Is warning about Hell preaching the gospel?

mandelduke

Oct 17, 2010
Choctaw Ms
✟8,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not really though Jesus preached about it a lot. I would stay away from topics that turn people away. Doctrines like hell scare people so they go to doctrines that itch there ears (SDA's, Jehovahs Witnesses, Mormons) who all reject Hell.
Jesus preached the law and how no man could keep it Remember while Jesus was living we were still under the old covenant.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is posting things like this on forums and sending messages like this on the internet preaching the gospel?: If you don't believe in hell, then I have a theory, which I can tell you, if you ask me for it by sending me a message. I come to you with a warning. It is time to see the pain, suffering and agonizing picture of hell. Hell is a foul place filled with evil, menace, avarice, foulness and treachery. You would be wise not to pave your way in to the dark unbright corners, unlit depths, deepless bowls and endless paths of the wicked, merciless, relentless and fueling lake of fire for it is an never-ending and everlasting spiral of torture and cruelty. Hell is an ungodly and unhuman place filled with many sorrows, weepings and wailings. It is eternal damnation and condemnation for all sinners and evildoers. All people who stray away from the Ancient of Days, do not follow the Laws of Moses and the Ten Commandments given at Mount Sinai to the holy, divine and sacred people of Israel who are God's soldiers, God's people and God's chosen ones, turn their back on the Holy One or not listen to the words of Jesus will have their place in the lake of fire that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. These are matters of importance to keep one away from the torments and turmoils of the endless suffering in hell. Being bound and taking a liking to earthly delights and worldly wonders is an blasphemous crime against the Lord. The penalty of unrest in the pits of hell is a severe, cruel, brutal and gruesome one. It is indispensable to avoid this agony and pain. For once one enters the gates of hell, once he falls into the firey and unescapable deeps of the unknown and once he steps his way into the infernal doom, there is no turning back to the light, no way out of the darkness and no exit from the horrifying and cruel landscape of hell. It is pure and restless evil, dreadful devastation and unbearable pain in the suffering of the lake of fire. Hell pictures_ A Trip To Hell (Full version) / 지옥그림_지옥을 견학하다 (Full version) - YouTube Girl Goes To Hell And Lives paints pictures of hell, hell pictures, Korean Girl paints hell is real - YouTube If you don't believe in hell, then I have a theory, which I can tell you, if you ask me for it by sending me a message.

To your first sentence (question): The Gospel is the Good News. It can be found in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. If you want to preach the Gospel, those Books would work well. This is just silly. Scaring people into coming to Christ is not the Gospel. It's deceptive and unnecessary.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, that is the impression that is given by the movie. The Jesus character in it, despite his whining about caring for sinners, seems to be enjoying and gloating over the sadistic torture of sinners. He even leads other people on a tour of it!

If God is sovereign over his Creation, and Jesus Christ has truly been victorious over sin and death, then Satan and the rebel angels are defeated and slated for punishment in the Lake of Fire. They are not going to be given a free pass to become employees in a divine slaughterhouse where they are permitted gleefully to do what they always wanted to do against God's creation.
#36 reposted for everyone's convenience.
While I don't completely agree with the first paragraph, the second one deserves addressing.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Tzaousios
Well, that is the impression that is given by the movie. The Jesus character in it, despite his whining about caring for sinners, seems to be enjoying and gloating over the sadistic torture of sinners.
He even leads other people on a tour of it!

That brings to mind revelation 14........

Kindgdom Bible Studies Savior of the World Series Part 7 In The Presence
TORMENTED IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LAMB

The words torment, tormented, tormentors, and torments occur twenty-one times in the King James version, and all in the New Testament. Three of these are in connection with the lake of fire. Let me give you the quotations.
"The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation;
and he shall be TORMENTED WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE IN THE PRESENCE OF THE HOLY MESSENGERS AND IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LAMB:
and the smoke of their torment ascends up for ever and ever.
And they have no rest day nor night..."
(Greek: unto the ages of the ages): (Rev. 14:10-11). "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are,
and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever (Greek: unto the ages of the ages - see Part One of this series -'Just What Do You Mean ... ETERNITY!')" (Rev. 20:10)..................

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by yogosans14
Not really though Jesus preached about it a lot. I would stay away from topics that turn people away. Doctrines like hell scare people so they go to doctrines that itch there ears (SDA's, Jehovahs Witnesses, Mormons) who all reject Hell.
Jesus preached the law and how no man could keep it
Remember while Jesus was living we were still under the old covenant.
That is a rather absurb statement to make.

As far as I know, neither I, nor my parents were ever under the OC, as they and I were "Gentiles", not Jews.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
For once one enters the gates of hell, once he falls into the firey and unescapable deeps of the unknown and once he steps his way into the infernal doom, there is no turning back to the light, no way out of the darkness and no exit from the horrifying and cruel landscape of hell. It is pure and restless evil, dreadful devastation and unbearable pain in the suffering of the lake of fire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXkBBIaiVc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci9KI4rSXw4&list=FLHUPzsApjDBso0bL2k8GuPg

If you don't believe in hell, then I have a theory, which I can tell you, if you ask me for it by sending me a message.
Well the video he posted was good and uplifting. I can't imagine why churches aren't full of happy people flocking to the pews, after hearing a Japanese video full of gore and sadism that is supposed to reflect "good news" or "God's love" to them.
It makes me tingle with warm fuzzies as we speak.
What the heck! :D :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What the heck! :D :doh:

I didn't see what I thought I saw...

cartoon-looney-tunes-tweety-bird-puddy-cat-poster-GBfp2743.jpg

No Tweety... That was no puddy tat!

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Is this a poll? My vote is that yes, warning about Hell is absolutely preaching the Gospel. And indeed it is a critical component. #1 reason why: because that is the reality of it. Why lie? Why ignore reality? People prefer not to think about their own deaths--let alone the second death--but people realize that ignoring reality solves nothing. Some people nonetheless will choose to do just that, but that doesn't mean YOU have to.

I will give this much, though: Gospel is another word for "the Good News". I always felt that odd to an unbeliever: "Listen everyone, I have good news! You're going to Hell!" It needs to be cast in a different light. Along the lines of, "You're lost and you know it [most people do], but I know the Way".

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
And the action begins at Ezekiel chapter 3!

16 And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul. - Ezekiel 3

We have the responsibility to warn people of the perils of sin!

Upvote 0