Is this who we are as Christians? Is this who Christ is?

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Only if one's opinion of Christ is that He was a vitriolic loudmouth who spent all His time hanging out with the self-righteous, preaching that the scribes and Pharisees were entering the kingdom ahead of the prostitutes and sinners, and when He came across a crowd ready to stone the adulterous woman, said, "Here, let me get this party started!"

I think that material may be found in the recently discovered Gospel According to St. Doofus.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This video has gone viral. It's when Christians sit back and refuse to denounce such hateful garbage, that the entire body of Christ suffers. And for what? Because people are afraid to be labeled gay rights supporters. :scratch:

Theres a difference between publicly supporting gay rights and publicly rebuking a false prophet like this, with a message of pure hate. Justified by the very same bible we all use. Let's see if there is any national public outcry to prevent the further slander of Chrit's good name. I'm thinking no, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know the saddest thing about this sermon, is you can remove the gay epithets and substitute any racial epithet from the last 100 years and the message is exactly the same, verbatim. And it's ALWAYS religious folks. Starting to feel like hell was created for "Christians". :help:

Upvote 0

WilliamB

Apr 21, 2011
Miami, FL
✟2,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, this is the perception of Christianity today and the witness of Christ's is harmed for it.

How the Christian Right's Homophobia Scares Away Religious Young People | Belief | AlterNet

One of the reasons why many of my friends do not take religion seriously,

The ironic thing is its not new. Paul spoke of this very clearly:

14 For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

17 But if you call yourself a Jew and rely on the law and boast in God 18 and know his will and approve what is excellent, because you are instructed from the law; 19 and if you are sure that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness, 20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of children, having in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— 21 you then who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you preach against stealing, do you steal? 22 You who say that one must not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23 You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law. 24 For, as it is written, “The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”

He just called us hypocrites and blamed us for their blaspheme. :eek: But the American Christian church would never admit that. It certainly must be the devil and they "hate us because they hate Christ.". No, they hate us because we're a bunch of hypocrites. Trying to take the speck out of everyone elses eye, but refuse to even acknowledge there's a board in ours.

Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Is this the same guy who said we ought to put homosexual individuals in concentration camps and let them fight over food we drop down on their heads?

My little sister is a lesbian, and frankly it HURT to hear a man who claims to worship the same messiah I do say that my little sister deserves to go to a concentration camp.

You don't have to like gay people, but for heavens sake stop talking about them as if they were subhuman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

earthwatcher

May 23, 2012
Oklahoma
✟7,641.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Its not just "so called Christians" (they truely are not Christian) that say horrible hateful things. Its not always religious folks. Many non-religious folks are just as evil and mean and hateful. They don't have to claim to love Jesus to hate.

All I'm saying is, don't lay this at the feet of only religious folks.

Upvote 0

earthwatcher

May 23, 2012
Oklahoma
✟7,641.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is anyone suprised that this man is from the American South? This man Worley is a perfect illustration of the C.S. Lewis quote in my signature.

?

You have the wrong idea of the American South. This person is not an example of the American South. He is an example of ignorance, which is available everywhere, even in Canada.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is anyone suprised that this man is from the American South?
As you do not post a country flag, I can only assume you are not from the US and therefore get your opinions and impressions of the American South from old movies and liberal rags. As earthwatcher said, this is not typical of the South but very typical of ignorance everywhere.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
This guy is a wicked, vile person who shames Christ.

Is anyone suprised that this man is from the American South? This man Worley is a perfect illustration of the C.S. Lewis quote in my signature.

Attachments

• 1311020715324.jpg
    1311020715324.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0