Futurist Only Is Trumpet 6 the same as Bowl 6?

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟272,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you very much for your thoughtful response! I agree with the view that 7 represents completeness. I also like your view of the 7 bowls occurring simultaneously. Based on your response, I have a few clarification questions.
1) Do the 7 Seals occur concurrently?
2) Do the 7 Trumpets occur concurrently?
3) Do the trumpets occur concurrently with the Seals or Bowls?
4) Are the 7 Bowls included in the 7th Trumpet?
5) Where do you place the Abomination of Desolation?
6) Do you believe the individuals of Revelation 11:13 have the ability to be saved, and does this occur before or after the rapture?
7) What do you think the Sealing of the 144,000 means?

Sorry for just dumping all of my eschatology problems on you, but I am interested in how your view accounts for these questions.

1) the Seals are just the Christian version of the blessings & curses for obedience/ disobedience from Deut.
2) the 5th Trumpet & the 2nd woe have time elements associated with them (5 months & 1260 days + 3.5 days respectively). Why would they be concurrent if there are different time elements?
4) yes
5) the locusts of the 5th Trumpet are the locusts from Joel. These 'locusts' (an army, the 'people of the prince to come') are what causes the daily sacrifices to be cut off.
Joel 1
4 What the cutting locust left,
the swarming locust has eaten.
What the swarming locust left,
the hopping locust has eaten,
and what the hopping locust left,
the destroying locust has eaten.

6 For a nation has come up against my land,
powerful and beyond number;
its teeth are lions’ teeth,
and it has the fangs of a lioness.

9 The grain offering and the drink offering are cut off
from the house of the Lord.

The priests mourn,
the ministers of the Lord.​
Dan 12
11 And from the time the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation set up, there will be 1,290 days.
5 months (from 24 Tammuz to 24 Kislev) is 147 days. Dan 8:13-14's 2300 'evenings & mornings' = 1150 days.

1290 days = 147 days (the 5th Trumpet's 5 months) + 1143 days = 1290 days. Plus 7 days to 'cleanse the altar' (Ezekiel 43:26) = 1150 days.

6) There is no 'whisked away' rapture. People are gathered after they are dispersed (Matthew 24:16-18 when the abomination shows up, then people flee, they aren't whisked away.)

7) the sealing of the 144,00 is the equivalent of the Ezekiel 9 citizens of Jerusalem being marked by God to not get wrath upon them. People who 'sighed over the abominations' (didn't participate in the abomination worship) were spared God's wrath. The abominations are described in Ezekiel 8:
  • an idol of jealousy (Ezekiel 8:3) (maybe associated with a UFO - on 'Independence Day' geddit?)
  • 70 elders saying, ‘The LORD does not see us; the LORD has forsaken the land.’ ” (Ezekiel 8:12) (this is just my opinion, but this seems to be where people think that the 'whisked away' rapture has occurred, so they say that the Lord has forsaken the land) (maybe the UFO's 'rapture' people).
  • women weeping for Tammuz (Ezekiel 8:14). What I think is interesting here is the 'Tammuz' reference (occuring on 24 Tammuz) and also the fact that Tammuz was the Sumerian god of fertility. Given that there are reports that the COVID vaccine might be rendering women infertile, it seems an interesting coincidence - might be part of Matt 24:19's And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days!
  • bowing to the east in worship of the sun (Ezekiel 8:16)
  • filling the land with violence (Ezekiel 8:17)

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What I am saying is that for our understanding purposes Matthew 24:29-30 has to be broken down into two parts - because there has to be a "reason" why the kings of the earth gather their armies together to make war on Jesus, in Revelation 16 and 19.
This is a totally wrong conclusion. And this wrong conclusion will lead to other wrong conclusions. The coming of Jesus in Matt 24 can be found at the 6th seal in Rev 6. It has nothing WHATSOEVER to do with the coming of Jesus in Rev 16 and 19. Jesus is coming for the gathering from heaven and earth in Matt 24, which is the coming at the 6th seal, which is the coming of Jesus in Rev 14.
In Revelation 16, the kings of the earth commit to assembling their armies at Armageddon - because they are terrorized by the prospect of Jesus executing judgment on them - because they will plainly see Him in the third heaven before the throne of God when the sixth seal takes place.
No Doug, they see the gathering from heaven and earth when Jesus sends His angels to gather the elect. This coming we can also see in Rev 14. This is what is seen at the 6th seal.
Rev 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

But here is the reason that the "great tribulation" is not over by the sixth seal event - the move to gather their armies is before the 7th vial - of God's wrath.
This is something you have concluded and it does not agree with the Word. The Word says that IMMEDIATELY AFTER the tribulation of the those days Jesus comes. There is no delay for armies to gather that's just something that you have incorrectly concluded. Secondly it does not appear that you understand that the tribulation is over before the wrath of God begins.
The great tribulation is "almost" over at the sixth seal, - but there is that 7th vial of God's wrath yet to be poured out after the sixth seal event. Which in Revelation 16:17-21 is the great hail, smashing the cities around the world, and the unprecedented earthquake that divides the earth's crust into three parts.
Well, the Word of God says that the tribulation of those days is over. Then Jesus returns for the gathering. He sends His angels as He remains in the clouds. THEN the wrath of God begins at the 1st trumpet after the 7th seal is opened.
Which we have in Matthew 24:29 "after the tribulation of those days".... the word "great" not included - because the 7th vial of the great tribulation is between the 6th seal event and the day Jesus descends down to earth in v30.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:

[the above is the sixth seal event - which in Revelation 16 causes the kings of the earth to assemble their armies to make war on Jesus.
No Douggg. The coming of Jesus in Matt 24, is the coming of Jesus at the 6th seal in Rev 6. What happens after this? We see the great multitude and those that came out of GREAT TRIBULATION.

Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

We can also see the great tribulation in Rev 14 and then we see Jesus coming at the end of Rev 14, which is the coming of Jesus at the 6th seal, which is the coming of Jesus in Matt 24 immediately after the tribulation of those days.
Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
(This is the great tribulation)(We are back at the 5th seal BEFORE THE WRATH OF GOD BEGINS)
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
That process takes time, which appears to be the 45 days differential to also allow for the 7th vial of the great tribulation to take place - probably in the days right before Jesus descends, or globally part of His return on that very day, because in v17, "it is done" .]
The Word says that the tribulation of those days (WHICH IS THE GREAT TRIBULATION) is over at the 6th seal. Immediately after the tribulation is over, the wrath of God begins. Then we know that there at at least 5 months of torment from the creatures from the bottomless pit. So 45 days has nothing to do with the coming of Jesus at the sixth seal, which is Matt 24, which is the end of Rev 14.

No, Jesus remains in the clouds.
Rev 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Let me repeat. Jesus is not coming to set up His kingdom at His coming in Matt 24. It is not Armageddon. Jesus is coming for the gathering and will remain in the clouds and send His angels to gather the ELECT from heaven and earth. SEE, THE 6TH SEAL, SEE THE COMING OF JESUS AT THE END OF REV. 14.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, Jesus remains in the clouds.
It does not say that in the text. In Zechariah 14, the Lords stands on the Mt. of Olives splitting it in half.
No Doug, they see the gathering from heaven and earth when Jesus sends His angels to gather the elect. This coming we can also see in Rev 14. This is what is seen at the 6th seal.
So you are looking for Jesus to come for you with a sickle in his hand?

The ones in the 5th seal are seeking Jesus to take retribution for them having been martyred.

The great tribulation is not over until the thing that started it is removed from the temple mount.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It does not say that in the text. In Zechariah 14, the Lords stands on the Mt. of Olives splitting it in half.

We are not talking about Zec 14. We are talking about Matt 24, the great tribulation and the coming of Jesus.

In Matt 24 we see that........Immediately after the tribulation of those days, which are the days of the Great Tribulation, the sun darkens, the moon does not give light, the stars fall from heaven and the powers of heaven are shaken. We can find this event in Rev 6 at the 6th seal.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Then Jesus returns. He does not come with His armies. He does not set his foot on the mount of olives at this time. He comes in the clouds and sends His angels to gather the elect.

Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
So you are looking for Jesus to come for you with a sickle in his hand?
I am looking for a harvest, just like the Word says. You are looking for Armageddon, which does not happen until later. The coming of Jesus in Matt 24 is the gathering. It is a harvest. The tribulation is OVER before this harvest..........YES THE GREAT TRIBULATION. Then the wrath of God begins.
The ones in the 5th seal are seeking Jesus to take retribution for them having been martyred.

The great tribulation is not over until the thing that started it is removed from the temple mount.
Yes, the ones in the 5th seal are seeking Jesus to take retribution, but are told they need to wait a longer as there are more to be killed as they were. Then the tribulation is over. Then Jesus comes and there is a harvest. Then there is a great multitude in heaven and the wrath of God begins. At the end of this wrath, Jesus returns with his armies. Then you get to have Zechariah 14.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We are not talking about Zec 14. We are talking about Matt 24, the great tribulation and the coming of Jesus.

In Matt 24 we see that........Immediately after the tribulation of those days, which are the days of the Great Tribulation, the sun darkens, the moon does not give light, the stars fall from heaven and the powers of heaven are shaken. We can find this event in Rev 6 at the 6th seal.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Then Jesus returns. He does not come with His armies. He does not set his foot on the mount of olives at this time. He comes in the clouds and sends His angels to gather the elect.

I am looking for a harvest, just like the Word says. You are looking for Armageddon, which does not happen until later. The coming of Jesus in Matt 24 is the gathering. It is a harvest. The tribulation is OVER before this harvest..........YES THE GREAT TRIBULATION. Then the wrath of God begins.

Yes, the ones in the 5th seal are seeking Jesus to take retribution, but are told they need to wait a longer as there are more to be killed as they were. Then the tribulation is over. Then Jesus comes and there is a harvest. Then there is a great multitude in heaven and the wrath of God begins. At the end of this wrath, Jesus returns with his armies. Then you get to have Zechariah 14.
The great tribulation of Revelation 7 is the 1991 years of the church age. The tribulation "of those days" are the 4 Seals. The Great Tribulation is the Trumpets and Thunders. Jesus does not stay in the clouds. Matthew 25 goes into more detail. Christ sets up a throne. Not the kingdom yet, but a throne to judge from. This is the throne Satan rules from if allowed 42 months to rule.

No one person or group splits the week in half. Christ confirms the Atonement Covenant and many are found short of the grace of God. Too many souls left in the vineyard. Satan will get them to sift as flour. Many will choose to receive the mark from God, and be removed from the Lamb's book of life by God. Many will be beheaded to remain in the Lamb's book of life. The winepress of Revelation 14, then becomes the battle field of Megiddo in Revelation 19. The confirmation splits the week of the sounding of the 7th Trumpet. Too much of Adam's flesh left alive for the winepress. It will take 42 months to sift out those who will be beheaded. The name of the man is Adam. The name of the image is Adam. Adam is the beast. Satan's Adam that Satan created. It is not human, but a beast.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It does not say that Jesus remains in the clouds in Matthew 24, so to confirm or reject your claim, it is necessary to look at other passages in the bible that conclude the great tribulation is over.

Zechariah 14 and the cleansing of the temple in Daniel 8:14 of those things that will have made it desolate (from praise and worship of the One True God).

14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Which the great tribulation begins with the abomination of desolation standing on the temple mount. So the aod has to be removed before the great tribulation is over. Which is the day that Jesus stands on the Mt. of Olives splitting it in half.

upload_2021-5-30_1-25-58.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am looking for a harvest, just like the Word says. You are looking for Armageddon, which does not happen until later.
I am anytime rapture view. Anytime before the beginning of the Day of the Lord, which begins when the Antichrist goes into the temple, sits, claims to be God.

Unlike you I don't believe that Jesus will receive the resurrected/raptured in Christ, holding a sickle in his hand.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The GT is not the tribulation of those days.
This is a perfect example of why end times is so hard to understand. You have concluded that it can't possibly be the great tribulation spoken of in Matt 24, because there are other verses that you don't understand that leads you to make this incorrect conclusion. You will never understand the Word of God until you learn to just accept what it says. If there is a reason that you find it necessary to conclude that this can't possibly be the great tribulation BECAUSE.................. The problem is found in the BECAUSE. It is not that Matt 24 is not the great tribulation of those days as you conclude, as the Word clearly says that the events of Matt 24 is the great tribulation. So where ever you find it necessary to make this incorrect conclusion, THAT is where your problem is.

Matt 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
The tribulation of those days are the first 4 seals. Notice 2 billion people die.
John tells us about end times in the book of Revelation. He tells us what will happen in the 1st 4 seals. Jesus also tells us about end times. We can find the seals in the book of Matthew. Here are the 1st 4 seals as Jesus presents them in the book of Matthew.

Matt 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Of course John and Jesus also tells us about the 5th and 6th seals. Here is John telling us about the 6th seal.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Here is Jesus telling us about the 6th seal.

Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

From this, you should be able to conclude that the tribulation is over at the 6th seal. THEN the wrath of God begins. Anything in your timeline that does not agree with this is incorrect.
The last 2 billion have the mark of the beast and are killed at Armageddon or the winepress in Revelation 14.

Ok, I agree that the winepress of Rev 14 is Armageddon. In Rev 16 we can also find Armageddon.

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Want to see Armageddon again? You will find it in the unwritten 7 thunders. How do we know that?

Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The Seals were placed first and deal with the church.
This is totally incorrect. The Church is already in heaven before any seals are opened.

Rev 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The seals are opened and the 70th week of Daniel begins. The Church is already in heaven before the tribulation which is the 70th week as the 70th week is about the people of Daniel (the Jews)and has noting whatsoever to do with the Church.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
That the church is raptured and the Second Coming is last makes no sense. The last of Adam to die is at Armageddon or the winepress. Why would God want us to flip the chronology?

If that were the case, the vials would come first and remove all those who potentially would have recieved the mark, boom 7 billion people cast into the lake of fire. They instantly disappeared into the lake of fire. Then those who persevered to the end are glorifed.

All you have to do is just read what it says to understand end times.

A)
We see that the Church is already in heaven in Rev 4 and 5 before the seals are opened.

B) We see that the 70th week of Daniel is about the people of Daniel.

C) We see a coming of Jesus at the 6th seal for the gathering. We can see this coming in Matt 24 and Rev 14. He is not coming to set up His kingdom on earth, He is coming for a harvest. He will send his angels to gather the ELECT from heaven and earth.
Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

D)
It is the Church that is gathered from heaven as we see them already in heaven before the seals are opened. Where the body is (Jesus), the eagles will be gathered. Who is gathered from the earth. The twelve tribes across the earth. How do we know this? There are 144,000 first fruits. First fruits are a guarantee of a harvest.
Rev 14: And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Conclusion: There are two raptures. One for the Church, pretrib, and one for the 12 tribes across the earth, prewrath. The fig tree has two harvests. Look it up.

E)
Those that flee in the nation of Israel will remain on earth in a place of protection through Gods wrath. None of Gods people are appointed to wrath.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am anytime rapture view. Anytime before the beginning of the Day of the Lord, which begins when the Antichrist goes into the temple, sits, claims to be God.

Unlike you I don't believe that Jesus will receive the resurrected/raptured in Christ, holding a sickle in his hand.
The Second Coming is not Revelation 14 or 19. It is in Revelation 6. The Cross happened at the end of Jesus' earthly ministry, not when He was baptized. Yes the Cross defines the first coming, but it was not the point of time for the first coming. The same happens at the Second Coming. Jesus comes as a Lamb for the final harvest. Then ends as the victorious Lion defeating all of Adam's flesh by the sword or sickle. Sickle if the week is not split. Sword if Satan gets a 42 month extension, splitting the week, per Daniel 9:27.

Satan cannot sit on a throne in Jerusalem, until Jesus comes and sets one up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
The wrath of the Lamb in Revelation 6:16 is referring to the retribution that Jesus will execute on behalf of them martyred in the fifth seal.

The wrath of God, differently, will be in the vials of God's wrath that will be spread out across the second half of the 7 years. The last of those vials of God's wrath is the 7th vial in Revelation 16 after the kings of the earth assemble their armies at Armageddon at the time of the 6th vial poured out.

Revelation 16:16 - the armies gather at Armageddon, at the time of the sixth vial of God's wrath.

Revelation 16:17-21 - the last vial of God's wrath poured out, the seventh vial. The global earthquake and the great hail.

17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is a perfect example of why end times is so hard to understand. You have concluded that it can't possibly be the great tribulation spoken of in Matt 24, because there are other verses that you don't understand that leads you to make this incorrect conclusion. You will never understand the Word of God until you learn to just accept what it says. If there is a reason that you find it necessary to conclude that this can't possibly be the great tribulation BECAUSE.................. The problem is found in the BECAUSE. It is not that Matt 24 is not the great tribulation of those days as you conclude, as the Word clearly says that the events of Matt 24 is the great tribulation. So where ever you find it necessary to make this incorrect conclusion, THAT is where your problem is.

Matt 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

John tells us about end times in the book of Revelation. He tells us what will happen in the 1st 4 seals. Jesus also tells us about end times. We can find the seals in the book of Matthew. Here are the 1st 4 seals as Jesus presents them in the book of Matthew.

Matt 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Of course John and Jesus also tells us about the 5th and 6th seals. Here is John telling us about the 6th seal.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

Here is Jesus telling us about the 6th seal.

Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

From this, you should be able to conclude that the tribulation is over at the 6th seal. THEN the wrath of God begins. Anything in your timeline that does not agree with this is incorrect.

Ok, I agree that the winepress of Rev 14 is Armageddon. In Rev 16 we can also find Armageddon.

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Want to see Armageddon again? You will find it in the unwritten 7 thunders. How do we know that?

Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

This is totally incorrect. The Church is already in heaven before any seals are opened.

Rev 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The seals are opened and the 70th week of Daniel begins. The Church is already in heaven before the tribulation which is the 70th week as the 70th week is about the people of Daniel (the Jews)and has noting whatsoever to do with the Church.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

All you have to do is just read what it says to understand end times.

A)
We see that the Church is already in heaven in Rev 4 and 5 before the seals are opened.

B) We see that the 70th week of Daniel is about the people of Daniel.

C) We see a coming of Jesus at the 6th seal for the gathering. We can see this coming in Matt 24 and Rev 14. He is not coming to set up His kingdom on earth, He is coming for a harvest. He will send his angels to gather the ELECT from heaven and earth.
Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

D)
It is the Church that is gathered from heaven as we see them already in heaven before the seals are opened. Where the body is (Jesus), the eagles will be gathered. Who is gathered from the earth. The twelve tribes across the earth. How do we know this? There are 144,000 first fruits. First fruits are a guarantee of a harvest.
Rev 14: And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Conclusion: There are two raptures. One for the Church, pretrib, and one for the 12 tribes across the earth, prewrath. The fig tree has two harvests. Look it up.

E)
Those that flee in the nation of Israel will remain on earth in a place of protection through Gods wrath. None of Gods people are appointed to wrath.
Your conclusion then is that the first 4 Seals are not a time of tribulation.

Since I am just going by what is written, there is no interpretation.

When you try to change the verses around and create your own puzzle where you want things to fit, I am blamed for not understanding your puzzle.

Revelation 7:1: After this: After the first 6 Seals. The 144k are not sealed until after the 6th Seal.

Now you can say it just means a different vision. That is fine. Put the visions into your own arrangement, but call it your own interpretation. Because God gave the information in the order of God's arrangement. It needs no rearranging for God.

I accept God knows that each time John claims "after this" the event happens after and not at the same time. According to Revelation 7:1 nothing after happens before nor during the first 6 Seals. Christ is on earth after the tribulation of the first 4 Seals, and during the worse tribulation of the Trumpets and Thunders. Christ claims to come and set up His Throne at the 6th Seal. Satan does not take that throne, until after the 7th Trumpet has been sounding for 3.5 days, if at all.

Nothing happens in Revelation 13, unless Satan is allowed to take the throne. The only reason Satan would be allowed is if too many humans are still on earth, after the final harvest.

This is not a complicated scenario as some want to make it all out to be. Those who want to literally detail every second, or figuratively explain every second.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The church is in Paradise this very moment. All are there except those on earth.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if you believe they are not the same, how do you explain the similarities?

The first thing I would think is this. The bowls would obviously be in chronological order, regardless. Bowl 1 happens first, followed by bowl 2, so on and so on. So let's look at bowl 1.

Revelation 16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

Before this bowl can even be be poured out, all of the following have to already be true first. There have to already be men which have the mark of the beast, and men which are already worshiping his image. When comparing to the 6th trumpet though, the following is one event that occurs during it.

Revelation 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

I would think these seen celebrating in verse 10 are perfect candidates for someone receiving the mark of the beast and worshiping his image. Except no one in their right mind could possibly be celebrating at the time, in any sense, if the following was already happening to them instead---there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon them. Apparently then, the first bowl is at least meaning post Revelation 11:9-10.

The only logical place I can see the first bowl fitting is during the 7th trumpet. And since the first bowl has to precede the 6th bowl, and if the first bowl is meaning after the 6th trumpet, then so must the 6th bowl mean after the 6th trumpet.

Whether this is correct or not, that's debatable. But that would be the logic as how I see it, since I don't see bowl 1 being already in progress during trumpet 6 making sense in light of Revelation 11:10, for one. And this is not even taking into account the next 5 bowls that follow the first bowl. No one in their right mind could be finding time to celebrate, in any sense, if they have already been through 5 or 6 bowls of wrath at this point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Second Coming is in Revelation 19:11-21.
That is not the claim made by Jesus in the OD. Jesus also said, no one knows the day or the hour, to prevent the mistake of claiming the battle of Armageddon. It can be pinpointed by prophecy to the day and hour. No one can pinpoint the return to the mount of Olives.

The current conflict could blow over, and not flare up again for months.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your conclusion then is that the first 4 Seals are not a time of tribulation.
No, the seals are the tribulation period up to the coming of Jesus at the 6th seal. We can tell that by the coming of Jesus in Matt 24 IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBUALTION.
Since I am just going by what is written, there is no interpretation.

When you try to change the verses around and create your own puzzle where you want things to fit, I am blamed for not understanding your puzzle.

Revelation 7:1: After this: After the first 6 Seals. The 144k are not sealed until after the 6th Seal.

Now you can say it just means a different vision. That is fine. Put the visions into your own arrangement, but call it your own interpretation. Because God gave the information in the order of God's arrangement. It needs no rearranging for God.

There is no rearranging anything. There is merely understanding what is written. You say that the 144,000 are not sealed until after the 6th seal. Most people would agree..........and they would be incorrect. We can prove that the 144,000 are sealed before the 6th seal if we understand Matthew 24 and Rev 6 and Rev 14.

A)In Matthew 24 we see the great tribulation followed by the coming of Jesus for the gathering from heaven and earth. That is a rapture event which is a harvest.

B) If we look at what happens at the sixth seal, we see the sun darkened, the moon not giving light and the stars falling from heaven. Then we see that Jesus comes which is the same coming as Matthew 24.

C) When we look at Rev 7, we see a new vision. The 144,000 are sealed and then we see a great multitude.
Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

We know there are people in white robes that came out of great tribulation.
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

So to this point we know that the great tribulation is over and we know that the harvest has occurred. Now we read Rev 14 and first we see that the 144,000 are redeemed from the earth. They are the first fruits of a harvest.

Reading further in Rev 14 we see we are back in the tribulation. So in Rev 14 we are in the seals, before the tribulation has finished. From this we can conclude that the 144,000 that are sealed in Rev 7 are actually sealed during the tribulation, before the coming of Jesus.

Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Then Jesus comes for the harvest.
Rev 14:4 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

This harvest is the great multitude that you see in Rev 7. Then the wrath of God begins.
Rev 14:19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

This is the same wrath of God that begins at the 6th seal.

Rev 6

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

To conclude. I have rearranged nothing. It is merely understanding where the events fall as written in the word of God.

I accept God knows that each time John claims "after this" the event happens after and not at the same time. According to Revelation 7:1 nothing after happens before nor during the first 6 Seals.
Since it is a new vision, wouldn't it be logical that the 144,000 could be sealed before the coming of Jesus. By looking at Rev 14 we can see that the 144,000 are REDEEMED from the earth before the coming of Jesus in Rev 14. This also means that the 144,000 are redeemed from the earth BEFORE the great multitude is in heaven. Everyone thinks that the 144,000 are sealed so they can go through the wrath of God and not be stung by the locusts at the 5th trumpet. Truth is, they are already in heaven before the coming of Jesus at the 6th seal.
Christ is on earth after the tribulation of the first 4 Seals, and during the worse tribulation of the Trumpets and Thunders.
No. Christ is not on the earth after the tribulation of the 1st 4 seals. He returns IN THE CLOUDS and sends His angels to the gather the elect. They are going to heaven. He will not set his feet on the earth until after Armageddon which is a the end of the wrath of God. Remember, the tribulation is over BEFORE the wrath of God begins.
Christ claims to come and set up His Throne at the 6th Seal. Satan does not take that throne, until after the 7th Trumpet has been sounding for 3.5 days, if at all.
No, Christ is returning for the gathering. Then He is going back to heaven. There is a harvest. It is the harvest of the 12 tribes (the seed of the woman) across the earth. We can see the harvest in Rev 14. WHO IS HARVESTED FROM THE EARTH?
Rev 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Those that are harvested in Rev 14, which occurs at the 6th seal, which is the coming of Jesus in Matt 24, are singing the song of Moses. They are Jews. They are the twelve tribes across the earth. The 144,000, twelve thousand from each tribe are a GUARANTEE of this harvest. Study first fruits.
Nothing happens in Revelation 13, unless Satan is allowed to take the throne. The only reason Satan would be allowed is if too many humans are still on earth, after the final harvest.

This is not a complicated scenario as some want to make it all out to be. Those who want to literally detail every second, or figuratively explain every second.
Revelation 13 occurs back in the seals. You need to understand that the wrath of God begins with the blowing of the 1st trumpet and ends with the blowing of the 7th trumpet. Then the vision goes back to what happens in the seals in Rev 13. Then in Rev 14 we see the 144,000 are redeemed from the earth and then we see the great tribulation and then the coming of Jesus and the harvest.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, the seals are the tribulation period up to the coming of Jesus at the 6th seal.

The 6th seal describes the second coming from the perspective of the unsaved but the second coming does not occur when that seal is opened. It's only knowledge of a future event. That's what all the seals are. It's only the trumps that will signal actions to occur and the second coming will commence at the last of the 7 trumpets. The vials will also be poured after that trump sounds.

• Agree
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A)In Matthew 24 we see the great tribulation followed by the coming of Jesus for the gathering from heaven and earth. That is a rapture event which is a harvest.
No we don't. Christ will be on earth during the Great Tribulation.

Those in white robes are the church who came out of great tribulation, the last 1991 years. Not the Great Tribulation of the Trumpets and Thunders. There is a difference.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Since it is a new vision, wouldn't it be logical that the 144,000 could be sealed before the coming of Jesus. By looking at Rev 14 we can see that the 144,000 are REDEEMED from the earth before the coming of Jesus in Rev 14. This also means that the 144,000 are redeemed from the earth BEFORE the great multitude is in heaven. Everyone thinks that the 144,000 are sealed so they can go through the wrath of God and not be stung by the locusts at the 5th trumpet. Truth is, they are already in heaven before the coming of Jesus at the 6th seal.
No, they are sealed after the church is gone and glorified. They are not the church. They are the firstfruits of the 1000 year reign of Christ. His eternal disciples of today. As opposed to the 12 disciples the pillars in the New Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ will be on earth during the Great Tribulation.

If that is true why does Jesus disagree with you in Matthew 24?

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Your interpretation would have us believe counterfeit christs are really meaning the real Christ is upon the earth during the GT rather than the fake ones instead. IOW, your interpretation would have us do the opposite of what Jesus said not to do. He said do not believe anyone if they claim, Lo, here is Christ, or there. Jesus said to believe it not. Your interpretation says to believe them when they say, Lo, here is Christ, or there.

Matthew 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Until this happens first, Christ can't be upon the earth in the meantime.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

These verses make it clear, as to the timing of verse 27. It's meaning after the GT, not during it, and is meaning after the sun goes dark, and the stars fall from heaven, etc. According to verse 29, the GT is already over with and in the past when the coming in verse 30 occurs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0