Is warning about Hell preaching the gospel?

Whyte

Feb 28, 2013
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is posting things like this on forums and sending messages like this on the internet preaching the gospel?: If you don't believe in hell, then I have a theory, which I can tell you, if you ask me for it by sending me a message. I come to you with a warning. It is time to see the pain, suffering and agonizing picture of hell. Hell is a foul place filled with evil, menace, avarice, foulness and treachery. You would be wise not to pave your way in to the dark unbright corners, unlit depths, deepless bowls and endless paths of the wicked, merciless, relentless and fueling lake of fire for it is an never-ending and everlasting spiral of torture and cruelty. Hell is an ungodly and unhuman place filled with many sorrows, weepings and wailings. It is eternal damnation and condemnation for all sinners and evildoers. All people who stray away from the Ancient of Days, do not follow the Laws of Moses and the Ten Commandments given at Mount Sinai to the holy, divine and sacred people of Israel who are God's soldiers, God's people and God's chosen ones, turn their back on the Holy One or not listen to the words of Jesus will have their place in the lake of fire that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. These are matters of importance to keep one away from the torments and turmoils of the endless suffering in hell. Being bound and taking a liking to earthly delights and worldly wonders is an blasphemous crime against the Lord. The penalty of unrest in the pits of hell is a severe, cruel, brutal and gruesome one. It is indispensable to avoid this agony and pain. For once one enters the gates of hell, once he falls into the firey and unescapable deeps of the unknown and once he steps his way into the infernal doom, there is no turning back to the light, no way out of the darkness and no exit from the horrifying and cruel landscape of hell. It is pure and restless evil, dreadful devastation and unbearable pain in the suffering of the lake of fire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXkBBIaiVc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci9KI4rSXw4&list=FLHUPzsApjDBso0bL2k8GuPg If you don't believe in hell, then I have a theory, which I can tell you, if you ask me for it by sending me a message.

Last edited:

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This video is absolutely hilarious! The filmmakers obviously thought they were doing a charitable deed of hyper-religiosity, but it falls flat as the video comes across as rather silly. The ludicrous misinterpretation of

It employs warmed over tropes pried from B-grade horror flicks, "puck puck" sounds that emanate from Halloween-costume store demons plunging pitchforks into people's genitalia, and balloons and flying unicorns in the minuscule segment about Heaven at the end. This is not to mention the Jesus leading the character around in Hell who appears to revel in the horror film torture and despair.

No, this movie might be used to scare Evangelical Protestant teenagers in youth groups, when their rockstar youth pastor tries to be serious after playing the joker, into putting their purity rings back on, but to any serious Christian who has investigated these matters in the history of the church, and whose interpretations are grounded in biblical exegesis, it will appear as nothing more than a bad joke.

If anything, it only fuels the fire in certain segments of Evangelical Protestantism of the hyper-pietism, anxiety, and obsession over sin and Hell that robs Christians of their sense of victory and triumph in a Christ who has thoroughly defeated sin and death, who is sovereign over his Creation, and reigns forever at the right hand of the Father.

Upvote 0

Whyte

Feb 28, 2013
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This video is absolutely hilarious! The filmmakers obviously thought they were doing a charitable deed of hyper-religiosity, but it falls flat as the video comes across as rather silly. The ludicrous misinterpretation of
What do you mean by charitable?
It employs warmed over tropes pried from B-grade horror flicks, "puck puck" sounds that emanate from Halloween-costume store demons plunging pitchforks into people's genitalia, and balloons and flying unicorns in the minuscule segment about Heaven at the end. This is not to mention the Jesus leading the character around in Hell who appears to revel in the horror film torture and despair.
Where's your proof?
No, this movie might be used to scare Evangelical Protestant teenagers in youth groups, when their rockstar youth pastor tries to be serious after playing the joker, into putting their purity rings back on, but to any serious Christian who has investigated these matters in the history of the church, and whose interpretations are grounded in biblical exegesis, it will appear as nothing more than a bad joke.
Why would it be in the church if even the Bible doesn't say what hell is like?
If anything, it only fuels the fire in certain segments of Evangelical Protestantism of the hyper-pietism, anxiety, and obsession over sin and Hell that robs Christians of their sense of victory and triumph in a Christ who has thoroughly defeated sin and death, who is sovereign over his Creation, and reigns forever at the right hand of the Father.
Romans 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by charitable?

"Charitable" in a rather sadistic, inverted fashion. :D

Whyte said:
Where's your proof?

Um, in the movie, since all I said is contained therein. Have you watched your own movie?

Whyte said:
Why would it be in the church if even the Bible doesn't say what hell is like?

This is a nonsensical question. What are you talking about?

Tzaousios said:
Whyte said:
Romans 3:31, Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

What I said does not preclude "the law." Are you posting prooftexts at random?

Upvote 0

Whyte

Feb 28, 2013
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Charitable" in a rather sadistic, inverted fashion. :D
What does it have to do with charity, if it is sadistic and in an inverted fashion? Isn't that the opposite of charitable?
Um, in the movie, since all I said is contained therein. Have you watched your own movie?
What B-grade horror movies have those things that were in the video?
This is a nonsensical question. What are you talking about?
What does the church know about hell, when even the Bible doesn't say anything about it? Weren't the people in the medieval times too busy trying to stay alive and the people of the church were living a good life and they didn't care about what would happen to them after they died?
What I said does not preclude "the law." Are you posting prooftexts at random?
Proverbs 14:16 The wise fear the LORD and shun evil, but a fool is hotheaded and yet feels secure.

Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find it a very ineffective way to preach the gospel. In today's increasingly anti-christian society, simply telling people "do this" or "don't do that" will no longer work. We have have to give reasons why people end up in Hell, and reasons why Jesus is the only way.

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does it have to do with charity, if it is sadistic and in an inverted fashion? Isn't that the opposite of charitable?

That is what I meant by "inverted." The video revels in its sadism and gloating over torturous punishment, thus leading me to think that the filmmakers believe it is a charitable thing to be done to "sinners."

Whyte said:
What B-grade horror movies have those things that were in the video?

The remakes of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series, Saw, etc. It also rips off movies that are not B-grade, such as Event Horizon and Jacob's Ladder. You are not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes by claiming some personal experience or revelation of Hell.

Whyte said:
What does the church know about hell, when even the Bible doesn't say anything about it? Weren't the people in the medieval times too busy trying to stay alive and the people of the church were living a good life and they didn't care about what would happen to them after they died?

There have been plenty of interpretations throughout church history about the punishments for unrepentant sin and what Hell is. Even Dante's Inferno, which the movie shamelessly rips off, is not about hyper-pietistic scare tactics concerning the punishments of Hell. By your statements concerning the Middle Ages, it is quite apparent that you have not investigated the history of the period in any serious fashion.

Upvote 0

Whyte

Feb 28, 2013
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is what I meant by "inverted." The video revels in its sadism and gloating over torturous punishment, thus leading me to think that the filmmakers believe it is a charitable thing to be done to "sinners."
It is a warning to sinners, so that they would come to God and the lord, Jesus Christ.
The remakes of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series, Saw, etc. It also rips off movies that are not B-grade, such as Event Horizon and Jacob's Ladder. You are not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes by claiming some personal experience or revelation of Hell.
Do you have proof that they show the torturing without hiding it, showing it actually happening as if it was real and not from a different angle away from the bloodshed?
There have been plenty of interpretations throughout church history about the punishments for unrepentant sin and what Hell is. Even Dante's Inferno, which the movie shamelessly rips off, is not about hyper-pietistic scare tactics concerning the punishments of Hell. By your statements concerning the Middle Ages, it is quite apparent that you have not investigated the history of the period in any serious fashion.
What are they? The video didn't have any punishments that were used in the Middle Ages such as the Spanish boot or stretching someone. Do the interpretations have someone throwing up worms, being stuck in a wall and getting his genitals bitten, getting one's genitals cut or pierced and then having the spears be turned left and right inside the genitals, bugs eating away a kid's body, being stuck in a cocoon with needles or spikes stabbing you where you don't even have enough room, having one swallow a bunch of rocks or being fried on a frying pan or seeing into Heaven in hell while you are tortured?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a warning to sinners, so that they would come to God and the lord, Jesus Christ.

But it is ineffective at doing that since it is hokey looking, plagiarizing without masking its sources, and rather funny in its attempts to be serious.

Whyte said:
Do you have proof that they show the torturing without hiding it, showing it actually happening as if it was real and not from a different angle away from the bloodshed?

LOL...yes, but I do not think you are interested in "proof" by the way you have been avoiding the specifics of my posts. The "torture" and "violence" that is depicted in your movie is hokey looking, first of all, and secondly, it is so hilariously gratuitous in nature that it would only be written off as yet another ridiculous "splatter film." Thus, as I said, it is entirely ineffective.

The only venue in which this could be conceivably effective is what I described above, a hyper-pietistic Evangelical Protestant church where the youth pastor is trying to scare the already brow-beaten youth into "coming forward" or refraining from sexual activity. Even then, though, its effectiveness is questionable.

Whyte said:
What are they? The video didn't have any punishments that were used in the Middle Ages such as the Spanish boot or stretching someone. Do the interpretations have someone throwing up worms, being stuck in a wall and getting his genitals bitten, getting one's genitals cut or pierced and then having the spears be turned left and right inside the genitals, bugs eating away a kid's body, being stuck in a cocoon with needles or spikes stabbing you where you don't even have enough room, having one swallow a bunch of rocks or being fried on a frying pan or seeing into Heaven in hell while you are tortured?

Seriously, look at your own list of these things, how can one not look at it and smirk if not burst out laughing? :D As I said, it is entirely ineffective, both as a scare-tactic for anxiety-obsessed evangelicals, and to "convince" someone that you have received a personal revelation or something that God has not communicated to the historical Church for their edification.

Upvote 0

Whyte

Feb 28, 2013
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But it is ineffective at doing that since it is hokey looking, plagiarizing without masking its sources, and rather funny in its attempts to be serious.
Where is your proof?
LOL...yes, but I do not think you are interested in "proof" by the way you have been avoiding the specifics of my posts. The "torture" and "violence" that is depicted in your movie is hokey looking, first of all, and secondly, it is so hilariously gratuitous in nature that it would only be written off as yet another ridiculous "splatter film." Thus, as I said, it is entirely ineffective.
The only venue in which this could be conceivably effective is what I described above, a hyper-pietistic Evangelical Protestant church where the youth pastor is trying to scare the already brow-beaten youth into "coming forward" or refraining from sexual activity. Even then, though, its effectiveness is questionable.
What do you mean by "yes"? What are you saying it to? What is it that you agree with? What are you on terms with? What is correct and right to you in that sentence and line?
Seriously, look at your own list of these things, how can one not look at it and smirk if not burst out laughing? :D As I said, it is entirely ineffective, both as a scare-tactic for anxiety-obsessed evangelicals, and to "convince" someone that you have received a personal revelation or something that God has not communicated to the historical Church for their edification.
If it was meant for sinners then why will it have a follow up showing Heaven? What good will that do to the sinners? Won't it do the opposite, not any kind of justice or deed?

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where is your proof?

Your tactic of repeatedly asking a flurry of questions to keep from addressing the specifics of my replies to you is noted. It doesn't work. Where is your "proof" that your movie is or has been effective?

Whyte said:
What do you mean by "yes"? What are you saying it to? What is it that you agree with? What are you on terms with? What is correct and right to you in that sentence and line?

Address the specifics of my replies.

Whyte said:
If it was meant for sinners then why will it have a follow up showing Heaven? What good will that do to the sinners? Won't it do the opposite, not any kind of justice or deed?

I don't know, it is your task to answer that. If I had to guess, most atheists and non-Christians will laugh at it as being rather silly and hokey as well.

Upvote 0

Whyte

Feb 28, 2013
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your tactic of repeatedly asking a flurry of questions to keep from addressing the specifics of my replies to you is noted. It doesn't work. Where is your "proof" that your movie is or has been effective?

Address the specifics of my replies.

I don't know, it is your task to answer that. If I had to guess, most atheists and non-Christians will laugh at it as being rather silly and hokey as well.
It's a whole 44 minutes long and it's all about and it only consists of the mediums and ways of torment and suffer and most of them are something you would never think of or see in the real world on Earth. Satan and the demons also looked pretty menacing. It showed a segment where a girl was praying on her knees and was taken to hell by the lord Jesus himself after it. It has a follow up showing Heaven too. How can it be a deed to sinners then?

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a whole 44 minutes long and it's all about and it only consists of the mediums and ways of torment and suffer and most of them are something you would never think of or see in the real world on Earth. Satan and the demons also looked pretty menacing. It showed a segment where a girl was praying on her knees and was taken to hell by the lord Jesus himself after it.

You are repeating yourself. Please address the specifics of my replies.

Whyte said:
It has a follow up showing Heaven too. How can it be a deed to sinners then?

Yes, I saw the part at the end on Heaven. It was just as embarrassing as the rest of it, with balloons floating around Jesus and winged unicorns flying about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I don't think becoming a Christian to simply avoid hell is a very good reason and I think trying to appeal to this kind of thinking is not very effective in spreading the Gospel. I think we should be inviting people to join the Kingdom of God and grow their relationship with Him. I'm not suggesting hell should not be taught, but it definitely should not be the focus in Evangelization.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I don't think becoming a Christian to simply avoid hell is a very good reason and I think trying to appeal to this kind of thinking is not very effective in spreading the Gospel. I think we should be inviting people to join the Kingdom of God and grow their relationship with him. I'm not suggesting hell should not be taught, but it definitely should not be the focus in Evangelization.

I agree, the bible teaches that one who fears is not made perfect in God . and that one in whom love (God) is made complete has confidence on the day of Judgment. so far as hell is concerned .. confidence on the day of judgment would seem to be the "good news" so therefore .. why not focus on .. what gets them there?

Upvote 0

Whyte

Feb 28, 2013
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are repeating yourself. Please address the specifics of my replies.
Tzaousios said:
Because it uses silly stereotypes cobbled from B-grade horror flicks and a misunderstanding of the point of Dante's Inferno to inflict anxiety and obsession on hyper-moralizing and -spiritualizing Evangelical Protestants.
Wasn't Dante's Inferno not real? Wasn't it made up? Wasn't it mere and sheer thoughts put into paper with ink and a feather? Wasn't it a fraction of imagination? The punishments and penalties seemed to go well with the crimes the sinners had done and they seemed to pay dearly for their atrocities. And where is your proof that it rips off B-grade horror movies?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wasn't Dante's Inferno not real? Wasn't it made up?

Yes, which is why your video looks even sillier, because it tries to depict the same kind of punishments, yet entirely misses the point of Dante in writing it. Did you just go look up Dante's Inferno on Wikipedia or something?

Whyte said:
The punishments and penalties seemed to go well with the crimes the sinners had done.

Or are they a better commentary on the mind of the filmmakers who would try to come up with such things that they want to see done to sinners? Remember, I mentioned the anxiety and obsession of certain Evangelical Protestants over sin and Hell.

Whyte said:
And where is your proof that it rips off B-grade horror movies?

Here is "proof" right here that you have not been reading my replies to you. Go back and look at my post #8.

Upvote 0

SeagateExt4

Sep 7, 2013
✟117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The rich man in Hades cried and said, "I am tormented in this flame" (Luke 16:24). Those in hell are tortured by God (Matthew 18:34-35) in an everlasting fire (Matthew 18:8; 25:41). They are being burned continually with a fire that will never be quenched (Mark 9:43-48). Those in hell melt away (Psalm 112:10) at the presence of God (Psalm 68:2), because God is in hell (Psalm 139:8) consuming them with His fire (Hebrews 12:29; Psalm 50:3; 97:3).

Upvote 0