Is this some warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2003
✟301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I was just thinking about the recent "signs in the sky" and checked on a Hebrew calendar and found that if you count the amount of time from when the planet Mars reached its closest that it has ever been in 60,000 years ( which also has prophetic overtones) to the Day of Atonement there are 40 days.

Now according to a pattern found within the Bible itself the number forty represent Trials and Testing.

For example:

Moses was on the mountain for forty days thus the Israelites were left alone during that time (testing)

They did not have faith so were sentenced to spend forty years in the wilderness to purge out the sin among them.

Elijah spent Forty days in Mt Horeb

Jonah preached judgment to the inhabitants of Nineveh for forty days

Ezekiel laid on his side in repentance for Israel for forty days

Jesus spent forty days of trial and testing in the wilderness

Jesus was on earth showing himself alive for forty days after the resurrection.

The temple was destroyed forty years after his ascension.

So what meaning do you think these forty days from the sign in the sky of Mars (the Roman god of WAR) and the Day of Atonement?

I know that there are many that are fasting during this time leading up to this day, in repentance.

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't consider a planet on its normal orbit a sign. I believe a sign would be something out of the ordinary. :)

Here are a few verses that show examples of what I would consider to be a sign--

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
JOS 10:13 So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the LORD listened to a man. Surely the LORD was fighting for Israel!
ISA 13:10 The stars of heaven and their constellations
will not show their light.
The rising sun will be darkened
and the moon will not give its light.
ISA 30:26 The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the LORD binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.
ISA 38:7 " `This is the LORD's sign to you that the LORD will do what he has promised: 8 I will make the shadow cast by the sun go back the ten steps it has gone down on the stairway of Ahaz.' " So the sunlight went back the ten steps it had gone down.
EZE 32:7 When I snuff you out, I will cover the heavens
and darken their stars;
I will cover the sun with a cloud,
EZE 32:8 All the shining lights in the heavens
I will darken over you;
I will bring darkness over your land,
declares the Sovereign LORD.
JOEL 2:10 Before them the earth shakes,
the sky trembles,
the sun and moon are darkened,
and the stars no longer shine.
JOEL 2:31 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.
JOEL 3:15 The sun and moon will be darkened,
and the stars no longer shine.
AM 8:9 "In that day," declares the Sovereign LORD,
"I will make the sun go down at noon
and darken the earth in broad daylight.
HAB 3:11 Sun and moon stood still in the heavens
at the glint of your flying arrows,
at the lightning of your flashing spear.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
It's not necessarily a sign. It's between my dad's birthday and his mom's, but that's just a coincidence and can't be conscrued to have any meaning. If you pick any two dates forty days apart, you are bound to find some significance to each day, but they don't necessarily have a connection, let alone a spiritual connection.

Upvote 0

Donny_B

Mar 4, 2003
North Carolina
✟740.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I had made an observation on another thread that on Aug 27 when Mars was at perigee with the Earth, on the same day the Dow Jones Industrials went down 6.66. And on the same day, the Ten Commandments were removed from the Alabama state judicial building.

The coincidences are interesting.

Some groups are really into doing things at precise times. I don't know if Judge Moore is a mason. I don't know what the significance of Mars being close to Earth is for the masons.

Some say that the Washington, DC/VA area is a geometric duplicate of the Cydonia region of Mars (where the "face" is). :eek:

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Y’VA–REKH’KHA ADONAI said:
Normal orbit or not, if you believe in a literal Bible rendering of how long mankind has been on earth then it is out of the ordinary. Seeings how no man could have seen it this close since it only happens once every 60,000 years.

It seems clear to me from Luke 21:25 that the signs in the sun, moon, and stars will cause great fear for as it says the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

I don't believe Mars being close has risen to a level that could be considered causing great fear resulting in heart attacks and such.

When the true signs happen, there will be no doubt they are happening for as the verse says men will faint from terror as the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

I can't imagine anyone is more excited about signs of the Lord's near return than I am--I didn't even walk out of my door to take a look at Mars.

Now if Mars starts shaking... ;)

LK 21:25 "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

Upvote 0
Terri said:
I don't consider a planet on its normal orbit a sign. I believe a sign would be something out of the ordinary. :)

Here are a few verses that show examples of what I would consider to be a sign--

http://www.spaceweather.com/eclipses/gallery_31may03_page2.html

May 31, 2003.... The rising sun was darkened and the moon did not give its light. I believe it was visible from Israel...

This is not out of the ordinary and fulfills the prophecy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Y’VA–REKH’KHA ADONAI said:
No Man, chill, How is that sarcastic anyways? I got that from this site, See the quotes""? I guess that's what the Astronomical society the article is about calls each night of star gazing.

Stargazers brace for close encounter with Mars

I wasn't assuming you were sarcastic, merely asking before I jumped to a conclusion.... Now, that is interesting -- 720,000 months is strange indeed.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
cbk said:
http://www.spaceweather.com/eclipses/gallery_31may03_page2.html

May 31, 2003.... The rising sun was darkened and the moon did not give its light. I believe it was visible from Israel...

This is not out of the ordinary and fulfills the prophecy

:wave:

You have to read the rest of the story. ;)

It didn't fulfill the prophesy--not unless the heavens trembled and the earth was shaken from its place. :p

ISA 13:11 I will punish the world for its evil,
the wicked for their sins.
I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty
and will humble the pride of the ruthless.
ISA 13:12 I will make man scarcer than pure gold,
more rare than the gold of Ophir.
ISA 13:13 Therefore I will make the heavens tremble;
and the earth will shake from its place

at the wrath of the LORD Almighty,
in the day of his burning anger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Terri said:
:wave:

You have to read the rest of the story. ;)

It didn't fulfill the prophesy--not unless the heavens trembled and the earth was shaken from its place. :p

ISA 13:10The stars of heaven and their constellations
ISA 13:11 I will punish the world for its evil,
the wicked for their sins.
I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty
and will humble the pride of the ruthless.
ISA 13:12 I will make man scarcer than pure gold,
more rare than the gold of Ophir.
ISA 13:13Therefore I will make the heavens tremble;
and the earth will shake from its place

at the wrath of the LORD Almighty,
in the day of his burning anger.

Well, let's see... the 'day' of the Lord does not have to necessarily be 24 hours.... it could be shorter or it could be an even longer period of time....

Now, if that be true, then it is possible that

13:10 started on may 31, 2003
13:11 is going on now with the 10,000 dead in France from heat and
13:12 and 13:13 is on the near horizon.

Not saying that it is, just that it is possible for this prophecy to take place over a period of time greater than 24 hours....

Now, if we are looking for this to happen in a short, 24 hour period of time, then it is possible for many of these verses to pass us by with us not acknowledging or recognizing that they have happened until AFTER they have passed.... No different than those who experienced the passing of prophecies in the past...

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2003
✟301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I had made an observation on another thread that on Aug 27 when Mars was at perigee with the Earth, on the same day the Dow Jones Industrials went down 6.66. And on the same day, the Ten Commandments were removed from the Alabama state judicial building.

Yes, but is it a coincedense? That is very interesting about the DJ. And I had forgotten about the monument, that was on thursday?

Upvote 0

Donny_B

Mar 4, 2003
North Carolina
✟740.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
From Reuters, here is the Dow going down 6.66 on Aug 27:
http://216.239.33.104/search?q=cache:wrizd1LhXjcJ:finance.lycos.com/home/news/story.asp%3Fstory%3D35472208+dow+down+6.66&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

And from this web site, Aug 27 declared "Mars Day" by the Planetary Society, when Mars was at its closest to Earth it's been in 60,000 years:
http://planetary.org/marswatch2003/marsday.html

And the Ten Commandments story from CNN from Thursday Aug 28, talking about what happened the day before on Wednesday Aug 27:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/08/27/ten.commandments/

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
cbk said:
Well, let's see... the 'day' of the Lord does not have to necessarily be 24 hours.... it could be shorter or it could be an even longer period of time....

Now, if that be true, then it is possible that

13:10 started on may 31, 2003
13:11 is going on now with the 10,000 dead in France from heat and
13:12 and 13:13 is on the near horizon.

Not saying that it is, just that it is possible for this prophecy to take place over a period of time greater than 24 hours....

Now, if we are looking for this to happen in a short, 24 hour period of time, then it is possible for many of these verses to pass us by with us not acknowledging or recognizing that they have happened until AFTER they have passed.... No different than those who experienced the passing of prophecies in the past...

Brother cbk I see your point. But, in MT 24:29 and LK 21:25-26 Jesus ties the signs to events that will result in terror for people. I don't believe normal eclipses or normal orbits of planets rise to the occasion. How would you know that a particular eclipse is a sign?

So while it will take shaking in the heavens for me to see it as a sign, perhaps our disagrement fits under RO 14:1-14:8. If you see it as a sign than for you it is a sign. :) I'm not saying that your faith is weak--just that it is a disputable matter. ;)

NIV version
RO 14:1 Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2 One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

RO 14:5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

For KJV people!
RO 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Ro 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

NIV version
MT 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days
" `the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

LK 21:25 "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

For KJV people!
MT 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

LK 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Upvote 0
Here is a good program for calculating dates among a variety of Calendars.

http://emr.cs.iit.edu/home/reingold/calendar-book/Calendrica.html

I used this calendar calculator to see what date 720,000 days would have been from a possible 32AD crucifixion date for Christ. We have passed 720,000 days since the possible 32AD dates for Christ’s triumphal entry, crucifixion, and resurrection… Sept 16/17 would be about 720,000 days after Pentecost.

About 720,000 months before this date is when astronomers believe Mar’s was as close as it is today…. But, I personally don’t believe the earth is this old.

About 720,000 days before this date was on 6 Sivan in 32AD (Gregorian Calendar) which was most likely the Day of Pentecost.

About 720,000 hours before this date was July 29, 1921. Here is what happened on that date.

http://worldwariihistory.info/1938.html

Hitler came to power of his party.

About 720,000 minutes before this date was around May 5, 2002.. Which I see no relevance. But, there was fighting in Bethlehem (which was scarey for me at the time) and the following was happening in France.

http://www.islamonline.net/english/News/2002-05/05/article51.shtml

About 720,000 seconds before Sept 16/17 is 8.333 days which is around September 7/8/9 – depending on where you start…

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.