Renegade Time Lord
Jan 27, 2004
Here and there. Mostly there.
✟10,195.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Politics
US-Others
All 8 of my cats and my dog are spayed and neutered.

I had 3 cats before a mama stray came that was pregnant and had kittens. When they were old enough I had them all spayed/neutered.
Pet overpopulation is a major problem. The sooner more people spay/neuter the better. Too many animals are dying needlessly due to there not being enough homes for them. It's a very sad state of affairs.

Er... *gets off soapbox*

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,337.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yep, both my dogs have been spayed (one has since passed away).

Not only was it a condition of their adoption, which I think is a wonderful requirement, but I also believe it is irresponsible not to spay or neuter your pet once it reaches the appropriate age for doing so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aeris

Feb 1, 2008
✟8,182.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I voted yes all the pets I own and have ever owned have been spayed or neutered except for the cat I have now, I took him in from outside in october. Hes an indoor cat now and so hes not contributing to overpopulation and hasnt started spraying yet, hoping that wont happen too soon. He will be getting neutered as soon as I have money for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

encouraging loves animals

formerly known as encouragng_angels
May 31, 2004
South East Victoria
Visit site
✟49,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
In australia they are neutered/spayed as young as 6weeks old! So people who say they pets aren't old enough-is just ridiculous-6week old is common age that our aussie shelter spay and neuter! Fact is both dogs and cats can be at 4months old, however the average is 6month old.

I had my dog spayed at 6months old!

Upvote 0

Mrs Butterworth

Oct 4, 2008
✟639.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"being old enough" is a relative term. An animal may be old enough according to some criteria but if your vet doesn't think it is old enough, the vet isn't going to do the job. It took 8 months and one heat cycle for my vet to consider my German Shepherd old enough for spaying. When I was younger I remember (probably incorrectly) that they spayed/neutered at a younger age here in the United States.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.