Dec 20, 2012
✟83,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 65:17-19 is the same "Eternal Kingdom" as seen in Revelation 21:1-4 below.

"The New Heaven And Earth"

Many try to pass off that Isaiah 65 represents a kingdom on this earth for 1000 years?

Revelation 21:1-4 below does a good job at exposing this false teaching!

Isaiah 65:17-19KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Revelation 21:1-4KJV
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Reactions: BABerean2

carrwinn

Sep 30, 2016
Usa
✟16,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many commentators view the 144,000 as members of "spiritual lsrael" and believe that they symbolize the Christian congregation while on earth. Although Revelation 14:3 says that the 144,000 have been "brought from the earth," the context depicts them as being , not on earth, but in heaven with the heavenly Lamb, Jesus Christ.
The kingdom is God's arrangement for accomplishing God's will to restore the earth and obedient humans and includes and would be bereft without an earthly resurrection. There will be according to the Bible 1,000 years allotted by God for the resurrection and instruction of humans and the removal of all traces of Adamic sin. Jesus and the 144,000 faithful bought from the earth will have the privilege of raising mankind at that time to an approved state before God.

QUOTE="Truth7t7, post: 72370614, member: 321339"]Isaiah 65:17-19 is the same "Eternal Kingdom" as seen in Revelation 21:1-4 below.

Many try to pass off that Isaiah 65 represents a kingdom on this earth for 1000 years?

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One question... if this time period is after the heavens and earth are destroyed/renewed and the new heavens and earth appear why do men still die? It says they will live to hundreds of years but that they will still die.
I had always been taught that all evil and death were in the lake of fire by this time, so death could not occur.

Comments?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One question... if this time period is after the heavens and earth are destroyed/renewed and the new heavens and earth appear why do men still die? It says they will live to hundreds of years but that they will still die.
I had always been taught that all evil and death were in the lake of fire by this time, so death could not occur.

Comments?

Do you believe Isaiah 65:17-19 & Revelation 21:1-4 is the same place?

Isaiah 65:17-19 is the same "Eternal Kingdom" as seen in Revelation 21:1-4 below.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe Isaiah 65:17-19 & Revelation 21:1-4 is the same place?

I guess I do. Both passages appear to describe the same place/time. I re-read your answer but I'm still missing something. How about the explanation for dummies.?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess I do. Both passages appear to describe the same place/time. I re-read your answer but I'm still missing something. How about the explanation for dummies.?

"THERE SHALL BE NO MORE"

It's describing that the statement made, child die a 100 years old?

The Eternal has started, dying will be no more.

Representing eternity.

All the representations in the Old Testament that the Millennialist put forward, trying to represent a earthly 1000 year kingdom, are in fact the eternal kingdom.

If you have others that you question post them, we will look at them in discussion.

Isaiah 65:20KJV
20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"THERE SHALL BE NO MORE"

Representing eternity.

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
But that says that people will still die. And how can someone be a sinner if death is thrown into the lake of fire? Does sin no longer end in death? Why would one sin anyway?
Doesn't the picture in Isaiah occur AFTER the old earth is destroyed and the new heavens and earth exist?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But that says that people will still die. And how can someone be a sinner if death is thrown into the lake of fire? Does sin no longer end in death? Why would one sin anyway?
Doesn't the picture in Isaiah occur AFTER the old earth is destroyed and the new heavens and earth exist?
"THERE SHALL BE NO MORE"

Representing eternity.

All the representations in the Old Testament that the Millennialist put forward, trying to represent a earthly 1000 year kingdom, are in fact the eternal kingdom.

If you have others that you question post them, we will look at them in discussion.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK now I see it. That interpretation is a bit of a stretch.

In this life no child can be 100. That is the age of an elderly person, but this seems to describe someone dying at the age of 100 and still being considered a child.

• Agree
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK now I see it. That interpretation is a bit of a stretch.

In this life no child can be 100. That is the age of an elderly person, but this seems to describe someone dying at the age of 100 and still being considered a child.
That's correct, "A Child Dying A Hundred Years" is a definition of eternal.

If I state a child died at a million years it would be a better understanding.

Our current society takes 100 as a small number, however just 200 years ago a 100 dollars say was alot of money.

50 years ago the word "Millionaire" meant something. Today the expressions is close to meaningless.

"Eternal Kingdom"!

"Eternal Kingdom"!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Comments?

Let's look at a reasonable exegesis of the passage.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
(The New Heavens and New Earth will be created and the former earth will no longer be remembered.)

Isa 65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
(If this Jerusalem is in the New Heavens and the New Earth, it must be the New Jerusalem found in Hebrews 11:15-16, and Galatians 4:26.)

Isa 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
(No more weeping and crying would indicate an end of the curse.)

Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
(The only way to get this verse to agree with the scripture before and after it is to understand that there will be no more of any of the things that follow the word "more". In other words it is a negative statement. If I say... "There will be no more ____________"... then all things after the word "more" will not be a part of that reality. )

Isa 65:21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
Isa 65:22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
Isa 65:23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
(This indicates a return to life as in the garden, before the fall.)

Isa 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
(This was the relationship between God and Adam, before the fall.)

Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
(Once again, this indicates a removal of the curse.)

If we are not sure which interpretation is correct, the interpretation that does not produce conflict must be the correct one.

Upvote 0