Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have a rock in my hand. It is rather non-descript, heavy and rather hard. It is probably sedimentary or sedimentary metamorphic, but I can' tell you any details about its composition. Based on what I have told you, Is this rock:
A. Evidence for the Flood.
B. Evidence for Deep Time.
C. Not evidence for anything.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
I have a rock in my hand. It is rather non-descript, heavy and rather hard. It is probably sedimentary or sedimentary metamorphic, but I can' tell you any details about its composition. Based on what I have told you, Is this rock:

I would classify evidence as observations that are used to test a hypothesis, so it is not evidence yet. We would need to see your criteria for determining if the rock were created in a recent global flood, or through deep time, and then make observations of the rock to see if it fit those criteria.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So far, 3 have voted it is isn't evidence and 2 have voted for Deep Time. Even AVET voted "not evidence" (well done). So far, no one has voted for "The Flood." I would like to know if it is true that some here consider that any evidence is evidence for the Flood.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So far, 3 have voted it is isn't evidence and 2 have voted for Deep Time. Even AVET voted "not evidence" (well done). So far, no one has voted for "The Flood." I would like to know if it is true that some here consider that any evidence is evidence for the Flood.

The White Cliffs of Dover, but I can't prov... show it.

In other words, only the angels would know it.

(And God.)

Upvote 0

CarlosTomy

Aug 31, 2013
✟725.00
Faith
Atheist
I have a rock in my hand. It is rather non-descript, heavy and rather hard.

Well, that narrows it down!

, but I can' tell you any details about its composition.

What are you hiding?

Based on what I have told you, Is this rock:

Evidence that people with rocks want to hide things from me. So I'm going to go with "Evidence for the Sinfulness of Geologists".

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

CarlosTomy

Aug 31, 2013
✟725.00
Faith
Atheist
Nothing really... I am not a trained geologist.

So you dare TEMPT us with a rock and you aren't even going to be able to tell us what it is???? What kind of evil trick is this???

They will learn "the truth" when they die.... they better bring an air conditioner with them! ;)

Indeed! Normally geologists don't go anywhere without beer as I understand it, so they should put some in the fridge now just in case....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
You are forgetting he is trying to communicate with creationists so the more childish he can write the better.
Not that it matters how he writes it because they are just not interested in how evolution works,
if it's in the Bible it's good if it's not in the Bible it's bad, that's creationism 101.

You are making a false generalizing statement using false logic. Grammar 101.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You are forgetting he is trying to communicate with creationists so the more childish he can write the better.
Not that it matters how he writes it because they are just not interested in how evolution works,
if it's in the Bible it's good if it's not in the Bible it's bad, that's creationism 101.

Bible or not, the OP does not make any scientific sense. It is a disaster even trying to read it.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Bible or not, the OP does not make any scientific sense. It is a disaster even trying to read it.

I am trying to find out how little the amount of information is required to conclude "the flood did it." Is that hard for you to understand? Why don't you at least vote?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Now how did everyone here know you would say that?
because even when something is undeniable a creationist will still feel obliged to deny it, why?
because it's part of what makes a creationist a creationist, if it goes against the Bible it's false.

I expect you even find it strange why people laugh at creationist.

No, I don't actually. People laughed at Jesus.

Upvote 0