WV
✟13,027.00
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I somethimes watch theses guy’s named Final call, disiple Robert, and warning the people. They say that they are sinless by the power of Jesus. Is this for real? Is this even possible for someone to be sinless even if it was by the power of Jesus? Sometimes they honestly scare me because they seem to preach that everyone is going to hell except for them. I’m not trying to make them look bad but, do you think these dudes are legit?

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟173,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I somethimes watch theses guy’s named Final call, disiple Robert, and warning the people. They say that they are sinless by the power of Jesus. Is this for real? Is this even possible for someone to be sinless even if it was by the power of Jesus? Sometimes they honestly scare me because they seem to preach that everyone is going to hell except for them. I’m not trying to make them look bad but, do you think these dudes are legit?

Its impossible to be sinless, until the resurrection of the dead.

I honestly would just opt in for reading the Bible rather than youtube videos.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think they may be referring to 1 John 1. Read it for yourself. You may just be misunderstanding their meaning.There is no condemnation for those in Christ. See Romans 8.

Upvote 0

Mark_Sam

Veteran Newbie
Mar 12, 2011
✟54,249.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I mean, after the Sacrament of Confession, my sins are forgiven and therefore in that moment (at least) I'm sinless? And in the Order of Mass, right after the Our Father, the priest prays:
Deliver us, Lord, we pray, from every evil,
graciously grant peace in our days,
that, by the help of your mercy,
we may be always free from sin

and safe from all distress,
as we await the blessed hope
and the coming of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
We wouldn't pray for the impossible.
My experience is that the notion of "being sinless" is much less dramatic in Catholic thought than in Protestant thought (at least Lutheran and Calvinist thought, with which I'm most familiar). In Catholic thought, Original Sin is an philosophical accident, i.e. it is not a defining characteristic of that it means to be human (or else, the sinless Christ wouldn't truly be human). These Protestant traditions often treat Original Sin as essential to human nature, at least in effect, so that to their ears, "being sinless" sounds like "exceeding the human condition and becoming God-like".

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I mean, after the Sacrament of Confession, my sins are forgiven and therefore in that moment (at least) I'm sinless? And in the Order of Mass, right after the Our Father, the priest prays:

We wouldn't pray for the impossible.
My experience is that the notion of "being sinless" is much less dramatic in Catholic thought than in Protestant thought (at least Lutheran and Calvinist thought, with which I'm most familiar). In Catholic thought, Original Sin is an philosophical accident, i.e. it is not a defining characteristic of that it means to be human (or else, the sinless Christ wouldn't truly be human). These Protestant traditions often treat Original Sin as essential to human nature, at least in effect, so that to their ears, "being sinless" sounds like "exceeding the human condition and becoming God-like".
Yes, the Protestants often enough call the fallen state 'sin nature' when it is not our nature at all but an effect that damages our nature. Our nature is that of Adam before the fall, bent and deformed like Adam's nature was bent and deformed at the fall. We are depraved, but not totally depraved. We need salvation indeed, and cannot save ourselves, but the idea of 'sin nature' is the teaching of people who by their own admission are depraved.

We can be sinless for moments, maybe even for days at a time. Well, not days at a time for me in practice. Because of God's love we can return to sinlessness again (and again) but to think we are made sinless permanently in this lifetime is theological presumption.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I sometimes watch theses guy’s named Final call, disciple Robert, and warning the people. They say that they are sinless by the power of Jesus. Is this for real? Is this even possible for someone to be sinless even if it was by the power of Jesus? Sometimes they honestly scare me because they seem to preach that everyone is going to hell except for them. I’m not trying to make them look bad but, do you think these dudes are legit?
There are plenty of other Protestants that rail on 'disciple Robert Lyte's teaching as false and misleading. You know this guy is making it up if he ignores 1 John 1: 8-10. Case closed.

Get yourself a copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and read that. I'm presuming you already have a Bible and read that with some regularity. If you don't have a Bible, start there and then the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

You-tube isn't always your friend. If you are addicted to You-tube you might watch some video from bishop Robert Barron. Much more sound stuff.

Upvote 0