Is warning about Hell preaching the gospel?

Whyte

Feb 28, 2013
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, which is why your video looks even sillier, because it tries to depict the same kind of punishments, yet entirely misses the point of Dante in writing it. Did you just go look up Dante's Inferno on Wikipedia or something?

Or are they a better commentary on the mind of the filmmakers who would try to come up with such things that they want to see done to sinners? Remember, I mentioned the anxiety and obsession of certain Evangelical Protestants over sin and Hell.

Here is "proof" right here that you have not been reading my replies to you. Go back and look at my post #8.
But what kind of soul in mankind would have such morbid way of thinking? It is clearly not something a human could come up with for it is surely and undoubtedly the works of Satan, the serpent, who deceived Eve and brought mankind into the hands of evil and the enticements of sin onto the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟19,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have proof of where the punishments and the way of saying "puck puck" when piercing someone you say are coming from?

You are repeating yourself again. Please address the SPECIFICS of my previous posts. Everyone is reading this and notices that you are not helping yourself at all in this.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The rich man in Hades cried and said, "I am tormented in this flame" (Luke 16:24). Those in hell are tortured by God (Matthew 18:34-35) in an everlasting fire (Matthew 18:8; 25:41). They are being burned continually with a fire that will never be quenched (Mark 9:43-48). Those in hell melt away (Psalm 112:10) at the presence of God (Psalm 68:2), because God is in hell (Psalm 139:8) consuming them with His fire (Hebrews 12:29; Psalm 50:3; 97:3).

Welcome to CF! :wave:
296474-albums4551-42833t.gif

Upvote 0

Alvis

Harry Potter
Aug 30, 2013
Here
✟1,906.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I find it a very ineffective way to preach the gospel. In today's increasingly anti-christian society, simply telling people "do this" or "don't do that" will no longer work. We have have to give reasons why people end up in Hell, and reasons why Jesus is the only way.

Because they stole a candy bar when they were six or because they saw that cute girl at the mall who wore a tight shirt. Damnation is on its way, look out.

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟19,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have proof of where the punishments and the way of saying "puck puck" when piercing someone you say are coming from?

See my reply to you in post #8. Are you reading my replies or not? Please address the specifics.

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟19,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are those all of the movies?

Why do you keep asking so many questions and not addressing the specifics of my replies? It is not lost on anyone that this is a tactic that you are employing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mandelduke

Oct 17, 2010
Choctaw Ms
✟8,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is posting things like this on forums and sending messages like this on the internet preaching the gospel?: If you don't believe in hell, then I have a theory, which I can tell you, if you ask me for it by sending me a message. I come to you with a warning. It is time to see the pain, suffering and agonizing picture of hell. Hell is a foul place filled with evil, menace, avarice, foulness and treachery. You would be wise not to pave your way in to the dark unbright corners, unlit depths, deepless bowls and endless paths of the wicked, merciless, relentless and fueling lake of fire for it is an never-ending and everlasting spiral of torture and cruelty. Hell is an ungodly and unhuman place filled with many sorrows, weepings and wailings. It is eternal damnation and condemnation for all sinners and evildoers. All people who stray away from the Ancient of Days, do not follow the Laws of Moses and the Ten Commandments given at Mount Sinai to the holy, divine and sacred people of Israel who are God's soldiers, God's people and God's chosen ones, turn their back on the Holy One or not listen to the words of Jesus will have their place in the lake of fire that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. These are matters of importance to keep one away from the torments and turmoils of the endless suffering in hell. Being bound and taking a liking to earthly delights and worldly wonders is an blasphemous crime against the Lord. The penalty of unrest in the pits of hell is a severe, cruel, brutal and gruesome one. It is indispensable to avoid this agony and pain. For once one enters the gates of hell, once he falls into the firey and unescapable deeps of the unknown and once he steps his way into the infernal doom, there is no turning back to the light, no way out of the darkness and no exit from the horrifying and cruel landscape of hell. It is pure and restless evil, dreadful devastation and unbearable pain in the suffering of the lake of fire. Hell pictures_ A Trip To Hell (Full version) / 지옥그림_지옥을 견학하다 (Full version) - YouTube Girl Goes To Hell And Lives paints pictures of hell, hell pictures, Korean Girl paints hell is real - YouTube If you don't believe in hell, then I have a theory, which I can tell you, if you ask me for it by sending me a message.
The gospel is the good news of changed lives. Paul says to Christians, ‘your life is hid with “Christ in God’ (Col 3:3), and in numerous places he says that we are now ‘in on the one hand, that the Father accepts us in Christ and treats us as if we had done all that Jesus has done (cf. Col 3:2a). But this is also means Christ’s life comes into us by the Spirit and shapes us into a new kind of person. The gospel is not just a truth about us that we affirm with our minds, it is also a reality we must experience in our hearts and souls.
For example, In 2 Corinthians 8 and 9 Paul wants the people to give an offering to the poor. He says, “I don’t want to order you. I don’t want this offering to simply be the response to my demand.” He doesn’t put pressure directly on the will (saying ‘I’m an apostle and this is your duty to me!’) nor pressure directly on the emotions (telling them stories about how much the poor are suffering and how much more they have than the sufferers). Instead, Paul vividly and unforgettably says, “You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich” (2 Cor 8:9). When he says ‘you know the grace’—he uses a powerful image, bringing Jesus’ salvation into the realm of money and wealth and poverty. He moves them by a ‘spiritual recollection’ of the gospel. Paul is saying, ‘Think on his costly grace. Think on that grace until you are changed into generous people by the gospel in your hearts.’ So the solution to stinginess is a re-orientation to the generosity of Christ in the gospel, where he poured out his wealth for you. Now you don’t have to worry about money—the cross proves God’s care for you and gives you security. Now you don’t have to envy any one else’s money. Jesus’ love and salvation confers on you a remarkable status—one that money cannot give you.
Paul does the same thing in Ephesians 5:25ff, where he urges husbands to be faithful to their lives. What is the point? What makes you a sexually faithful spouse, a generous-not avaricious- person, a good parent and/or child is not just redoubled effort to follow the example of Christ. Rather, it is deepening your understanding of the salvation of Christ and living out of the changes that understanding makes in your heart—the seat of your mind, will, and emotions. Faith in the gospel re-structures our motivations, our self-understanding and identity, and our view of the world. Behavioral compliance to rules without heart-change will be superficial and fleeting. The gospel changes your heart.
3. The gospel is the good news of the new world coming. The plot-line of the Bible is:
1) God created the world,
2) The world and humanity fell into sin and decay,
3) But God sends his Son to redeem the world and create a new humanity, and
4) Eventually the whole world will be renewed. Death, decay, injustice, and suffering will be all removed.
The gospel then is not just about individual happiness and fulfillment. It is not just a wonderful plan for ‘my life’ but a wonderful plan for the world. It is about the coming of God’s kingdom to renew everything. Gospel-centered churches do not only urge individuals to be converted, but also to seek peace and justice in our cities and in our world
Christ wins our salvation through losing, achieves power through weakness and service, and comes to wealth via giving all away. Those who receive his salvation are not the strong and accomplished but those who admit that they are weak and lost. This pattern creates an ‘alternate kingdom’ or ‘city’ (Matt.5:14-16). in which there is a complete reversal of the values of the world with regard to power, recognition, status, and wealth. When we understand that we are saved by sheer grace through Christ, we stop seeking salvation in these things. The reversal of the cross, therefore, liberates us from bondage to the power of material things and worldly status in our lives. The gospel, therefore, creates a people with a whole alternate way of being human. Racial and class superiority, accrual of money and power at the expense of others, yearning for popularity and recognition–all these things are marks of living in the world, and are the opposite of the mindset of the kingdom (Luke 6:20-26).
Conclusion
All of the above are important ‘perspectives’ on the gospel. The first stresses the doctrinal content of the gospel. The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ died and rose for our salvation in history. The second stresses the personal individual impact of the gospel. The gospel is a transforming grace that changes our hearts and inmost motives. The third stresses the social impact of the gospel. The gospel brings a new ‘order’ in which believers no longer are controlled by material goods or worldly status and have solidarity with others across customary social barriers. These 3 three ‘perspectives’ are all Biblical and should be kept together. There is a tendency for Christians and churches to focus on just one of these perspectives and ignore the others. However they are inseperable and inter-dependent on one another.
If, for example, you stressed the social perspective to the exclusion of others, you might call loudly for social justice, but your ministry will not convert people and give them the changed lives they need to persevere in humbly serving the needs of the poor. If you stress the doctrinal perspective to the exclusion of the experiential and social, you might have a ministry that is doctrinally accurate but it will not produce changed lives, so why should anyone believe your doctrine? If you over-stress the personal perspective, you might ‘psychologize’ the gospel so that it is presented as strictly a way for an individual to overcome his or her guilt and unhappiness. But it will not get the person out of him or herself—which is what you need most to be happy. We were built by God for service. All three perspectives are necessary. This full approach to the gospel creates a church that does not fit neatly into the traditional ‘conservative/sectarian’ nor ‘liberal/mainline’ categories.
The gospel is the dynamic for all heart-change, life-change, and social-change. Change won’t happen through ‘trying harder’ but only through encountering with the radical grace of God.
The Good News or the Gospel Is happy news. It has nothing to do with hell But it has everything to do with our sins being Purchased by the blood of Christ.

Upvote 0

Whyte

Feb 28, 2013
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is what I meant by "inverted." The video revels in its sadism and gloating over torturous punishment, thus leading me to think that the filmmakers believe it is a charitable thing to be done to "sinners."
It is. They will pay with their souls in hell for all eternity and beyond and the video tries to free them from the yokes and slavery of sin.
The remakes of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series, Saw, etc. It also rips off movies that are not B-grade, such as Event Horizon and Jacob's Ladder. You are not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes by claiming some personal experience or revelation of Hell.
It is God's message to the world.
There have been plenty of interpretations throughout church history about the punishments for unrepentant sin and what Hell is. Even Dante's Inferno, which the movie shamelessly rips off, is not about hyper-pietistic scare tactics concerning the punishments of Hell. By your statements concerning the Middle Ages, it is quite apparent that you have not investigated the history of the period in any serious fashion.
Dante's Inferno has embodiments of the seven deadly sins. There are no embodiments, shapes or forms of the seven deadly sins in that video, only the penalties and punishments for doing them.

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟19,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is. They will pay with their souls in hell for all eternity...

So you are advocating a kind of Christian sadism in which Christians are encouraged to gloat over and enjoy violence against those they deem to be "sinners?"

Whyte said:
...and beyond and the video tries to free them from the yokes and slavery of sin.

How so? As I said, that is left to be seen since the scare tactics are more laughable than liberating. Secondly, to what end is it freeing them, a particularly obsessive form of hyper-pietistic Evangelical Protestantism that leaves its adherents in the slavery of anxiety?

It is God's message to the world.

No, I am sorry, but Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Saw do not constitute "God's message to the world." :doh:

Whyte said:
Dante's Inferno has embodiments of the seven deadly sins. There are no embodiments, shapes or forms of the seven deadly sins in that video, only the penalties and punishments for doing them.

So what, the video shamelessly pilfers Dante's Inferno for the same kinds of penalties and punishments, yet entirely misses Dante's reason for writing it. If you are going to ask for proof again, read Dante's Inferno, not a Cliffnotes summary of it or Wikipedia.

Upvote 0

Whyte

Feb 28, 2013
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you are advocating a kind of Christian sadism in which Christians are encouraged to gloat over and enjoy violence against those they deem to be "sinners?"
If I really did that, then I am sorry. Please forgive my depravity.
How so? As I said, that is left to be seen since the scare tactics are more laughable than liberating. Secondly, to what end is it freeing them, a particularly obsessive form of hyper-pietistic Evangelical Protestantism that leaves its adherents in the slavery of anxiety?
It is freeing them from the yokes and slavery of sin. Why do you say otherwise?
No, I am sorry, but Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Saw do not constitute "God's message to the world." :doh:
I was talking about the video.
So what, the video shamelessly pilfers Dante's Inferno for the same kinds of penalties and punishments, yet entirely misses Dante's reason for writing it. If you are going to ask for proof again, read Dante's Inferno, not a Cliffnotes summary of it or Wikipedia.
Did the writer of Dante's Inferno see a vision from Heaven, from God? Did he actually venture into the realm of hell, did he witness it first-hand for himself?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟19,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I really did that, then I am sorry. Please forgive my depravity.

Well, that is the impression that is given by the movie. The Jesus character in it, despite his whining about caring for sinners, seems to be enjoying and gloating over the sadistic torture of sinners. He even leads other people on a tour of it!

If God is sovereign over his Creation, and Jesus Christ has truly been victorious over sin and death, then Satan and the rebel angels are defeated and slated for punishment in the Lake of Fire. They are not going to be given a free pass to become employees in a divine slaughterhouse where they are permitted gleefully to do what they always wanted to do against God's creation.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One day, people are going to look back on this and do a study and they will come to many conclusions about their primitive man and they will be ashamed and will grieve for their fellow man.
One day this week.:cool:

Upvote 0

Alvis

Harry Potter
Aug 30, 2013
Here
✟1,906.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Well the video he posted was good and uplifting. I can't imagine why churches aren't full of happy people flocking to the pews, after hearing a Japanese video full of gore and sadism that is supposed to reflect "good news" or "God's love" to them. It makes me tingle with warm fuzzies as we speak.

Upvote 0