Is Tool a Satanic Band? Are They Religious?

jondavluc

Aug 23, 2007
sorry on the case of murders i would rather not di
✟7,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
well he is certainly not christen lol in fact hates it but satanic probley not but anyway never listen to there meanings of maynard's lyrics he is normal by no means good singer very smart but has taking too much acid in his time i mean look at there video clips this can't possibley be sane rational music

Upvote 0

NightCrawler13

Veteran
May 13, 2006
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,466.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
i've read several interviews with members of Tool and they are interested/involved with occultic practises. Myself, i find their music to be VERY depressing, what little bit that i've heard.

so that means they are questionable?

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2004
Cleveland!
Visit site
✟105,849.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When they played at the Gund Arena in cleveland I worked the show, they had a desecrated star of David and a LOT of bizarre scenery projected on stage. The show was clearlly satanic but as far as their beliefs, I couldn't tell if it was theatre or otherwise. Personally I hold on to 1 Thes 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. My advice is pray about it, if it's time to quit listening to that music, God will convict you.

Upvote 0

NightCrawler13

Veteran
May 13, 2006
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,466.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
When they played at the Gund Arena in cleveland I worked the show, they had a desecrated star of David and a LOT of bizarre scenery projected on stage. The show was clearlly satanic but as far as their beliefs, I couldn't tell if it was theatre or otherwise. Personally I hold on to 1 Thes 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. My advice is pray about it, if it's time to quit listening to that music, God will convict you.

well i feel weird when i listen to them for some reason....well i guess i'll dump them then...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mrs.Sidhe

Jan 11, 2005
East Central Georgia
✟5,040.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Crazy dancing and girl outfits? (and what in your idea is a 'girl outfit') What!? I mean seriously--they're a rock band--what are they supposed to do--stand there still and wear a burlap sack? Its a rock show concert....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightCrawler13

Veteran
May 13, 2006
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,466.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Crazy dancing and girl outfits? (and what in your idea is a 'girl outfit') What!? I mean seriously--they're a rock band--what are they supposed to do--stand there still and wear a burlap sack? Its a rock show concert....
yea i dont care what they do, what bothers me is what they are

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've never heard any of their music (that I know of) so I don't know if they are satanic or not. However, if they are involved with the Occult, I would stay away from their music. Also, my sister had a Tool shirt once and it was like a wrench or something shaped like a phallis. Don't know what that's supposed to mean but it kinda creeped me out.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
hey im asking for advice , if all your sorry butthole can come up with is sarcasm , dont bother posting

If you need to ask advice whether a band is satanic or not don't bother posting. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Nobody here knows that they are "involved in the occult" so it's stupid to speculate. "the occult" means different things to different people anyway (horoscopes anyone?) so there is no point.

To the OP: if they make you "feel weird" don't listen to them. But have the guts to make a decision for yourself based on your own tastes. If you feel the need to demonize them to support your position it just shows that you are weak and need the approval of people for every decision you make. When you try to draw lines IE: x = good, y = bad (satanic), you basically insult everyone who has different taste than you.

Upvote 0