Bondservent of Christ
Oct 25, 2003
Richmond, VA
Visit site
✟1,847.00
Faith
Baptist
Symes said:

WRONG, it does not do as you say at all. It has not set anyone free from honoring the Sabbath on a prescribed day.

Where do you get that idea from?
Romans 14
5 One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God.
7 For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself;
8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

Colossians 2

16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--
17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Hebrews 4

9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.
10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His.
11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.

The Sabbath is an eternal rest, it's when we will rest from our works forever, just like God has rested from His works forever since He finished creation. It's the rest we have in Jesus, Not a mere day, it's much more than a day, the day is just a shadow, Jesus is the one who is making the shadow on the floor, wich one would you like to serve?

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
Andre

We have went through all those verses before and they do not show there is a change in the Sabbath from the seventh day to the first day of the week.

If you need me to go over it all again I can but I suggest you go back and find the answers.

But if necessary I can do it all agaqin for you with no trouble at all. Right now I have to go. It will b e some time before I get back online.

Upvote 0

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Symes said:

WRONG, it does not do as you say at all. It has not set anyone free from honoring the Sabbath on a prescribed day.

Where do you get that idea from?

Christ set us free from the Law. This is basic to Christianity. Be do not follow commandments now but God's Spirit who leads us into righteousness.

JMW

Upvote 0

Andre

Bondservent of Christ
Oct 25, 2003
Richmond, VA
Visit site
✟1,847.00
Faith
Baptist
Symes said:
Andre

We have went through all those verses before and they do not show there is a change in the Sabbath from the seventh day to the first day of the week.

If you need me to go over it all again I can but I suggest you go back and find the answers.

But if necessary I can do it all agaqin for you with no trouble at all. Right now I have to go. It will b e some time before I get back online.
Here you go again Symes, have I ever Sabbath was changed from Saturday to Sunday? No I've never said that, you keep bringing that up as if that's what we are saying, it's not.

The only religious groups that keep the Sabbath close to what scritures say are the Jews and the Messianic Jews, they haven't made their Sabbath a mere worship day were you can't buy and sell or work, they keep it by the book. If you want to do it, do it right.

We have the freedom to worship any day of the week, including Saturday, there's nothing wrong with Saturday worship, if my church met on Saturdays I'd be there Saturday. It's ok to do that, we are not bound to Saturday worship because the Sabbath is not a worship day, it was a shadow of things to come, a representation of the ETERNAL rest we will have from our earthly labours just like God had from the 7th day foward when He finished creation.
It's also the freedom, the rest we have in Christ.

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
Here you go again Symes, have I ever Sabbath was changed from Saturday to Sunday? No I've never said that, you keep bringing that up as if that's what we are saying, it's not.

The only religious groups that keep the Sabbath close to what scritures say are the Jews and the Messianic Jews, they haven't made their Sabbath a mere worship day were you can't buy and sell or work, they keep it by the book. If you want to do it, do it right.

We have the freedom to worship any day of the week, including Saturday, there's nothing wrong with Saturday worship, if my church met on Saturdays I'd be there Saturday. It's ok to do that, we are not bound to Saturday worship because the Sabbath is not a worship day, it was a shadow of things to come, a representation of the ETERNAL rest we will have from our earthly labours just like God had from the 7th day foward when He finished creation.
It's also the freedom, the rest we have in Christ.
We do not have freedom to choose what day we keep holy.

When God says to keep the seventh day holy that is what God means. God has never said to keep any other day holy.

No where in the Bible is a command to keep the first day of the week holy, it has nver been sanctified or set apart as the seventh day has.

Upvote 0

Andre

Bondservent of Christ
Oct 25, 2003
Richmond, VA
Visit site
✟1,847.00
Faith
Baptist
Symes said:

We do not have freedom to choose what day we keep holy.

When God says to keep the seventh day holy that is what God means. God has never said to keep any other day holy.

No where in the Bible is a command to keep the first day of the week holy, it has nver been sanctified or set apart as the seventh day has.
If you were born a Jew, between the Exodus and the death of Christ I would agree with you.

Upvote 0

Andre

Bondservent of Christ
Oct 25, 2003
Richmond, VA
Visit site
✟1,847.00
Faith
Baptist
Romans 14
5 One person regards one day above another,
another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.
He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God.

We have the choice now to worship whenever we want and as often as we want, as long as we do it for the glory of God, it's not limited to a day.

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
We have the choice now to worship whenever we want and as often as we want, as long as we do it for the glory of God, it's not limited to a day.

The issue is not so much when we worship God but what day do we set apart as being holy, what day is sanctified, what day does God say to keep.

In all cases it is the seventh day and not the first day of the week.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.