Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tomorrow will be my last primary as a Republican. On Wednesday I will be changing my party registration to Independent. Now, before I go any further I want to say that when I say Republican or Democrat, I am only talking about the leadership and current office holders in the Federal and Pennsylvania Governments. In the grassroots there are a lot of good people, although not enough to make a difference at the upper levels of the two major parties.

It is my opinion the Republicans and Democrats have been and will continue our march to destruction. Our hope to save this country, and my State, is with the Independents and the minor parties. I can not in good conscience remain part of a two party system whose goal it is to destroy my Country and my State. And I am hoping millions will do the same as I am doing on Wednesday. Before the Republicans and Democrats complete their destruction of America and Pennsylvania, we need to destroy them. And the way to do that is for millions of us to leave, and join another party. I'm going to register Independent. I don't care where the rest of go. There other parties. There's the Libertarian and Constitution parties. And, you know what, I believe the Communist Party would be better than what we got now. I would rather have a Constitutional Communist than those who want nothing more than to destroy America and Pennsylvania. Republicans and Democrats do not love America, because if they did they would not want to destroy America.

Why do I say that? Do you know anything about the National Defense Authorization Act? I haven't till recently. It's a law that gets quietly passed every year. I have heard snippets now and then, but nothing too alarming. Keep in mind, neither Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity screamed their heads off about this. And if they care about America they should have.

The 2013 version of this Act passed the Senate 98-0. That means Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio voted for this. To get you more informed, I will now include about half of another article.

The National Defense Authorization Act of 2013 passed the Senate with a 98-0 vote. The NDAA is a huge federal law that among other things specifies the budget and expenditures for the Department of Defense. The authorization bill determines the agencies responsible for defense, establishes funding levels, and sets the policies under which money will be spent. Policies that are defined under the authorization act include salary and benefit guidelines for all service members, including health care, plus foreign policy items like the economic sanctions against Iran, embassy security and "options for establishing a no-fly zone over civil war-plagued Syria."

To see the rest go here: policymic.com/articles/20835/why-the-ndaa-bill-is-even-scarier-than-you-thought

Even Rand Paul who gave lip service against section 1021 voted for it. The Amendment he talked about he said "sharply limited" Section 1021, but it did not remove it. Acting President Obama could have ignored the Amendment. And by the way, Allen West in the House also voted for this.

What about the 2014 bill? It passed the Republican House with the Indefinite Detention clause in tact. No Amendment limiting it's power. And it passed the Senate 85-15. This time Rand Paul and company voted against the Act. And why wouldn't they, 2014 is an election year. They don't care about your freedom, all they care about is re-election, either of themselves or their friends. The fact is, I don't trust these people.

Go here to see an article about the NDAA 2014: thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/17248-ted-cruz-indefinite-detention-retained-in-ndaa-2014
By the way, my fellow Pennsylvanians, it seems Pat Toomey voted for this.

This power of the President to hold a citizen indefinitely has been challenged in court. The latest article I can find about it is here: infowars.com/federal-court-overturns-block-on-ndaa-indefinite-detention/
Keep in mind, the majority of the Republicans in Congress voted for this power of the President to indefinitely detain a citizen. All the President has to say is, "I believe this person gave aid to terrorists." And if I'm not mistaken, Acting President Obama has stated this about Edward Snowden. So, if Edward Snowden ever came back while Acting President Obama has this power, he will be held without due process of law indefinitely.

IS THIS THE AMERICA YOU WANT?

This is the kind of America Republicans and Democrats are giving us. The Republican and Democrat parties must come to an end if we want true Americans to run this Country. And this is why I am leaving the Republican Party on Wednesday of this week. I have had enough of these treasonist people. They are enemies of our Constitution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: South Bound

TomLine

Already Disturbed, Enter At Your Own Risk
May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah the NDAA, I remember how many people got up in arms about it after Obama took office, only to discover to their horror that it had already been in place as is since 2001.

Change™. Or not.

And it was started by Republicans, along with the Patriot Act. They are working so hard to eliminate our 4th Amendment rights.

Reactions: SaphireOwl
Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tomorrow will be my last primary as a Republican. On Wednesday I will be changing my party registration to Independent.

That's funny that you would say that. I left the GOP about ten years ago (or, to paraphrase Ronald Reagan, they left me), at least philosophically, if not officially.

My wife were talking about changing our affiliation on Sunday.

In answer to your question, "Is this the America that you want", no. I want the America I was brought up to believe in back.

Upvote 0

TomLine

May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, this isnt but the America I want has never existed and probably never will. All I can do is vote for the people who will get it closest to the America I want.

Seems to me we are getting closer to the America you want.

Upvote 0

TomLine

May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's funny that you would say that. I left the GOP about ten years ago (or, to paraphrase Ronald Reagan, they left me), at least philosophically, if not officially.

My wife were talking about changing our affiliation on Sunday.

In answer to your question, "Is this the America that you want", no. I want the America I was brought up to believe in back.

Thanks for your post. And I love your signature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And it was started by Republicans, along with the Patriot Act. They are working so hard to eliminate our 4th Amendment rights.

Yes, but it was further promoted by several democrats.

Many politicians have backed taking away these rights, some have opposed it, and most americans have too.

Upvote 0

TomLine

May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but it was further promoted by several democrats.

Many politicians have backed taking away these rights, some have opposed it, and most americans have too.

Republicans and Democrats are working together.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Republicans and Democrats are working together.

They were when they implemented much of the patriot act. Now they aren't so much working together as much as simply having similar tactics and goals.

Upvote 0

TomLine

May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They were when they implemented much of the patriot act. Now they aren't so much working together as much as simply having similar tactics and goals.

Did you ever look into the NDAA? Sorry, I do believe they are working together.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Did you ever look into the NDAA? Sorry, I do believe they are working together.

Yeah, I've looked into it before. In some ways they are, but they each still have agendas that are at odds with one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But where it counts, they are working together.

Only in your opinion about things you think are important. In my opinion, in things I think are important, they are far apart and will go out of their way to stay that way.

Upvote 0

TomLine

May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Only in your opinion about things you think are important. In my opinion, in things I think are important, they are far apart and will go out of their way to stay that way.

Where are they far apart?

Upvote 0