Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Most religious sites ban Proselytising, as it leads to flaming and all the negative aspects of the web.

Other sites, like this one, seem to just close threads that get out of hand.

I would suggest that few people are convinced by Proselytising, and you find your self speaking to both the converted and to those highly critical of whatever proposition you are putting forward.

Any one wanting enlightenment, is simply put off by all the bickering.

I have noticed that sticking to your guns over many posts and threads, does encourage some people to think about what you are saying, and some do come on board. However just repeating chapter and verse all the time, is highly irritating and is counter productive.

The Holy spirit is guiding all of us all the time, and even he has difficulty getting through to many people.... probably because they are not yet ready to listen.

But then again.... not all of us agree on the message that the Holy Spirit brings to us.
may be we don't all get the same message, or may be we are not yet ready for all of it.

We can but go where we are led....

Upvote 0

Jerri

Jun 26, 2014
✟17,255.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Recently in a newly formed group of my former high school mates 2 people asked for some spiritual advice. I gave what the Lord put in my heart. After that it was very quiet. I began to question whether I sounded too spiritual etc etc. The Holy Spirit encouraged me to sow a seed and move on. Some YouTube videos for example will be around for a long long time. The one who needs that your advice may be reading it 2-5yrs down the line, therefore sow your seed and move on

Blessings.

Upvote 0

ThinkOneWeek

Jan 14, 2018
Noord Holland
✟871.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone had any level of success online, presenting Jesus to non believers?

From my experience, sharing is not appreciated but rather payed back with rudeness and scorn.

One of the reasons for this could be the lack of emotion in written communication which often leads to misunderstanding.

Hi brother,

I sure do believe that sharing the gospel trough the internet is one of the possibilities. Through Social Media we easily can reach out to many people.
It is not the only way to spread the Gospel, but it can help to make the first step towards a real-life conversation with your friends for example.

The last 3 years I have been helping to spread the gospel through the internet via www.thinkoneweek.com and we have been able to reach many around the world, also people living in countries where christians are'nt welcome.

We can allready reach many through Facebook, Twitter etc. but I hope that some of you would like to share the website also through your Social media accounts. That will help to reach many more :)

We habe not been able to make some videos also, but I'm sure that can help also. Especially when it contains a personal story I think.

Blessings!, Anton

Upvote 0

Boogaloo

Aug 10, 2017
Boston
✟18,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It really depends on the group and the audience. If it is a person or group open to listening, then yes. If it is more or less off topic and to a general group, then no. Also, many, even most, online groups are really for people to converse with like minded individuals, an echo chamber as it were - they are not interested in being talked to. The best witness one can do online is be polite, open, and honest and witness in that way - not preaching per se. Also, in general most people are not going to play a youtube video...one is better off making your statement concisely in print. I know people on this board like to embed devotional videos they make....I have never clicked to listen to any of them...but maybe I am unique in that way. I just do not want to listen to someone speak in a (more than likely) poorly made video for more than a few seconds....

Doctrine of man:

Man 1:1 The best witness one can do online is be polite, open, and honest and witness in that way - not preaching per se.

Doctrine of God:

2Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doctrine of man:

Man 1:1 The best witness one can do online is be polite, open, and honest and witness in that way - not preaching per se.

Doctrine of God:

2Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm wondering if people have had nonChristian friends come to Christ through Facebook posts or sharing Bible verses.
I have no doubt that someone has come to Christ from our shares and posts on Facebook...but probably not many (but one is better than none!). I believe that most people on Facebook are friends with like-minded people, that enjoy the posts, but already agree.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Has anyone had any level of success online, presenting Jesus to non believers? From my experience, sharing is not appreciated but rather payed back with rudeness and scorn. One of the reasons for this could be the lack of emotion in written communication which often leads to misunderstanding. I was wondering would a testimonial video be more effective?
Today we live in the New electronic age and communication is now possible via the internet. The way to concieve this is through the NDCE (New Desciples of Christ Election); you can elect to be the representative of Christ and reach far more people than the old way of visiting the assemblies or going to each others homes. However, the purpose of this forum is not to convert anyone but for the defense of the original truth written down which is rapidly being lost. You must be aware of the infiltration by those who would like to dispose of the Bible by not believing in it because they have been taught in our colleges that the Bible is a myth. That actual truth lies in the way the Bible is written, and Christian beliefs do not support the claim of mythology. Each way of writing portrays a flowing word, without interjection of stories about the unrealistic. The exceptions are where later scribes added to the originals and thought the were serving a good purpose. An example is Bel and the Dragon, an exaggeration totally not flowing like the rest of that content. Another is Daniel and the Lions Den, another exaggeration. Moving on to the New Testament, we find the inserted story of the woman and who should cast the first stone, inserted at a much later date. Then we have the Additional ending of Mark, inserted, and the Johanne Comma also inserted by Erasumas and still carried by the present day translations. The NDCE welcomes the New Age to the Glory of God, even so, come quickly Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0