Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
School Asks Teachers To Take Down Pro-Diversity Posters, Saying They're 'Anti-Trump' | The Huffington Post

I can understand that you don't want partisan politics being represented in schools. I'm not convinced equality and respect are partisan issues.

What are other thought?

People who are, themselves, racist and against diversity believe they have found in Trump their president. They will speak like that in such cases. It's interesting the accusation is being "against Trump" instead of being simply inappropriate based on moral or legal standards.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Would you respect Satan?
Would you eat an apple and then give the remaining core to Betty White?

I have literally no idea (and frankly, I am a bit scared to understand) why you posted that. Could you help flesh that thought out a bit?

OH WAIT! I think I get it. You are equating other individual people that God calls us to love; you are calling them Satan!
Oh! See now that's hatefilled but I understand your logic.

I'm beginning to get a REALLY good sense of how little Islamaphobes know about Love (that OR how unimportant it is to them in their living out their faith).

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
School Asks Teachers To Take Down Pro-Diversity Posters, Saying They're 'Anti-Trump' | The Huffington Post

I can understand that you don't want partisan politics being represented in schools. I'm not convinced equality and respect are partisan issues.

What are other thought?

What does it say about ones political ideology when concepts and themes such as "respect, equality, diversity, dignity, freedom..." are anathema (against) ones core politics? And furthermore, when such things are easily identifiable as being the opposite of ones persona???

Food for thought

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,146,892.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What does it say about ones political ideology when concepts and themes such as "respect, equality, diversity, dignity, freedom..." are anathema (against) ones core politics? And furthermore, when such things are easily identifiable as being the opposite of ones persona???

Food for thought
And what does it say about the schools opinion of Trump, that they are considered anti-trump posters.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Serves them right, they should have put up a framed picture of the leader in every classroom, instead. There's no need for art when you have a picture of Trump.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

It would appear that they are now.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And what does it say about the schools opinion of Trump, that they are considered anti-trump posters.
So the question becomes....

Based on what Trump has said, is the school's deduction (that the posters are anti-Trump) valid?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So the question becomes....

Based on what Trump has said, is the school's deduction (that the posters are anti-Trump) valid?

And if so, is that a problem with the school, or with the presidency?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I am sure that Huffpo's one example is why they have a problem...

WE THE PEOPLE ART AVAIL. TO DOWNLOAD FOR FREE! - Obey Giant

Oh, hey, look at the second one. That is the one seen all over the place at the anti Trump rally that masqueraded as a woman's march the day after the inauguration. This couldn't be why the school consider them anti-Trump, right?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I am sure that Huffpo's one example is why they have a problem...

WE THE PEOPLE ART AVAIL. TO DOWNLOAD FOR FREE! - Obey Giant

Oh, hey, look at the second one. That is the one seen all over the place at the anti Trump rally that masqueraded as a woman's march the day after the inauguration. This couldn't be why the school consider them anti-Trump, right?
How does one masquerade as a women's march? Monty Python style?

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

What are other thought?

Yes it is anti-trump.

The woman is ethnically ambiguous, so we can't discern if she is white, mixed, latino, asian, or middle eastern. Remember, Obama was mixed, and we all know he was a Muslim Kenya planted to destroy America, and cause division by talking about alleged gaps in equality in different groups. Minorities always want a handout, remember - and Obama was THE welfare president.

Also, what's up with the rose in the hair? Suspicious... is she latina? Is she going to poison my grandmother with a poison tipped thorn? Is she a Muslim terrorist trying to blemd in? Who knows - which makes it dangerous to what Trump is clearly trying to build - a perfect America free of discrimination, racism, classism, sexism and discrimination.

And, why is a woman the feature for defending anything? Remember, Hillary was a woman...

And, the poster is clearly bait, as the West (especially America) is 100% fair and accepting of diversity. Only snowflakes complain about a lack of diversity.

The poster is clearly a campaign against the "good" Americans by trying to entice division!

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you respect Satan?
if the Republicans got him elected President I'd definitely call him "President Satan". Because that's how it works. :wave:
tulc(tries to be polite as much as he can) :)

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
if the Republicans got him elected President I'd definitely call him "President Satan". Because that's how it works. :wave:
tulc(tries to be polite as much as he can) :)

Unlike countless times people have referred to the previous president with the prefix "Mr."

I don't care for Obama, but ffs can we just give the man his title? Even Bush was called Pres. BUSH BY his fierce opponents.

It is a respect thing - I suppose it is a foreign concept.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Unlike countless times people have referred to the previous president with the prefix "Mr."

I don't care for Obama, but ffs can we just give the man his title? Even Bush was called Pres. BUSH BY his fierce opponents.

It is a respect thing - I suppose it is a foreign concept.

I rarely call any of them by "President X" and that goes for any of them. Bush is Dubya, Obama is Barry, and Trump is Trump until I find something better.

Also, plenty on the left were disrespectful of Bush. Hence the name Dubya or "W."

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I rarely call any of them by "President X" and that goes for any of them. Bush is Dubya, Obama is Barry, and Trump is Trump until I find something better.

Also, plenty on the left were disrespectful of Bush. Hence the name Dubya or "W."

I think you missed the point. I wasn't speaking to, or about you personally, but if you think it applies to you let me be clearer:

I have never voted for any of the presidents sitting or relieved to date
Still, I called these presidents "President ____," because as a citizen of the country I have agreed with the motility and purpose of the constitution in terms of legitimizing what person PRESIDES over the execution of the trajectory of the nation.

Behind closed doors, or among friends, that is the choice of the person. If I were to cache qualifications for every person''s personal "do and dont" for life, there would be no significant qualifiable or quantifiable meaning.

But, I am not talking about laypersons. Honestly, I couldnt care any less what you, or any other layperson call the one which presides over you lot - except in context (like for the purposes of this post, and even the care is marginal.)

My qualm is with (university) educated, heavily vetted men and women of journalism and professional setting calling the president "Mr. ___," as this not only is a disrespect to the one seated in office, but it legitimizes the disrespect that may be prevalent in the layperson population. These reporters, correspondents, and other professionals have an intellectual and patriotic obligation to refer to their president by his title.

It is a matter of respect of position, and the influence one has on a public platform when attempting to use the correct referential nomenclature.

When Fox News, CNN NBC, CBS, and ABC continuously call the president a "mister," it gives psychological credibility to the proponents of the theories that Obama is not a legitimate president.

George W. Bush was not called Mr. BUSH nearly as often, and as disrespectfully as Obama.

And as far as the name calling of Bush: it was much better, I bet, than calling Obama and his entire family MONKEYS/APES, saying his CHILDREN had no class and constantly referring to the PRESIDES as a Muslim and Kenyan (further pushing illegitimacy theory.) He was even called the welfare president, and affiliated with hate groups just because of where his feet happened to land. His entire history was up for ivisceration.

Upvote 0