D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
I ask this question this way so that the discussion does not go into the circular reasoning of trinitarians who say that they are not being understood. I personally do not see the Messiah who is Yeshua as also being G-d who sent his Messiah, which to me does not make any sense. How does one say that the one who sent is the one sent him.

G-d Bless,

Dan

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
PaladinValer said:
The Trinity is Three Persons of One Essense and One God.
Shalom,
That is why I wrote it like I did. I don't care how you believe your trinity.

Is Yeshua G-d Or Not? If you believe he is G-d then why do you believe such a thing?

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
How about these?
tulc(sorry you don't like trinitarians, we try and keep to ourselves :sorry: )

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
tulc said:
How about these?
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

tulc(sorry you don't like trinitarians, we try and keep to ourselves :sorry: )
Yes in the begining G-d spoke a word and it came into being.
All things were made by him, he spoke a word and it became so. That would include the Host and the Sons of G-d.
I don't dislike trinitarians, I dislike their doctrines, and I dont want this thread turning into a circular trinitarian debate.

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

JSynon

The Individual
Sep 7, 2004
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Visit site
✟8,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​
If you take this literally, then I can see how Jesus could be God. If you see it as highly metaphorical, then that's another story.

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
JSynon said:
John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​
If you take this literally, then I can see how Jesus could be God. If you see it as highly metaphorical, then that's another story.
Shalom JSynon,

I guess it would depend on how you saw it as literal. I take it literal and all I see is the one born of a word spoken by G-d.

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

SH89

Sola scriptura
Aug 7, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Visit site
✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
D.W. said:
Shalom JSynon,

I guess it would depend on how you saw it as literal. I take it literal and all I see is the one born of a word spoken by G-d.

G-d Bless,
Dan
Hello(shalom) Jsynon,

The messiah is G-d Himself:

Isaiah 9
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace

Micah 5
2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Who else besides G-d, has been "from everlasting".

And finally the icing on the cake:

I, [even] I, [am] the LORD Y@hovah; and beside me [there is] no saviour.isaiah 43:11

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Karl - Liberal Backslider

Senior Veteran
Jul 16, 2003
Chesterfield
Visit site
✟20,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
D.W. said:
Shalom JSynon,

G-d Bless,
Dan
Won't work. The Word's already been said in an earlier verse to be God.

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Karl - Liberal Backslider said:
Won't work. The Word's already been said in an earlier verse to be God.
Sahlom Liberal Backslider,

It works very well, I have no doubt that the word is G-d, as a matter of fact all words spoken to create were G-d's. Even when he created the Host and the sons of G-d spoken of in Job. Yes even when he created his Messiah to fullfill the prophesys.

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Karl - Liberal Backslider said:
There's a big difference between the Word being God, and the Word being of God. John's argument is quite clear - the Word was God, and the Word became a human being.
Shalom,

You still have to look further down and see where John says this about the Messiah sent from G-d.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

G-d's word made flesh, we beheld the glory of G-d's spoken word, Begoten of the Father, (created by G-d).

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

SH89

Sola scriptura
Aug 7, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Visit site
✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
D.W. said:
Shalom,

You still have to look further down and see where John says this about the Messiah sent from G-d.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

G-d's word made flesh, we beheld the glory of G-d's spoken word, Begoten of the Father, (created by G-d).

G-d Bless,
Dan
Are you ignoring my last post?

John 1
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The word was God. Word=Jesus, word=God, Jesus=God.

John does not say that Jesus is Gods spoken word, but is stateing that Jesus is God himself.

If you want evidence from scriptures(both old and new) that shows that Jesus is God, ill love to quote them for you.
God bless

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Shalom

I thought I answered that post, maybe you just didn’t like my answer, but just in case I’ll answer it again.

Well I Just went back over the posts in this thread and I didn’t see anything like what you just posted. I did see where you posted to Jsynon but was not aware it was directed at me. Oh! maybe it was on the other thread in unorthodox theology. I did answer this question there.

In John 1:1 it says:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

G-d created everything in the beginning with a word, he spoke a word and it became so, The word was with G-d because nothing else was there, There is a word in Judaism which is ein sof ( the boundless one) The word was the very essence of G-d. He put that essence into his creation. He was that word that he created with.

John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God. G-d’s word was there with him in the beginning, because with that word he created.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

These verses are all self explanatory of his creation.

6-9 is all about John the Baptist.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

G-d was in the world and the world didn’t know it because G-d was the only one there.

The Jewish nation which was G-d’s own did not receive him like he demanded of them.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

He continuously forgave and started over with a remnant that worshipped him as the covenants that were instituted proclaimed.

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

G-d’s word, Just as he breathed life into Adam with a word, he breathed life into his Messiah with that word that creates and it became flesh, and we beheld him as the only created son (begotten)of the Father born in the flesh.

John 1:15 - 17 is about that Messiah that John knew. In verse 17 John calls him the Messiah. John being a great prophet knew the difference between Hashem and his high priest which is why John did not use the Holy Name of G-d. Instead he just gave him the title of the anointed one of G-d.

John 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

This should be self explanatory, but I will attempt to explain it anyway. No one has ever seen G-d except the only son of G-d that was born in the flesh out of many sons of G-d.

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

John does not say that Jesus is Gods spoken word, but is stating that Jesus is God himself.
Your reading a lot that John never said. He said Yeshua was G-d’s Messiah that was brought to life in the flesh by G-d himself. As you continue to read John you will see that Yeshua denied claims of those that tried to say he was G-d. He plainly said he was here to do the will of the Almighty, not his own.

If Yeshua is G-d as you think then answer me this; Who is Yeshuas G-d?

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

D.W.

Contributor
May 24, 2004
Wisconsin
✟18,422.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Shalom SH89

I thought I answered that post, maybe you just didn’t like my answer, but just in case I’ll answer it again.

Well I Just went back over the posts in this thread and I didn’t see anything like what you just posted. I did see where you posted to Jsynon but was not aware it was directed at me. Oh! maybe it was on the other thread in unorthodox theology. I did answer this question there.

In John 1:1 it says:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

G-d created everything in the beginning with a word, he spoke a word and it became so, The word was with G-d because nothing else was there, There is a word in Judaism which is ein sof ( the boundless one) The word was the very essence of G-d. He put that essence into his creation. He was that word that he created with.

John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
G-d’s word was there with him in the beginning, because with that word he created.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

These verses are all self explanatory of his creation.

6-9 is all about John the Baptist.

G-d was in the world and the world didn’t know it because G-d was the only one there.

The Jewish nation which was G-d’s own did not receive him like he demanded of them.

He continuously forgave and started over with a remnant that worshipped him as the covenants that were instituted proclaimed.

G-d’s word, Just as he breathed life into Adam with a word, he breathed life into his Messiah with that word that creates and it became flesh, and we beheld him as the only created son (begotten)of the Father born in the flesh.

John 1:15 - 17 is about that Messiah that John knew. In verse 17 John calls him the Messiah. John being a great prophet knew the difference between Hashem and his high priest which is why John did not use the Holy Name of G-d. Instead he just gave him the title of the anointed one of G-d.

John 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

This should be self explanatory, but I will attempt to explain it anyway. No one has ever seen G-d except the only son of G-d that was born in the flesh out of many sons of G-d.

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

John does not say that Jesus is Gods spoken word, but is stating that Jesus is God himself.
Your reading a lot that John never said. He said Yeshua was G-d’s Messiah that was brought to life in the flesh by G-d himself. As you continue to read John you will see that Yeshua denied claims of those that tried to say he was G-d. He plainly said he was here to do the will of the Almighty, not his own.

If Yeshua is G-d as you think then answer me this; Who is Yeshuas G-d?

G-d Bless,
Dan

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dude, Jesus is God the Son; YHVH is God the Father. Even with the orthodox understanding of the Trinity, God the Father, Yahveh, is given slightly more "emphasis," as it was from Him comes God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. That is why Jesus (God the Son) prays to His Father.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.