Of course someone should say something.
Do I waste my time?
Or do I entreat you as my own brother? And open my mouth to warn you and open my heart out of love?

1 Corinthians 6:2-5 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

I speak not to shame you, but so that you see what has occurred.
I speak with the power that God has given me through the Holy Spirit. Saved me from a very dark road, a living hell that I was in. No other nobody did that except Jesus. If I am therefore brought out of hell by his power, who would I be that I should not tell you, my own brother, that he will do it for you, one that has known him longer?
Out of the depths of my heart, with all kindness I ask you, why do you openly refuse my efforts knowing that I speak truth, I have no ill intent, speak out of love, speak from experience, and am addressing the specific condition of your heart which I know so well? Chains that I once had?

• Winner
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0