Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'll tell you what, if this guy can figure out how to win a tariff war with the world, manage an unfunded tax cut and fix health care without doing anything I say he is the smartest guy in the world. But that remains to be seen.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
President Trump states that is smart, very smart... the best, winning, et cetera.

He seems to lack self awareness, or any awareness of his own limitations. Not good qualities in a leader. He's very good at looking the part, and convincing others to support him, there doesn't seem to be a lot of substance there. Smart people in any fields do things well and the results speak for themselves, less smart people put more energy into making it look like they're doing something useful, when they aren't really doing anything much.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He seems to lack self awareness, or any awareness of his own limitations. Not good qualities in a leader. He's very good at looking the part, and convincing others to support him, there doesn't seem to be a lot of substance there. Smart people in any fields do things well and the results speak for themselves, less smart people put more energy into making it look like they're doing something useful, when they aren't really doing anything much.
I think he is a spoiled trust fund baby, one of those Ivy League aristocrats that get everything handed to them on a silver platter. He really doesn't seem all that smart to me, his rambling statements to the press make me cringe.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes he is smart. High IQ, chess master even.
He's just not as 'charming' as Manchurian candidate Hussein.

I guess it remains to be seen if any of his risky tactics are just impulsive, attention getting behaviours or if he actually does have a gameplan. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the attention span for chess, I assume you mean his kind of showy (strategic?) political play. I'm not sure what you mean about charm - charisma and the ability to charm people seem to be his main strengths, they certainly seem to work at his rallies.
I find it hard to see him as smart - if he is, how did he manage to get through such an expensive education without learning how to use English properly? Why have so many of his business ventures blown out? Why has he had to resort to underhand tactics so often to get ahead? It doesn't add up to smart - cunning maybe.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
President Trump states that is smart, very smart... the best, winning, et cetera.

He's much smarter than me, but I have Godly wisdom behind me. I pray he gets godly wisdom like Solomon.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,778.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't sure how to answer that poll. He knows a lot of things in which he was trained on through college and business which I didn't receive but he has little knowledge of how to run a country. I'd say he is smarter than me in some areas but dumber in others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Donald Trump should take an IQ test and show the world the results. No doubt he would score within the genius range—or higher. Who agrees with me?

• Agree
Reactions: jmldn2
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
He may act stupid and say stupid things but hes super rich, has many businesses and became president. So he must be doing something right.

I think with a small loan of a million dollars(which has been shown to be much more than that), it's hard not to look 'smart'.

Money makes money.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump should take an IQ test and show the world the results. No doubt he would score within the genius range—or higher. Who agrees with me?
I'd settle for seeing his actual tax returns for the last 20 years instead. :wave:
tulc(has known too many geniuses to be even sort of impressed by a high IQ score) :sorry:

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

I agree he is very smart. He's been running this country with all the road blocks that can be thrown his way. His family has been treated as badly as he has. It is his business intelligence I admire. He is a strong person who is not politically correct (which I love) and he does love this country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree he is very smart. He's been running this country with all the road blocks that can be thrown his way.
what road blocks? His Party has had control of all three branches of the US Government and he STILL can't seem to get what he wants done, done. The only real road block I can see so far? Is the Republicans elected someone who has no ability to do the job they "hired" him to do. Well...unless what they hired him to do was play golf, tweet and start trade wars. Because if that what they wanted: Mission Accomplished. :sorry:

His family has been treated as badly as he has.
No one that hasn't inserted themselves into the situation has (as far as I know) been treated any worse then how they treat other people. :wave:

It is his business intelligence I admire.
That's nice...of course being the President of a diverse, modern, World Power takes quite a different type of intelligence then running a business. :sorry:

He is a strong person who is not politically correct
that's funny...because that whole "politically correct" thing is actually one of the things that's most important to have to be a World leader. Other wise he's just your loudmouthed uncle who makes everyone uncomfortable around him and tends to cause unnecessary conflict in situations that call for peacemaking and easing tensions that could end in a lot of people dying over the wrong word being said to the wrong person. :eek:

(which I love)
that's nice. Loving it in your uncle it's one thing, in a World leader it's quite another thing. :sigh:

and he does love this country.
well...he seems to like some of it, I'd say the top 1% anyway, and any part of the 99% that dotes on his every word, he also seems to like them as well. But he doesn't seem to care much for the majority of the people in this Country. :sorry:
tulc(is going to need more coffee soonish) :coffee:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0