Isaiah 42 Describes Muhammad

one.m

Mar 9, 2005
✟131.00
Faith
Muslim
1- Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Until "...delighted"

If we consider "mine elect" as a noun then Mine elect = God's elect = Mustafa (in Arabic) the name of our Prophet Muhammad Mustafa (SAV). Otherwise it is true for all prophets of God.

After "..delighted..."

All prophets after Jacob (pbuh) mentioned in the Bible came for Israelites not Gentiles. This includes Jesus (pbuh) (look Matthew 15:21-26, Matthew 10:5-6 and many more). And Jesus (pbuh) did not stay on earth long enough to do that. But Muhammad (pbuh) was a Gentile and he brought message and judgment to Gentiles first.

2- He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heart in the street.

Here the word "not cry" is used as "not complain about the duty that I gave him" because we see in verse 13 God says "... he shall cry". There is a difference between these two using of the word cry. Now if we read your Bible Matthew 26:39-42, we can not say that Jesus (pbuh) never complained.

But if you read the life of Muhammad (pbuh) , the history of Islam you cannot find even one complaining word of Muhammad (pbuh) about the mission (duty) that given by God Almighty.

3- A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

This is true almost all prophets.

4- He shall not fall nor be discouraged, till he had set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

Until "earth:"

Jesus (pbuh) couldn't finish his mission which had continued only for ~3 years. He fall and discouraged (you will find many places in NT about this) and he couldn't set judgment in the earth, because his followers were a few and they had little faith (you will find many places in NT about this). And yet they "forsook him and fled" at the time that Roman soldiers came to arrest Jesus (pbuh). And Jesus (pbuh) himself says "My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence " John 18:36

But Muhammad established a state and ruled with his law that given by God. Therefore he set judgment in the earth and he did not fall and he was not discouraged.

After "earth:"

Here God says "his law", and in verse 9 says "former things come to pass". This means that he (new prophet) will bring new law. But if we read the Bible again, we see that Jesus (pbuh) says Matthew 5:17 "Think not I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but fulfill". And if we read further we understand that Jesus (pbuh) did not come with new law.

But Muhammad (pbuh) came with new law.

5- Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which come out of it ; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein;

6- I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles.

Muhammad (pbuh) is a descendent of Abraham (pbuh) and came to Gentiles.

7- To open blind eyes, to bring out prisoners from prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

"To open blind eyes". If we read verse 19 we will see more clearly that the word blind is used as idiom.

Meaning, he will show people the things that they did not know and will show people how to comprehend God and His message.

Prison is used as an idiom too. If a spirit doesn't know God and doesn't obey Him, then that spirit is in prison of Satan, and that person is prisoner of Satan. By accepting oneness of God and by obeying Him, the spirit of a person will be free and this makes that person free from prison of Satan. And in verse 8 God clearly states what He meant.

8- I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

(With explanation of verse 7) we understand that the person that God is talking about will come to a place that people worship idols as their gods. If we read verse 17, we may understand this better.

From verses 7 and 8, we understand that God is not talking about Jesus (pbuh) but Muhammad (pbuh). Because Jesus (pbuh) came to Israelites and they were not worshipping idols. But Muhammad (pbuh) came during the Jahilliya (ignorance) period of Arabs and destroy the idols. If we read verse 17, it will be understood more clearly.

9- Behold, the former things come to pass, the new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

As we read in verse 4 and my explanation of it, the person, God is talking about, will come new law. And this person cannot be Jesus (pbuh) because of the reasons stated above. This person is nobody but prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

10- Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles and inhabitants thereof.

If you want to hear this new song please listen to someone reciting the Qur'an. The new song that God talking about is Noble Qur'an. If you hear how people recite the Noble Qur'an, you will understand what God is talking about.

11- Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.

12- Let them give glory unto the Lord, and declare his praise in the islands.

Kedar is son of Ishmael (pbuh) (Genesis 25:13-16), and has nothing to do with Jesus (pbuh). This verse (verse 11) is not talking about Jesus (pbuh) but Muhammad (pbuh). As you know Muhammad (pbuh) is descendent of Abraham (pbuh) through Ishmael (pbuh). And the cities that they inhabited are in Arabia namely Telma (Tema/Teman), Yathrib (Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah), Paran (Makkah) etc. And if you observe the ritual of Muslims (especially during Hajj), you will see that cities (Makkah and Al-Madinah) lift up their voices** and people shout and glorify Allah from top of mountains, especially Mt. Arafat**. The rock is the rock that God sent to Adam from heaven, and it is located at the side of Kaba. As you know Muslim people make 7 tours around Kaba and kiss this rock while glorifying the Lord.

**in fact, you can see this in every Muslim country, when people are called to prayer, muezzins read the Adhan (calling to prayer) that sounds like a song. And even far from city you can hear this Adhan, it will look like that city lifted up its voice. Meaning of Adhan is

Allah is the greatest, Allah is the greatest

I'm witness that there is no god but Allah

I'm witness that there is no god but Allah

I'm witness that Muhammad is His messenger

Come to prayer, come to prayer

Come to salvation, come to salvation

There is no god but Allah.

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Oh for heaven's sake. Not more of this. Look either the Bible is corrupt or it isn't. If you're going to say the message of the Bible is corrupt, don't go using it to try to promote Muslims beliefs. You can't have it both ways.

Upvote 0

Muslim

Oct 14, 2004
✟1,547.00
Faith
Muslim
InnerPhyre said:
Oh for heaven's sake. Not more of this. Look either the Bible is corrupt or it isn't. If you're going to say the message of the Bible is corrupt, don't go using it to try to promote Muslims beliefs. You can't have it both ways.

What about Christians using the Old Testament for various reasons including trying to prove that Jesus is prophecized in it as the messiah, yet Christians say that it is abolished and that the laws of the Old Testament don't apply to them. I don't see any difference whatsoever. Quit being so hyprocritical.

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Muslim said:
What about Christians using the Old Testament for various reasons including trying to prove that Jesus is prophecized in it as the messiah, yet Christians say that it is abolished and that the laws of the Old Testament don't apply to them. I don't see any difference whatsoever. Quit being so hyprocritical.

No hypocrisy here because we acknowledge the OT as inspired by God. If we said the OT was corrupt and then used it to point out where prophecies of Jesus exist then yes I would be a hypocrite.

The laws of the OT have not been abolished. They have been fulfilled. Difference.

If you want to start saying that the Bible is a valid book, then you can, by all means, start spouting whatever you want about Muhammad, but don't tell me the Bible is corrupt and then still try to use it to promote your faith.

Upvote 0

Muslim

Oct 14, 2004
✟1,547.00
Faith
Muslim
InnerPhyre said:
No hypocrisy here because we acknowledge the OT as inspired by God. If we said the OT was corrupt and then used it to point out where prophecies of Jesus exist then yes I would be a hypocrite.

The laws of the OT have not been abolished. They have been fulfilled. Difference.

If you want to start saying that the Bible is a valid book, then you can, by all means, start spouting whatever you want about Muhammad, but don't tell me the Bible is corrupt and then still try to use it to promote your faith.

First of all, I'm not using the Bible to promote Islam. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, and will keep growing. The laws of the Old Testament which I'm referring to are the restrictions made by God such as not eating pork or drinking alcohol of any kind. Yet Christians disobey these laws anyways.

Upvote 0

ptgd1st

Jan 11, 2005
California
✟8,179.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not think you understand. We are no longer bound by those laws. We are redeemed by the Messiah who died on the cross and rose again. Just because we are no longer bound by those laws does not make the OT invalid. It does not make us hypocrites.

Upvote 0

Muslim

Oct 14, 2004
✟1,547.00
Faith
Muslim
ptgd1st said:
I do not think you understand. We are no longer bound by those laws. We are redeemed by the Messiah who died on the cross and rose again. Just because we are no longer bound by those laws does not make the OT invalid. It does not make us hypocrites.

No, it makes you "special". Why would God set stricter restrictions on different generations of people? As if Jesus dieing on the Cross will suddenly make alcohol and pork good to consume, when medical knowledge has proven otherwise.

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Muslim said:
First of all, I'm not using the Bible to promote Islam. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, and will keep growing. The laws of the Old Testament which I'm referring to are the restrictions made by God such as not eating pork or drinking alcohol of any kind. Yet Christians disobey these laws anyways.

Jews who follow the OT to the letter are not forbidden from drinking alcohol "of any kind." Neither are Christians, because alcohol isn't evil. The abuse of it is. Jesus drank alcohol, did He not?

Upvote 0

anup_j_j

Feb 3, 2005
✟201.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Muslim said:

oh ya it is the fastest "breeding" religion.try birth control budddy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Muslim

Oct 14, 2004
✟1,547.00
Faith
Muslim
InnerPhyre said:
Jews who follow the OT to the letter are not forbidden from drinking alcohol "of any kind." Neither are Christians, because alcohol isn't evil. The abuse of it is.

I remember reading somewhere in the OT that alcohol is forbidden. If that is the case, then how come Orthodox Jews don't drink alcohol?

InnerPhyre said:
Jesus drank alcohol, did He not?

I do not believe Jesus drank alcohol. That is something made up.

Upvote 0

DaBronx

Mar 10, 2005
New Jersey
✟16,289.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Muslim said:

The church of Satan, devil worship and atheism is a also growing does that mean they are right?

The laws of Moses were instilled so that the people would have direction once he was gone as Moses knew he would die soon. And for that time, people showed their love for God by their works (sacrifices et al) as it was their only hope.

Jesus came to change all of that and He brought the good news that we would need not be saved by works but by Faith. Jesus was the LAST sacrifice.

"It is not what goes into the mouth that makes you corrupt, for what goes into the mouth comes out of the body. But what comes out of your mouth, for what comes out of your mouth comes from your heart."
---Jesus Christ

When you say things like Jesus was not the Son of God and there is no God is when you get into hot water.

Finally, let's be careful not to judge ALL Christians by the acts of some (or most whatever you choose to believe) people are not perfect and we should never profess to be.

How do you like it when people judge Muslims by the actions of our friends Bin Laden, al Qaeda and all of those wonderful people who commit attrocities all in the name of Allah?

Upvote 0

muffler dragon

Ineffable
Apr 7, 2004
✟24,396.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
DaBronx said:
The laws of Moses were instilled so that the people would have direction once he was gone as Moses knew he would die soon. And for that time, people showed their love for God by their works (sacrifices et al) as it was their only hope.

I would really like to admonish you, and others who present ideas such as this, to refrain from speaking about that which you do not understand.

Judaism is far from being the sketch you have painted it to be.

Upvote 0

Muslim

Oct 14, 2004
✟1,547.00
Faith
Muslim
DaBronx said:

That implies that Moses wrote those laws and not Yahweh(God). Also you should probably take a class on the Hebrew Bible(OT) because your viewpoint is incorrect. Sacrifices were only a small part of the Israelite way of worship.

"Does the Lord delight in burn offerings and sacrifices as much as in obedience to the Lord's command? Surely, obedience is better than sacrifice..."(I Samuel Chapter 15 Verse 22)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaBronx

Mar 10, 2005
New Jersey
✟16,289.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
muffler dragon said:
I would really like to admonish you, and others who present ideas such as this, to refrain from speaking about that which you do not understand.

Judaism is far from being the sketch you have painted it to be.

By all means...are you Jewish?

I just finished the Book of Deuteronomy and this is what I "got" about sacrifices from what I read...While I am sure there is much more to worshipping God for the Jews, I took this one particular mode of Worship because of where the thread was going.

I assure you I will be reading and re-reading The Holy Book many times over before I finally drop dead, I have a lot to learn so I don't mind being corrected...In fact, I welcome it.

My mistake was making my statement as though it was standalone fact instead of what I felt to be true for me as far as burnt sacrifices were concerned and I certainly do not want to come across as though I'm some kind of know-it-all. Far from it!! I meant no offense. Sorry.

Thank you for your reply.

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs 31:6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto the bitter of soul.

Deuteronomy 14:26: And you shall bestow that money for whatever you desire, for oxen, for sheep, or forwine, or for strong drink, and you shall eat there before the Lord your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your household.

Luke 7:33-34: For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.'

John 2 1-10: 1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it. When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knw not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

Upvote 0

DaBronx

Mar 10, 2005
New Jersey
✟16,289.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Muslim said:
That implies that Moses wrote those laws and not Yahweh(God). Also you should probably take a class on the Hebrew Bible(OT) because your viewpoint is incorrect.

I'm sorry, I cannot give any second thought to anything you have to say. You are someone who is taking their life lessons from the wrong book.

My best to you, really.

Upvote 0

Muslim

Oct 14, 2004
✟1,547.00
Faith
Muslim
DaBronx said:
I'm sorry, I cannot give any second thought to anything you have to say. You are someone who is taking their life lessons from the wrong book.

My best to you, really.

Because I'm a Muslim and I follow the teachings of the Quran you cannot give a second thought to anything I have to say? That is an awkward viewpoint considering that you were discussing with a Jew about the Tanakh. If you don't wish to discuss non-Christian religions, then why are you in the non-Christian forum?

Upvote 0

muffler dragon

Ineffable
Apr 7, 2004
✟24,396.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
DaBronx said:
By all means...are you Jewish?

No. I'm studying it. Learning to become Torah observant.

DaBronx said:
I just finished the Book of Deuteronomy and this is what I "got" about sacrifices from what I read...While I am sure there is much more to worshipping God for the Jews, I took this one particular mode of Worship because of where the thread was going.

I assure you I will be reading and re-reading The Holy Book many times over before I finally drop dead, I have a lot to learn so I don't mind being corrected...In fact, I welcome it.

My mistake was making my statement as though it was standalone fact instead of what I felt to be true for me as far as burnt sacrifices were concerned and I certainly do not want to come across as though I'm some kind of know-it-all. Far from it!! I meant no offense. Sorry.

Thank you for your reply.

It's not a problem. I just have to address statements such as were made, because they are incorrect and tend to paint a poor picture of what Judaism really is.

Upvote 0