May 3, 2015
✟9,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus is Lord. You are not Lord. You cannot and should not do everything Jesus does.

Nevertheless, He is our model.

A better question: "What would Jesus have me do in this situation?"
See I just disagree. Not with the fact that Jesus is Lord, nor with the truth that I am not. I believe that anything Jesus did here on this earth, in his humanity, is available for us to do as well. He came to teach us how it looks when one has ultimate intimacy with God. It was this intimacy that allowed Jesus to do and say what He did. And that is what we should strive for. For example, he expected the disciples to feed the crowd the second time. He also said that everything he did would be done by his followers, and even greater things. The only thing we cannot do that Jesus did is pay the penalty for someone else's sin.

Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See I just disagree. Not with the fact that Jesus is Lord, nor with the truth that I am not. I believe that anything Jesus did here on this earth, in his humanity, is available for us to do as well. He came to teach us how it looks when one has ultimate intimacy with God. It was this intimacy that allowed Jesus to do and say what He did. And that is what we should strive for. For example, he expected the disciples to feed the crowd the second time. He also said that everything he did would be done by his followers, and even greater things. The only thing we cannot do that Jesus did is pay the penalty for someone else's sin.
Well said. This is the one sense in which WWJD might be helpful, listening to the Father and doing His works.

Upvote 0