Singapore
✟31,863.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello... I suddenly had the thought telling me that Christians can sin (murder, steal etc) and nothing bad will happen to them..

this thought seems to be suggesting and inciting me to sin, seemingly like a lie. It’s from the devil right..?

God has laws and standards both for the world and Christians alike, and no one is exempt from negative consequences and punishments from such sins even as Christians, right..?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s from the devil right..?
Yes.
Even if you get forgiven and go to heaven, you will usually have consequences here in the form of penalties and broken relationships.

David had killed Uriah and taken his wife in adultery. He repented and was restored to a right standing with God.

These two consequences happened, though, as a result,
  1. "You have killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword;
    you have taken his wife to be your wife,
    and have killed him with the sword of the people of Ammon.

Now therefore, the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me,
    and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife.’

Thus says the Lord:
    ‘Behold, I will raise up adversity against you from your own house;
    and I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor,
    and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun.

For you did it secretly,
    but I will do this thing before all Israel, before the sun.’ ” 2 Samuel 12:9-12 NKJV
    --------------------------------
  2. “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die. However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die.” 2 Samuel 12:13-14 NKJV

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello... I suddenly had the thought telling me that Christians can sin (murder, steal etc) and nothing bad will happen to them..

this thought seems to be suggesting and inciting me to sin, seemingly like a lie. It’s from the devil right..?

God has laws and standards both for the world and Christians alike, and no one is exempt from negative consequences and punishments from such sins even as Christians, right..?
If your a Christian, and truly a Christian, you will not receive the full punishment for your sins that you deserve, here or in the afterlife, etc...

But you may not be 100% completely free of any kind of "discipline" from God while you are here, cause He disciplines the ones that He loves for their own good here, etc, but you will not receive the full consequences for all your sin that you fully deserve, etc, either here, or in the afterlife to come, etc...

Others will, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Rom 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

Jas 1:15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Heb 10:29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Rom 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

Jas 1:15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Heb 10:29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Does this include those who are blind to their sin...?

1 John 1:8- "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Romans 3:10- "There is none righteous, no, not one."

Romans 3:23- "For all have sinned, (do sin) and come short of the glory of God."

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You may want to have a look at this thread:

Not all sin is the same.
All sin is the same in God's eyes, it is all missing the mark and falling short of the the righteous and holy standard of God equally, etc...

Or also, what is the reasons in your guys hearts for saying or wanting to say that all sin is not the same in God's eyes, etc...? What is the reasons in your guys hearts for saying or wanting to do that or do so, etc...? And is that not a "sin", etc...? or a "big sin", etc...?

Yes or No...?

Cause I think the only honest answer to that is most definitely "Yes"...

And I think is at the heart of some of the worst kinds of sins or evils, and has been at the heart of some of the very worst kinds of evils throughout our entire history, and is so still "now" still, etc...

Anyway, or do we now say that some sin is OK, but other sins are not OK, and the ones who have done or have committed the kind of sin that is OK, do not loose out on their salvation ever, etc, of suffer any kind of consequences for it or them or that ever, etc, but that the other kinds of sins, mean that that person is most definitely not saved, and is evil and cannot be saved ever, and is lost forever now, and cannot ever come back ever, etc...?

And who are you, and who are we to judge or say that or those kinds of things, etc...? And are they, or is not "that", at the very heart and very core of some of the very worst kinds of true evil or sins done down through the centuries, etc...?

Yes or No...?

Cause I think the answer is for certain and ultimately resounding very loud "Yes", etc...

These kind of things are the very core of some of the worst kinds of evil, etc...

It is only wanting to paint ones own self righteous or exempt, while judging and/or condemning or damning others, etc, which is very, very evil, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, a very common temptation that most people not only accept but most people give in to and maybe perish (unless they learn they must repent, cease sin, and do so ) .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Everybody is totally responsible for their own thoughts and actions.

When you see the truth of this, you may suddenly find opposition within your own thoughts and feelings. For the truth reveals that we cannot blame anybody, ever again, for our thoughts and actions but ourselves. But it is nothing to be afraid of, it actually becomes a relief from experiencing anger, resentments, anxiety, depression, etc.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@HTacianas

Or perhaps you think that there are different punishments for different crimes, etc...?

In that case do you think God will exact all punishment for all sin equally upon everyone for all or any of their crimes, etc...?

Or will He rather do it differently or exact punishments differently upon different people, based or not based on certain things or not certain things according to that individual, individual by individual, etc...

And if that is the case, then how can you know or judge or tell, etc...?

Are you God, etc...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
@HTacianas

Or perhaps you think that there are different punishments for different crimes, etc...?

In that case do you think God will exact all punishment for all sin equally upon everyone for all or any of their crimes, etc...?

Or will He rather do it differently or exact punishments differently upon different people, based or not based on certain things or not certain things according to that individual, individual by individual, etc...

And if that is the case, then how can you know or judge or tell, etc...?

Are you God, etc...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

If there was no difference the bible wouldn't plainly say there is a difference. For instance, what is the intent of the writer of 1 John when he says:

1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

But then goes on to say:

1Jo 3:6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

The enemy wants to take from us but we can refuse him and have what God wants.

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If there was no difference the bible wouldn't plainly say there is a difference. For instance, what is the intent of the writer of 1 John when he says:

1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

But then goes on to say:

1Jo 3:6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
Maybe you should ask him, etc...?

Anyway, ours is to "interpret", so I will tell my interpretation, OK...?

I think those who sin, or continue in sin, or continue to sin in their hearts, are maybe taking some serious risks with their own Salvation, etc...

Can I say they are "forever damned" or forever lost, etc, with absolutely no hope of ever coming back ever at some point in their life ever...? No, I don't feel that I can say that ever, etc...

It would go against everything I know about God (and Jesus and the Holy Spirit) and their forgiving and loving nature, etc, and all I know and have been taught in and from the Bible about His or Their "Grace", etc...

But are they taking a "risk", yes, probably, and more than likely, etc, but can I say they have absolutely no hope left at all or are forvever condemned and damned with absolutely no hope of ever coming back at all ever, etc, ever, etc...? No I cannot ever say that I don't think, etc... Like I said it would go against everything I know and have been taught about God, etc, and I feel like I would be putting myself in the place of God to do so also, etc...

Anyway, that's my opinion or interpretation anyway...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Maybe you should ask him, etc...?

Anyway, ours is to "interpret", so I will tell my interpretation, OK...?

I think those who sin, or continue in sin, or continue to sin in their hearts, are maybe taking some serious risks with their own Salvation, etc...

Can I say they are "forever damned" or forever lost, etc, with absolutely no hope of ever coming back ever at some point in their life ever...? No, I don't feel that I can say that ever, etc...

It would go against everything I know about God (and Jesus and the Holy Spirit) and their forgiving and loving nature, etc, and all I know and have been taught in and from the Bible about His or Their "Grace", etc...

But are they taking a "risk", yes, probably, and more than likely, etc, but can I say they have absolutely no hope left at all or are forvever condemned and damned with absolutely no hope of ever coming back at all ever, etc, ever, etc...? No I cannot ever say that I don't think, etc... Like I said it would go against everything I know and have been taught about God, etc, and I feel like I would be putting myself in the place of God to do so also, etc...

Anyway, that's my opinion or interpretation anyway...

God Bless!

So does that mean there is a difference between sins or there is not a difference between sins?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So does that mean there is a difference between sins or there is not a difference between sins?
There may be differences, but because God judges and/or exacts punishments differently (for the believer(s)) how can we know or judge or tell (differently), etc...?

Not our place to ever do so ever, I don't think, etc, especially "for sure" I don't think, etc...

But that's just my opinion and interpretation based on what I know about God (and from scripture) though, etc...

Our place is to always give everyone the benefit of the doubt at the very least I think, etc...

And always start, or start out, or proceed from there, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Holy Spirit will teach you and keep in remembrance all that Jesus Christ of Nazareth taught about the Kingdom of God. Walk in His Spirit so that you will not be tempted.
Blessings

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0