GeorgeTwo

May 31, 2008
✟39,702.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Is Isaiah 29:12 a prophecy of Muhammad?

No, it is not. It is not a prophecy at all.

Answering Islam provides an analysis of Isaiah 29:

Isaiah 29 is a chapter announcing punishment on Israel.

(3) I will encamp against you all around; I will encircle you with towers and set up my siege works against you. (4) Brought low, you will speak from the ground; your speech will mumble out of the dust. Your voice will come ghostlike from the earth; out of the dust your speech will whisper.

As part of the punishment God will also take away the ability to read (understand) the holy word because they have disobeyed it for so long. In particular, verse 10 states clearly that the prophets and seers themselves will be put to sleep and no longer receive revelation from the LORD.

(9) Be stunned and amazed, blind yourselves and be sightless; be drunk, but not from wine, stagger, but not from beer. (10) The LORD has brought over you a deep sleep: He has sealed your eyes, the prophets; he has covered your heads, the seers. (11) For you this whole vision is nothing but words sealed in a scroll. And if you give the scroll to someone who can read, and say to him, "Read this, please," he will answer, "I can't; it is sealed." (12) Or if you give the scroll to someone who cannot read, and say, "Read this, please," he will answer, "I don't know how to read." (13) The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.

Do you think these verses refer to Muhammad? The heart far from God, with worship that is not according to God's will but according to what men have invented (v.13) and that his inability to read is part of God's punishment? It is a sign of God putting a deep sleep on the people regarding spiritual matters, so that regardless how knowledgeable they are, they would nevertheless be unable to read (comprehend) what the word of God means.

Reading the Bible and interpreting it correctly is a little harder than just taking a verse and deciding what you think it means. It's never a good idea to take a verse out of context.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, it is not. It is not a prophecy at all.
Isaiah 29 is a chapter announcing punishment on Israel.
Announcing what God is doing is the very definition of prophecy. Prophecy is NOT about foretelling the future, even though it does that at times.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then you agree Isaiah 29:12 is not speaking of Muhammad?
Absolutely.

The only thing the bible says about Mohammed is this:

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Reactions: Mediaeval
Upvote 0

GeorgeTwo

May 31, 2008
✟39,702.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Absolutely.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Do you believe Muhammad was illiterate meaning he could not read or write because I don't.

This site:

Claim of Muhammad’s illiteracy | Submission.org - Your best source for Submission (Islam)

explains why Muhammad was not illiterate.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely.

Of course that includes the Jews too.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And I bet you didn’t know, Muslims revere Jesus and believe that he came in the flesh, so in reality, your statement ONLY pertains to the Jews.
Yes they believe a man named Jesus came in the flesh but they deny HE was the Son of God. So they leave out the "Christ" part.

"God has no son" is their belief. 1 John identifies that belief with the spirit of antichrist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Yes they believe a man named Jesus came in the flesh but they deny HE was the Son of God. So they leave out the "Christ" part.

"God has no son" is their belief. 1 John identifies that belief with the spirit of antichrist.

Al-Masih is associated with Jesus several times in the Quran. Al-Masih is Arabic for Messiah. Christ is an English rendition of the Greek Χριστός (Christos). Christos means Messiah.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Muslims revere Jesus in the Qur'an; not the New Testament.

Yes, it was in the name of the Jesus of the New Testament that my people (Jewish) were oppressed and killed for two thousand years. The Jesus (Prophet Isa, peace be upon Him) of Islam was the Al-Masih I can follow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christos means Messiah.
Roughly. Christos (Christ) means "anointed one" (anointed with a dab of oil on the forehead)
Moschiach (Messiah) means "anointed one" (anointed with a cruse of oil poured over the head)

But in the New Testament usage of that term (whether you use the Aramaic or the Greek) it includes Divinity.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know of millions that do not. But that is neither here nor there.
Understood.

But that is a temporary situation:

Rom 11.26 and so all Israel will be saved;** just as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”
27 “This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

28 From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers;
29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

** Come to faith in Jesus the Messiah

Upvote 0