• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is this promise valid?

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not sure if this promise is valid. I was forced from ocd to try and make a promise to God but I canceled it. I do not rememeber what my words-thoughts were exactly it was maybe like

"not to return to my house ( I lived in a different house that day) to get some clean paper napkins"

or maybe it was like

"not to return (that specific minutes that i was thinking this words) to my house ( that I lived in that days) in order to get some specific clean napkins (that I had in my kitchen of that house)"

or not to return (that specific minutes that i was thinking this words) to my house ( that I lived in that days) in order to get some specific clean napkins (that I had in my kitchen of that house) in order to use them to do a specific ocd compulsion"

I live in a different house now. and I left my house to throw away 2 bags of garbage. due to ocd I was forced to return home in order to fill them with some more garbage that I left in my house. there is a chance that the bags were filled with paper napkins from delivery stores (not the one that I used to have that day from the super market)

ocd is telling me

ocd: ha! you may have broken a maybe valid promise. and here is why. practically, you returned home to get more garbage and if in the garbage there were paper napkins, it somehow fits with the unwanted promise like "not to return to my house to get other napkins".

I am so confused. do you see any relation? I do not remember what exactly my words are. if it is this case

"not to return (that specific minutes that i was thinking this words) to my house ( that I lived in that days) in order to get some specific clean napkins (that I had in my kitchen of that house) in order to use them to do a specific ocd compulsion"

I did not break any promise

but what if my words were something like this?

"not to return to my house ( I lived in a different house that day) to get some clean paper napkins"

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not sure if this promise is valid. I was forced from ocd to try and make a promise to God but I canceled it. I do not rememeber what my words-thoughts were exactly it was maybe like

or maybe it was like

"not to return (that specific minutes that i was thinking this words) to my house ( that I lived in that days) in order to get some specific clean napkins (that I had in my kitchen of that house)"

or not to return (that specific minutes that i was thinking this words) to my house ( that I lived in that days) in order to get some specific clean napkins (that I had in my kitchen of that house) in order to use them to do a specific ocd compulsion"

I live in a different house now. and I left my house to throw away 2 bags of garbage. due to ocd I was forced to return home in order to fill them with some more garbage that I left in my house. there is a chance that the bags were filled with paper napkins from delivery stores (not the one that I used to have that day from the super market)

ocd is telling me

ocd: ha! you may have broken a maybe valid promise. and here is why. practically, you returned home to get more garbage and if in the garbage there were paper napkins, it somehow fits with the unwanted promise like "not to return to my house to get other napkins".

I am so confused. do you see any relation? I do not remember what exactly my words are. if it is this case

"not to return (that specific minutes that i was thinking this words) to my house ( that I lived in that days) in order to get some specific clean napkins (that I had in my kitchen of that house) in order to use them to do a specific ocd compulsion"

I did not break any promise

but what if my words were something like this?

Are you the boss of you or is your ocd the boss of you?

Upvote 0

NoahSK

Apr 25, 2019
Sarasota
✟32,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you really need to see someone for help. You're posting way too many times a day, the OCD here is getting really bad. Please see someone. This is getting out of hand. Trust me, I know that it's hard, but just try please. And I'm telling myself this too.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you really need to see someone for help. You're posting way too many times a day, the OCD here is getting really bad. Please see someone. This is getting out of hand. Trust me, I know that it's hard, but just try please. And I'm telling myself this too.
YES!!!! :)

Upvote 0