Northeast
✟180,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Originally posted in the Sabbath and The Law section.)

Hi HARK!

I'm glad you brought up Isaiah 66. It's been on my mind recently. I hope this isn't off topic for the thread.

19 “I will set a sign among them, and I will send those who escape of them to the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, who draw the bow, to Tubal and Javan, to far-away islands, who have not heard my fame,

--- who are the Nations that haven't heard of God's fame in this day of the internet?

nor have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the nations. 20 They shall bring all your brothers

---brothers? Is this talking about natural Israel or the Israel of God?

out of all the nations for an offering to the Lord, on horses, in chariots, in litters, on mules, and on camels,

---why the old types of transportation? Is this passage to be taken literally, or is it symbolic?

to my holy mountain Jerusalem, says the Lord, as the children of Israel bring their offering in a clean vessel into the Lord’s house. 21 Of them I will also select priests and Levites,” says the Lord.

---what are the priests and Levites for?

22 “For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me,” says the Lord, “so your offspring and your name shall remain. 23 It shall happen that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, all flesh will come to worship before me,” says the Lord.

--Come to where? Is Jerusalem to be the place to worship God?

24 “They will go out, and look at the dead bodies of the men who have transgressed against me; for their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

---for all eternity people are going to be looking at dead bodies? Or is this a temporary time before eternity.

These questions would be better asked in the Eschatology forum.

Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum

However, I might recommend this group if you would like to get some deep insight into this subject:

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheGodCulture/playlists

They provide numerous series to explain scripture in deep detail, providing maps, historical references and more. I don't agree with all of their conclusions; but I greatly appreciate their diligence in their research.

Their work is an amazing eye opener.

You might start with the Solomon's Gold Series, then move on to thew Lost Tribe Series, before watching the Answers in Jubilees Series.

In order to understand scripture more clearly, we need to understand where the mentioned locations are, who is there, why they are there, and what significance they play.

It might take several weeks to get through those series; but I find myself watching them over again, and taking notes, expanding on their research, and copying links to my findings.

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
24 “They will go out, and look at the dead bodies of the men who have transgressed against me; for their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

---for all eternity people are going to be looking at dead bodies? Or is this a temporary time before eternity.

Since that is apparently meaning after Jesus has bodily returned in the end of the age, if we place a thousand years, a little season and the great white throne judgment(Revelation 20) after His return, the problem involving for all eternity appears to go away. IOW, they are shown these things at the beginning of the thousand years as a reminder as to what happens to those that transgress against Him. When the thousand years are over, thus satan's little season, some of them are so deceived by satan that the earlier reminder no longer matters to them at the time, apparently. Thus their fate is the same.

Upvote 0