• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Is this rock, evidence?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Split Rock, Sep 4, 2013.

Is this rock:

1. Evidence for The Flood

2. Evidence for Deep Time

3. Not evidence for anything

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    I have a rock in my hand. It is rather non-descript, heavy and rather hard. It is probably sedimentary or sedimentary metamorphic, but I can' tell you any details about its composition. Based on what I have told you, Is this rock:
    A. Evidence for the Flood.
    B. Evidence for Deep Time.
    C. Not evidence for anything.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. CabVet

CabVet Question everything

+151
    Agnostic
    Married
    US-Others
    With just the details you give, I would say the rock is not evidence.

3. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,954
    Agnostic
    I would classify evidence as observations that are used to test a hypothesis, so it is not evidence yet. We would need to see your criteria for determining if the rock were created in a recent global flood, or through deep time, and then make observations of the rock to see if it fit those criteria.

4. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    C. Not evidence for anything.

5. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    So far, 3 have voted it is isn't evidence and 2 have voted for Deep Time. Even AVET voted "not evidence" (well done). So far, no one has voted for "The Flood." I would like to know if it is true that some here consider that any evidence is evidence for the Flood.

6. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    The White Cliffs of Dover, but I can't prov... show it.

In other words, only the angels would know it.

(And God.)

7. CarlosTomy

CarlosTomy Member

+20
    Atheist
    Well, that narrows it down!

What are you hiding?

Evidence that people with rocks want to hide things from me. So I'm going to go with "Evidence for the Sinfulness of Geologists".

8. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    Not much, really. :p

Nothing really... I am not a trained geologist.

They will learn "the truth" when they die.... they better bring an air conditioner with them! ;)

9. CarlosTomy

CarlosTomy Member

+20
    Atheist
    So you dare TEMPT us with a rock and you aren't even going to be able to tell us what it is???? What kind of evil trick is this???

Indeed! Normally geologists don't go anywhere without beer as I understand it, so they should put some in the fridge now just in case....

10. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+6,387
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    It's evidence for the fact that you claim you have a rock in your hand.

11. EternalDragon

EternalDragon Counselor

+12
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    You are making a false generalizing statement using false logic. Grammar 101.

12. CarlosTomy

CarlosTomy Member

+20
    Atheist
    I don't know as I would throw a grammar accusation against anyone making a COUNTERPOINT to one of Juvenissun's posts...just sayin'....

13. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

+776
    Baptist
    Married
    Bible or not, the OP does not make any scientific sense. It is a disaster even trying to read it.

14. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    I am trying to find out how little the amount of information is required to conclude "the flood did it." Is that hard for you to understand? Why don't you at least vote?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
  15. florida2

florida2 Well-Known Member

+421
    Atheist
    Private
    You read things very literally don't you? Split Rock is trying to make a point but you are reading it like a genuine question.

16. EternalDragon

EternalDragon Counselor

+12
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    No, I don't actually. People laughed at Jesus.

17. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+10,933
    Atheist
    Single
    What is this, a martyr complex now?

Why compare yourself to Jesus on two threads? That sounds quite blasphemous to me.

18. EternalDragon

EternalDragon Counselor

+12
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    Is there something wrong with you?

19. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+5,727
    Seeker
    They laughed at Bozo, too. What's your point?

20. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+10,933
    Atheist
    Single
    No, I was wondering why you were comparing yourself to Jesus.

Again, that seems to be rather blasphemous to me.