✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
source
A CHILLING document found in the liberated Iraqi city of Mosul claims to reveal how ISIS bosses organised and controlled the selling of captured woman as slaves.

The “bill of sale” – signed with fingerprints by the buyer and seller to authenticate the deal – describes the woman in stark, matter of fact terms as “20-years-old, physically fit with brown eyes” and bearing price of $1,500 or around £1,145....

It is believed that 6,470 Yazidis who were kidnapped by ISIS when the militant group attacked Sinjar in August 2014.

While most of the men were killed and dumped in mass graves, Yazidi women and children were abducted and sold into slavery.

Mohammed must be proud of his beloved followers who carry out his tradition of capturing women and selling them as sex slaves. He led by example.

During Muhammad’s jihad on the Jews of Khaybar, he seized for himself from among the plunders of his war was one young woman, a teenager, Safiya bint Huyay. When Muhammad had heard of her beauty, the prophet reneged on his promise to give her to another Jihadist and took her for himself.

Muhammad “married” Safiya hours after he had her husband, Kinana, tortured to death in order to reveal hidden treasure. In addition, the prophet ordered his jihadist to slaughtered Safiya’s father and brothers. Safiya was now an orphan and widow....

According to Baladhuri’s narrative, after the death of Muhammad, Safiya confessed that “Of all men, I hated the prophet the most—for he killed my husband, my brother, and my father,” before forcing me to “marrying” (or, less euphemistically, raping) her.
source

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unbelievable and horrific.

Never heard of this, and yet we'll devote thousands of hours of news time and hundreds of posts to a Christian baker being sued because he doesn't want to bake a cake for gay wedding.

Perspective.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Unbelievable and horrific.

Never heard of this, and yet we'll devote thousands of hours of news time and hundreds of posts to a Christian baker being sued because he doesn't want to bake a cake for gay wedding.

Perspective.

Many Yazidi women and girls who refused to become sex slaves, were burned alive in steel cages in the public square, although this was rarely covered or discussed.

As you say, here in the US and elsewhere, we have much more urgent issues to discuss, such as who does or doesn't choose to bake a cake, the outrage of not wanting men in girls or womens bath rooms and changing and shower rooms, etc.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't see how you could have missed this if you have been following coverage of ISIS.
I scan news CNN, FOX, etc.
I don't make a point to search ISIS specifically.
Most every news nugget I see is Trump or Russia related.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

I agree.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As I said, if you had been following the coverage you would have been aware of this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks Cap'n Obvious.
If I'd said that I followed ISIS closely and never heard of this...relevant.
Yet you're blaming the media for your ignorance rather than your choice in reading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not in the habit of cataloging the articles I have read, if you're interested in past ISIS coverage news sites have search features.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not in the habit of cataloging the articles I have read, if you're interested in past ISIS coverage news sites have search features.

I believe it was you who mentioned that there's coverage.

What are you basing that on?

Upvote 0