Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Isaiah Chapter 18

1. Woe to the land of [*1 spinning] wings, [*2 beyond] the rivers of [*3 Cush];

2. That sends [*4 ambassadors] by sea, in [*5 wooden] vessels upon the waters. Go quickly you messengers and speak to a [*6 tall] and [*7 smooth skin] people, to a nation violent from their beginning onward; a strong and [*8 conquering] nation, whose land is [*9 divided] by waters.

3. All you inhabitants of the world living upon the earth; Look and listen when he lifts up a [*10 banner] on the mountain, and when he blows the [*11 trumpet.]

4. Yahwah said to me, I will remain silent, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a heat wave in the sunlight, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.

5. For before the harvest, when the blossom is gone, and the bud is ripening into young [*12 grapes], He shall cut off both the sprigs and cut down the [*12 branches] with pruning hooks and take them away.

6. They shall be left to the gathering birds of the mountains, and to the beasts of the earth; the birds shall summer upon them, and the beasts of the earth shall winter upon them.

7. In that time a gift shall be brought to [*13 the Lord] Yahwah Almighty, by a tall and smooth skin people, from a nation violent from their beginning onward; a strong and conquering nation, whose land is divided by waters, to a place named for [*13 the Lord] Yahwah Almighty, [*14 Mount Zion.]

*1. Spinning, buzzing, whirling, twirling and shadowing wings. The point to be made here is that any of these words are acceptable in the translation.
This point being that the wings are in motion and that it is being used to help personally identify that nation along with other key points.

*2. Beyond. The N.I.V bible translation (along) instead of (beyond) is in error. The subject nation is across the seas. Zephaniah 3:10 repeats part of Isaiah 18.

*3. Cush or Kush is now days called Ethiopia.

*4. Ambassadors or envoys. This is also key to the identification of that nation that sends ambassadors by sea.

*5. Wooden. The word wooden is used in place of the words bulrushes and papyrus. Strong’s bible dictionary attributes bulrushes as (papyrus), a plant used to make a wood pulp to build small boats or make paper. The word wooden is an interpretation and not a translation.

*6. Tall. The King James Bible does not use the word tall in its translation. The word tall is important in the identification of that nation.

*7. Smooth skin. The King James Bible translation is “scattered and peeled”, and the words can be translated that way. However the correct choice is smooth skin. Smooth skin means meek. It’s the opposite of being callus. What is being said is, go to the meek of that nation.

*8. Conquering. The King James in verse two uses the words (meted out) and (trodden down). The word meted means also measure out. It should have used the word tall for the translation. Also the words (trodden down) should have been translated to conquering.

*9. Divided. The King James uses the word (spoiled), who knows why. The word should have been translated (divided). The correct translation of any bible word or verse is very important for correctly understanding what is being said.

*10. And *11. Banner and trumpet. The word is (shofar), a horn. The word trumpet was used as an acceptable translation. Banner, flag or ensign are all acceptable translations. The seven branch menorah was designed by Yahwah as a national symbol. It was shown to Moses so it could be made for the sanctuary of earth.

Psalm 60:4. You have given a banner to them that fear you, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah.

*12. Grapes and branches. Both of these words have a symbolic meaning.
Jeremiah 6:9
This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Let them glean the remnant of Israel as thoroughly as a vine; pass your hand over the branches again, like one gathering grapes."

*13. Lord. That title is used in place of Gods personal name Yahwah.

*14. Mount Zion. See Hebrews 12:22. and Revelation 14:1. There are also other places in the bible that are related to this subject Mount Zion or Zion.

This is the interpretation.

Woe is for the sorrows that will come upon that nation in the last days.

There are five key points in the identification of that nation. Number one is spinning wings. Number two, they sent ambassadors by sea in wooden vessels. Number three, the people are tall. Number four, they have a violent beginning for that nation and onward. And number five, that nations land is divided by its waters.
America is that nation!

Spinning wings represents air craft for which America is famous for.
Sending ambassadors by sea in boats is a historical fact after America became a new nation.
American people are among the tallest of the nations. America had a violent beginning and has continued in violence throughout its history, whereas other nations have had long periods of peace.
No other place in the world is more divided by its waters than America. America uses its waterways to divide nation from states, states from counties, counties from cities, and cities from towns.

All of these things that I have said here are a matter of fact and not my opinion. In regards to verse four, were God says He will consider in His dwelling place like a cloud of due in the heat of harvest: This means; by His righteousness He will judge the harvest.
In verse five, the words grapes and branches are used symbolically for the people of the world.

When a person studies the bible they are in a search for clues. Also a person needs to know that some words can be translated differently.
Example: Isaiah 18. The king James translates one verse as the people being (scattered and peeled). However the N.I.V translates the same verse as (smooth skin) people.
Those Hebrew words can be translated either way. Now a people of a nation can be scattered, but they cannot be peeled. So the next question would be what does smooth skin mean. That’s easy, because it’s a phrase we use this day. It’s the opposite of being callus; it means meek.
So therefore the verse is saying go to the meek of a violent nation.

Now while other nations have had opportunities for long periods of peace, America has not since its beginning.
In history it is a known fact that after America became a nation; it sent ambassadors by ships all over the world.

Also, if a person was to study a map of America’s borders they would find that no other place in the world is more divided by its water ways.
In regards to the terms spinning or shadowing of wings, America was the first to develop aircraft.
And America is a nation that is beyond the rivers of Cush; now called Ethiopia.

Notice here how Zephaniah repeats part of Isaiah 18.

Zephaniah 3

9 "Then will I purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of Yahwah and serve him shoulder to shoulder.

10 From beyond the rivers of Cush my worshipers, my scattered people, will bring me offerings.

11 On that day you will not be put to shame for all the wrongs you have done to me, because I will remove from this city those who rejoice in their pride. Never again will you be haughty on my holy hill.

12 But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of Yahwah.

After I had made my first post on Isaiah 18, and after it was on the internet for some time, Hal Lindsey on TBN spoke on May 02, 2001. Hal stated that he did not believe Isaiah 18 is about America. Although Hal is a good Christian man, he has been wrong in the past.

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hey, I was politely asked to join the discussion and comment. :)

So I've seen your premise. You've tried to say that Isaiah talks about America. And forgive me if this sounds "beginner", but what is your real conclusion, that America will be destroyed?

I'm kind of new to this board so I hope I'm not going too far if I ask, do you believe in the rapture, tribulation, or antiChrist? How would they fit in if so?

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hey, I was politely asked to join the discussion and comment. :)

So I've seen your premise. You've tried to say that Isaiah talks about America. And forgive me if this sounds "beginner", but what is your real conclusion, that America will be destroyed?

I'm kind of new to this board so I hope I'm not going too far if I ask, do you believe in the rapture, tribulation, or AntiChrist? How would they fit in if so?
America will suffer a lot of damage, but it won't be completely destroyed.

I believe in a resurrection. I believe there will be tribulation. Anti-Christ are any who are apposed.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
America will suffer a lot of damage, but it won't be completely destroyed.

I believe in a resurrection. I believe there will be tribulation. Anti-Christ are any who are apposed.

Okay. So I'll be honest - I think if you say "America will suffer a lot of damage", the way things are going right now, you have a 50% chance of being right some day, regardless of the premise.

My biggest concern is that I feel people try to make Isaiah say things it doesn't, I know it's a very hard to read book. But I wonder why people try to find current prophecies in Isaiah when Daniel and Revelation just seem like much, much more rich books for it.

I'm afraid I'm not quite to the level of interpreting Isaiah. I think it tells the story of Christ through prophecy.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Okay. So I'll be honest - I think if you say "America will suffer a lot of damage", the way things are going right now, you have a 50% chance of being right some day, regardless of the premise.

My biggest concern is that I feel people try to make Isaiah say things it doesn't, I know it's a very hard to read book. But I wonder why people try to find current prophecies in Isaiah when Daniel and Revelation just seem like much, much more rich books for it.

I'm afraid I'm not quite to the level of interpreting Isaiah. I think it tells the story of Christ through prophecy.
OK, thanks for your input.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bumping one more time for comments.

Did you write that interpretation or did you copy and paste from somewhere?

My comments -
I don't agree that this is about 'America'.

I don't think "whose land the rivers have spoiled (divided)" has anything to do with "waterways".

Rashi seems to interpret this part as being Israel, and I think that sounds reasonable:
"a nation scattered and peeled, to a people terrible from their beginning hitherto; a nation meted out and trodden down, whose land the rivers have spoiled!"

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟774,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DELETE BY USER

Sorry, my comment did not contribute to the conversation and I decided to delete it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Did you write that interpretation or did you copy and paste from somewhere?

My comments -
I don't agree that this is about 'America'.

I don't think "whose land the rivers have spoiled (divided)" has anything to do with "waterways".

Rashi seems to interpret this part as being Israel, and I think that sounds reasonable:
"a nation scattered and peeled, to a people terrible from their beginning hitherto; a nation meted out and trodden down, whose land the rivers have spoiled!"
I wrote those comments.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, outside of the Bible, a man named Nostradamus claimed to have seen great disasters coming to the "new city"....interpreters thinks this refers to New York City, also they claim that he prophesied the assassination of the Kennedy's 4 of them, of a 20 year war...(i think it was 20, maybe 28) and of a one world government and an anti-Christ leader of that world government rising from the east wearing a purple turbin....suggests the Middle East.
Now I don't put a lot of stake into his prophesies....but it was an interesting study.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, outside of the Bible, a man named Nostradamus claimed to have seen great disasters coming to the "new city"....interpreters thinks this refers to New York City, also they claim that he prophesied the assassination of the Kennedy's 4 of them, of a 20 year war...(i think it was 20, maybe 28) and of a one world government and an anti-Christ leader of that world government rising from the east wearing a purple turbin....suggests the Middle East.
Now I don't put a lot of stake into his prophesies....but it was an interesting study.
I hope you found my commentary interesting.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Jerry6174

Aug 28, 2019
Toronto
✟7,811.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah Chapter 18

It is impossible to understand Isaiah 18 without looking at the actual meanings of some of the Hebrew words. Here's my take on it. Many of the words in the first two verses are ignored by translators for some reason.

"Shadowing wings" (KJV) refers to the United States of America (verse 1). The people being described as bringing gifts is China (verse 2).

Overall Theme
The nations of the world will be cut down (verses 5-6; Revelation 11:18; Habakkuk 2:13). The nation bringing gifts to honor God in verse 7 will be better off than those that don't. (Just because a nation is mentioned in the Bible is not necessarily a good thing. It is often bad.)

Timing

The prophecy is of a future far from Isaiah's time, which is why it was sealed and not understood (Isaiah 8:16-17). Some prophecies are only understood as they near their time (Daniel 12:9). Verse 3 clearly mentions a time when all the world will be able to see and or hear an event all at the same time. This is only possible with modern communication systems.

If the prophecy referred to events during or near Isaiah's time, then it would be an unfulfilled prophecy. All the world is supposed to be aware of a nation bringing gifts to God, and know what Mount Zion represents (verses 3 & 6). This has never happened yet. Explaining this prophecy as something that has already happened is contradicting the prophecy itself. (I have serious problems with the idea of a god who does not fulfill his own prophecies. That just means he won't fulfill his promises. The God of the Bible always keeps His promises.)

Context/Contrast

Chapter 18 is contrasted with chapter 19. A distant nation not usually associated with God brings gifts, while Egypt a nation next door to Israel is being punished for not knowing better. Isaiah 19:5 predicts the drying of the Nile, confirming this is a prophecy far from Isaiah's time, and most likely in our time (i.e. climate change; melting glaciers).

Hebrew Word Meanings

Since these nations did not yet exist in Isaiah's time, he could only describe them by their long standing character or end state. Thus everything Isaiah mentions should be considered uniquely descriptive, otherwise it would be easily confused with some other nation. An example of this would be the "messengers" in verse 2. Every nation has messengers/ambassadors. How is this nation different? It is different because of the sheer number of ambassadors it sends "over the waters" and not by land.

(The Hebrew words עַל פְּנֵי in verse 2 mean "on upon" the waters or "over upon." It can be taken to mean sailing on the surface of the water, or being above and over the water. Today, ambassadors rarely travel by sea since there are airplanes. This is why they are "swift." Since they "fly" Isaiah would assume they were "light.")

There is no way of understanding the prophecy without delving into the actual meaning of the Hebrew words Isaiah used to describe these future nations. You can check the meanings on biblehub.com by using their interlinear translations and definitions. (I encourage you to do so.)

"shadowing" צִלְצַ֣ל The common denominator in the meanings of this word is "noise." It should be left as "noise" because it is uncertain how Isaiah might be using this word to describe what doesn't exist yet.

"wings" כְּנָפָ֑יִם The common denominator in the meanings is "extremity." If "wings" is understood, then the noise of wings would be a natural phenomenon, and not a long standing characteristic of the nation being described. (The noise of wings can also change once birds die out or go away.)

Land of "extreme noise" or "noisy extremes" did not make sense until the modern age of guns, nuclear weapons, jet engines, racing cars and so on. Extreme noise could also describe the character of the people. Americans are the most extroverted and talkative.

"Ethiopia" This word does not exist in Hebrew, only in the New Testament Greek. The word in Hebrew is כֽוּשׁ "Cush." Cush is first mentioned in Genesis 2:13, where it is surrounded by a river (meaning an island or continent). Its boundaries were always vague, and it is unclear what ancient Israel knew of geography after the flood with the division of the earth (Genesis 10:25).

"Along the rivers" or "beyond the rivers"? מֵעֵ֖בֶר Since water surrounds Cush, the land of extreme noise cannot be "along" the rivers, otherwise it would surround Cush entirely and be closer to Israel at one point. If it was a river flowing within Cush, the land of extreme noise would be inside Cush. Thus the only meaning has to be "beyond."

The first verse rephrased: "Woe to the land of noisy extremes beyond the rivers of Cush."

"That sendeth ambassadors-" The word צִירִ֗ים is not ambassadors (the real ambassador/messenger word occurs later). Most of the time this word is translated as "pain" or "pangs" in the rest of the Bible. Its meaning is of physical or mental pressure. Anguish or anxiety fit well. It becomes pain when it is severe.

וּבִכְלֵי is translated as "vessels" but the general meaning is "implements" or "instruments."

גֹמֶא֮ is translated as "bulrushes" meaning papyrus or paper.

The Septuagint puts the meaning together as "treaties and paper letters." In modern terms: treaties, agreements, contracts, futures, options, derivatives, currency, guarantees, investment certificates, rights, prohibitions, regulations, sanctions, patents, bonds, stocks, and so on. The modern world runs on paper agreements and paper instruments. The land of extreme noise puts out more of these than any other nation. Every dollar is a contract the US government will in theory honor. When these fail, (think sub-prime) there is anguish or pain. Contracts also obligate certain responses, which in unfavorable conditions also means distress.

"-to a nation scattered and peeled-" Most of the time, מְמֻשָּׁ֣ךְ "scattered" is spelt quite differently elsewhere in the Bible, but in Proverbs 13:12 there is only a one letter difference. "Hope 'deferred' makes the heart sick." The meaning is "drawn out or delayed" not "scattered." A people long repressed, or suppressed fits the Hebrew meaning.

"-peeled-" וּמוֹרָ֔ט means "obstinate or independent." It is uncertain how the King James translators came up with "peeled."

The KJV translated נוֹרָ֖א as "terrible." The word actually means to be afraid, to be in awe, or to cause fear/awe. As a long term characteristic, "respect" would seem more appropriate than a people perpetually fearful or always causing fear.

קוקו is translated as "meted out" but the meaning is "stalwart."

Verse 2 rephrased: "Go, ye swift messengers, to a nation repressed and independent, to a people respected from their beginning hitherto; a nation stalwart and trampling, whose land the rivers have spoiled."

The Chinese people have always been led by their governments, and repressed by authoritarian rule. Confucian ideals lead to the self-regulation of behavior (self repression). But the country is also independent, different from all others (no alphabet, a tonal language), self-reliant and self-sufficient. Due to China's natural wealth, numerous people, and for centuries the source of all that flowed on the Silk Road, she has been respected for centuries at a time. China is the oldest continuous civilization on earth (stalwart). Her millions trample the earth just with everyday walking. And China is also a land divided by rivers, and spoiled by rivers when they flood. (The Yellow River is also called "China's Sorrow.")

Is there another nation that fits the meaning of the Hebrew words so well?

The prophecy is now clear. From Israel, looking westwards beyond Africa (Cush), the only nation of note is the United States. This is the nation that sends out over the seas endless paper instruments (financial, and political). America sends ambassadors to China, because China has returned to her historical role as the world's factory.

God has promised America will be cut down before her fruit is ripe (verses 5-6). It is cut down early because it is not being kept (Matthew 13:30). The land of noisy extremes no longer appears in the prophecy. Total destruction or is something left?

Revelation 13:16-17 describes the antichrist system as one that can stop any one from buying or selling. America is the only nation with the power of economic sanctions, stopping not just individuals but entire nations from buying or selling. Revelation 11:18 tells us God will destroy those who destroy the earth. Man could not destroy the earth until he invented machines. America is the only nation that has used nuclear weapons in war.

When this "harvest" occurs, God tells the world to watch as a distant people not normally associated with Him bring gifts to Zion (verse 7). This does not mean China escapes the "Woe" that opens the chapter. Nor does it mean China escapes the cutting down in verses 5 and 6. All nations not measuring up to God's standards will be punished (Zechariah 14:17-19). It just means a part of China survives.

Now it is clear why many English translators do not follow the actual Hebrew. They suspect or know the prophecy is against them.

I like to think the translators of the KJV were honest (and more pious) and did the best they could with the limited resources they had. Even though they didn't understand the prophecy, they had to write something. They couldn't leave a blank spot in the English Bible! Their hope would be for later translators to fix it or do a better job. To make it obvious, they eschewed their normal consistency, and deliberately chose English words that diverged from the Hebrew to alert later scholars. And they made it so that the English would not quite make sense. They knew their own notes and writings might not be copied or reprinted or handed down. But they knew the Bible would be reprinted and handed down. This was the best way to do it without adding footnotes (which didn't exist at that time) or side notations that would reduce confidence in the Bible or confuse the common reader. Unfortunately, modern translators only stretched those words further.

• Prayers
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,214.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah Chapter 18

1. Woe to the land of [*1 spinning] wings, [*2 beyond] the rivers of [*3 Cush];

2. That sends [*4 ambassadors] by sea, in [*5 wooden] vessels upon the waters. Go quickly you messengers and speak to a [*6 tall] and [*7 smooth skin] people, to a nation violent from their beginning onward; a strong and [*8 conquering] nation, whose land is [*9 divided] by waters.

3. All you inhabitants of the world living upon the earth; Look and listen when he lifts up a [*10 banner] on the mountain, and when he blows the [*11 trumpet.]

4. Yahwah said to me, I will remain silent, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a heat wave in the sunlight, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.

5. For before the harvest, when the blossom is gone, and the bud is ripening into young [*12 grapes], He shall cut off both the sprigs and cut down the [*12 branches] with pruning hooks and take them away.

6. They shall be left to the gathering birds of the mountains, and to the beasts of the earth; the birds shall summer upon them, and the beasts of the earth shall winter upon them.

7. In that time a gift shall be brought to [*13 the Lord] Yahwah Almighty, by a tall and smooth skin people, from a nation violent from their beginning onward; a strong and conquering nation, whose land is divided by waters, to a place named for [*13 the Lord] Yahwah Almighty, [*14 Mount Zion.]

*1. Spinning, buzzing, whirling, twirling and shadowing wings. The point to be made here is that any of these words are acceptable in the translation.
This point being that the wings are in motion and that it is being used to help personally identify that nation along with other key points.

*2. Beyond. The N.I.V bible translation (along) instead of (beyond) is in error. The subject nation is across the seas. Zephaniah 3:10 repeats part of Isaiah 18.

*3. Cush or Kush is now days called Ethiopia.

*4. Ambassadors or envoys. This is also key to the identification of that nation that sends ambassadors by sea.

*5. Wooden. The word wooden is used in place of the words bulrushes and papyrus. Strong’s bible dictionary attributes bulrushes as (papyrus), a plant used to make a wood pulp to build small boats or make paper. The word wooden is an interpretation and not a translation.

*6. Tall. The King James Bible does not use the word tall in its translation. The word tall is important in the identification of that nation.

*7. Smooth skin. The King James Bible translation is “scattered and peeled”, and the words can be translated that way. However the correct choice is smooth skin. Smooth skin means meek. It’s the opposite of being callus. What is being said is, go to the meek of that nation.

*8. Conquering. The King James in verse two uses the words (meted out) and (trodden down). The word meted means also measure out. It should have used the word tall for the translation. Also the words (trodden down) should have been translated to conquering.

*9. Divided. The King James uses the word (spoiled), who knows why. The word should have been translated (divided). The correct translation of any bible word or verse is very important for correctly understanding what is being said.

*10. And *11. Banner and trumpet. The word is (shofar), a horn. The word trumpet was used as an acceptable translation. Banner, flag or ensign are all acceptable translations. The seven branch menorah was designed by Yahwah as a national symbol. It was shown to Moses so it could be made for the sanctuary of earth.

Psalm 60:4. You have given a banner to them that fear you, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah.

*12. Grapes and branches. Both of these words have a symbolic meaning.
Jeremiah 6:9
This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Let them glean the remnant of Israel as thoroughly as a vine; pass your hand over the branches again, like one gathering grapes."

*13. Lord. That title is used in place of Gods personal name Yahwah.

*14. Mount Zion. See Hebrews 12:22. and Revelation 14:1. There are also other places in the bible that are related to this subject Mount Zion or Zion.

This is the interpretation.

Woe is for the sorrows that will come upon that nation in the last days.

There are five key points in the identification of that nation. Number one is spinning wings. Number two, they sent ambassadors by sea in wooden vessels. Number three, the people are tall. Number four, they have a violent beginning for that nation and onward. And number five, that nations land is divided by its waters.
America is that nation!

Spinning wings represents air craft for which America is famous for.
Sending ambassadors by sea in boats is a historical fact after America became a new nation.
American people are among the tallest of the nations. America had a violent beginning and has continued in violence throughout its history, whereas other nations have had long periods of peace.
No other place in the world is more divided by its waters than America. America uses its waterways to divide nation from states, states from counties, counties from cities, and cities from towns.

All of these things that I have said here are a matter of fact and not my opinion. In regards to verse four, were God says He will consider in His dwelling place like a cloud of due in the heat of harvest: This means; by His righteousness He will judge the harvest.
In verse five, the words grapes and branches are used symbolically for the people of the world.

When a person studies the bible they are in a search for clues. Also a person needs to know that some words can be translated differently.
Example: Isaiah 18. The king James translates one verse as the people being (scattered and peeled). However the N.I.V translates the same verse as (smooth skin) people.
Those Hebrew words can be translated either way. Now a people of a nation can be scattered, but they cannot be peeled. So the next question would be what does smooth skin mean. That’s easy, because it’s a phrase we use this day. It’s the opposite of being callus; it means meek.
So therefore the verse is saying go to the meek of a violent nation.

Now while other nations have had opportunities for long periods of peace, America has not since its beginning.
In history it is a known fact that after America became a nation; it sent ambassadors by ships all over the world.

Also, if a person was to study a map of America’s borders they would find that no other place in the world is more divided by its water ways.
In regards to the terms spinning or shadowing of wings, America was the first to develop aircraft.
And America is a nation that is beyond the rivers of Cush; now called Ethiopia.

Notice here how Zephaniah repeats part of Isaiah 18.

Zephaniah 3

9 "Then will I purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of Yahwah and serve him shoulder to shoulder.

10 From beyond the rivers of Cush my worshipers, my scattered people, will bring me offerings.

11 On that day you will not be put to shame for all the wrongs you have done to me, because I will remove from this city those who rejoice in their pride. Never again will you be haughty on my holy hill.

12 But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of Yahwah.

After I had made my first post on Isaiah 18, and after it was on the internet for some time, Hal Lindsey on TBN spoke on May 02, 2001. Hal stated that he did not believe Isaiah 18 is about America. Although Hal is a good Christian man, he has been wrong in the past.

It is an excellent thing to carefully consider alternate renderings, but I customarily find the alternatives are usually all applicable, though sometimes I'll come across an alternative where one must choose one way or another, yet such cases clearly appear to be Or Else's, Unless's, etc.,

I too did a recent study on Isaiah 18, but I think I came up with a better match.

The very first word הוי when each letter is distinctly articulated Ha ʷvaʰ î (Hawai'i), no one dwelling on the island enunciates it as Ha-why-ee, it is either Haʷvaʰ'î or Hawa'î.

To this very day the Hawaiians send Ambassadors on outrigger canoes, and were famous for their ability to move faster than powered vessels.

No country has their land separated by water more than the eight islands of Hawai'i.

Your correct about it not reading across the river of Ethiopia, the text has the word River pluralized, but that would make 'Beyond' the Rivers of Ethiopia contextually 'Antipode' the Rivers of Ethiopia.

It is one thing to Scatter a People, and it is another to Peel away the Autonomy of their Nativity.

The reference to Harvest, simply refers to the Last generation leading up to (the collective) judgement day.

To the place of the name of Yéhûʷəʰ Mt. Zion

הוהי Haʷvaʰî lit., Existence is the Hebrew definitive of יהוה (that which is), יהוה (that which was), and יהוה (that which shall come to be):

The Kingdom Come is Cast at the Foot of Babylon, who is identified by Daniel as the nation that exercises World Domination, where the seed of men mingle, but shall not remain United.

The stone grows and becomes a great Mountain where Alôhâyîm establishes a Kingdom here on earth for the saints to inhabit forever.

'....Go from one side of heaven unto the other side of heaven, and ask, has anyone seen, or heard of such a thing...' this is actually one of the Commandments which the Rabbis forgot to enumerate, nevertheless antipode to Egypt, Ethiopia and Îsʰraəl, there is only Hawai'i sitting in the heart of the Ring of Fire.

The tallest mountain on earth from base to top, Casting it's Theon into the Sea, and the Sea is Calm-Pacific.

Upvote 0