USA
✟7,766.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So a few months ago, I was praying about a guy in my life. He and I had been going through some rough times trying to figure out where our relationships was heading, which resulted in a lot of arguing, stress, and tension. (We're both very devoted Christians so this only means we were torn on whether or not to date.) I had spent a lot of time praying about this for a while, and as I was, I suddenly had a mental picture of him and one of the leaders from our Christian group on campus here, Samantha, standing together at the front of the room we usually meet in. But as quickly as I saw it, then meaning came even quicker in my mind, which was that I was supposed to assume Sam's role in our Christian group some time from now (being that she's graduating this year), and this guy and I were engaged and leading it together.

This didn't seem logical to me at all (though of course God goes beyond logic haha) since the two of us were fighting, so I pushed it to the back of my mind until just this week. The two of us have been talking with a different religious leader on campus about our fights and we're working on solving them (which is going along very well, since they stemmed from stress over a lot of things he's working on overcoming in his walk with Christ and how he views people), so because of that, the little "vision" I had while I was praying came back to my mind. But I haven't told anyone, not even my mother who I tell everything, that I had this happen. Considering that I felt for a while that he and I were supposed to be together, I want to take things as they come.

I know that if we're meant to end up that way, it'll happen, but is this something I should put faith in or were my emotions just messing with me? Is there any real way to tell?

Last edited:

BobW188

Growling Maverick
Jul 19, 2008
Southern Minnesota
✟10,103.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'd suggest you do exactly that: take things as they come. Your mental picture is most likely showing you a possibility, not a certainty. It's certainly positive that the counselling is proving helpful, but it would be more positive if you'd mentioned what problems of yours it's brought to light.

Upvote 0

X=?

A voice crying in the wilderness.
Dec 12, 2008
UK
Visit site
✟7,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know that if we're meant to end up that way, it'll happen, but is this something I should put faith in or were my emotions just messing with me? Is there any real way to tell?

Emotions can be up and down, all relationships suffer with mens mood and womens moods and sometimes they just clash.

I personally and I apply this to my Christian relationship, is that I have to work at it and that deepens my faith in someways and also in my relationship with my girlfriend even though we don't always see eye to eye on things.

Upvote 0

BabyLightMyWay

My happiness is found in less of me & more
Nov 9, 2008
USA
✟7,766.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'd suggest you do exactly that: take things as they come. Your mental picture is most likely showing you a possibility, not a certainty. It's certainly positive that the counselling is proving helpful, but it would be more positive if you'd mentioned what problems of yours it's brought to light.

Oh, I have. We definitely talked about both of our perspectives on the arguments, and we're doing just fine so far. So yeah, I have faith that it'll all come together well soon.

I just really don't want to put too much into that picture that came to mind because I'm still worried about things.

Upvote 0