Is this possible for us? (Mark 12:30-31)

Is this possible for us? (Mark 12:30-31)

• Yes!

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟885,748.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mark 12:28-31
One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, “What commandment is the foremost of all?” Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.’ The second is this, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

• Agree
Reactions: Ronit

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, “What commandment is the foremost of all?” Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.’ The second is this, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

it isn't. which was why Jesus died. we get to heaven ONLY because of the cross.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Those who are born again have a new nature which is of God. Lord Jesus comes to live in us in the Person of His Holy Spirit. If we will allow the Lord Jesus to live in us and through us, we will not have to try to love God. We will love God because we want to, not because we have to. Life overcomes death. The Law brings death. Lord Jesus is the Life giver.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it possible for us? No.

Even for the rich man i.e. the type of person esteemed as honorable and worthy by society, entering the Kingdom of Heaven is like a camel going through the eye of a needle. You can tell the camel to go through that needle eye but the camel cannot accomplish it no matter how hard the camel tries to squeeze through. You can tell a man to love God with all his heart and all his soul and love his neighbor as much as he loves himself but no matter how much or how hard he tries he cannot accomplish it.

We can accomplish that which is possible for us. Not being able to accomplish the impossible should not be used as an excuse to not attempt to accomplish that which is possible. We may not be capable of loving God as completely as we are commanded nor of loving our neighbor as unconsciously as we love ourselves but we can and should do as much along those lines as we are actually capable of doing. The law is unyielding and demands perfection. We are imperfect and need grace.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Us = nation? No. As a Christian, yes but it takes great courage.
Us = you and me. It has noting to do with a nation.
The USA is not actually a nation it is a country with citizens from many nations.

Whether I am a Christian or not I cannot do the impossible. With God nothing is impossible but with me many things are. That is why I need grace.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is God able to have us do what He says?

yes

With God, nothing is impossible. That He chooses to do what He chooses to do is beyond my understanding and beyond my judgment . Who am I to question God? He made us imperfect and commanded us to be perfect. Surely He was not confused? Therefore, He has a reason for doing that. His thoughts are not my thoughts and they are far beyond my feeble attempts to comprehend. I know that they exceed mine more than my understanding exceeds the understanding of a worm. Only God fully knows His purpose and His Will. He has given us the promise of hope through grace, I will cling to that and do my best to be faithful. The rest is up to Him.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes, this is possible, for with God all things are possible. One must be willing to lay down their life so that others may live. Only a handful in every hundred have done so, and these walk as One.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

God is able to change our character, then. And we are being conformed to the image of Jesus.

2 Corinthians 3:18 >

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the lord." (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is impossible for us is possible with God.

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yeah i think the SPirit helps us. no one ever become sperfect before death though.... else we euld need ot be perfect to be accepted by God

Are you not perfect in God's perspective if you have "The Gift of Righteousness"?
How perfect is God's Righteousness????? So, if you have it?.....What are you?
Is there any SIN in Christ?
Are the born again "in Christ"?
If Jesus BECAME your sin and you have become "The righteousness of God In Christ"", then how righteous are you ?
Does the Blood Atonement have more Power to keep you righteous, or do you have more power then the Blood Atonement to make yourself unrighteous?

"where sin abounds GRACE more abounds"..

Salvation is not a work in progress.. Its a "finished WORK of Jesus on the Cross".

Do you have it?
Then its complete.
Now, live a life of DISCIPLESHIP that is...."As Christ is, so are the born again in this world".

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you not perfect in God's perspective if you have "The Gift of Righteousness"?
How perfect is God's Righteousness????? So, if you have it?.....What are you?
Is there any SIN in Christ?
Are the born again "in Christ"?
If Jesus BECAME your sin and you have become "The righteousness of God In Christ"", then how righteous are you ?
Does the Blood Atonement have more Power to keep you righteous, or do you have more power then the Blood Atonement to make yourself unrighteous?

"where sin abounds GRACE more abounds"..

Salvation is not a work in progress.. Its a "finished WORK of Jesus on the Cross".

Do you have it?
Then its complete.
Now, live a life of DISCIPLESHIP that is...."As Christ is, so are the born again in this world".

oh i definitely have it yes. thank you- your perspective clarifies things for me.

i think what i meant about never being perfect is a lot of people preach that you have to be without sin before you die. like, if you are female you have to stop wearing any adornments or styling your hair a certain way, if you are man you must give up sports on the TV and alcohol even in moderation. they say you must have all your debts and tithed paid else you go to hell etc that jsut feels like an impossible burden to me

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
With God, nothing is impossible. That He chooses to do what He chooses to do is beyond my understanding and beyond my judgment . Who am I to question God? He made us imperfect and commanded us to be perfect. Surely He was not confused? Therefore, He has a reason for doing that. His thoughts are not my thoughts and they are far beyond my feeble attempts to comprehend. I know that they exceed mine more than my understanding exceeds the understanding of a worm. Only God fully knows His purpose and His Will. He has given us the promise of hope through grace, I will cling to that and do my best to be faithful. The rest is up to Him.

the word perfection does not mean sin free. it means wholeness, holiness.

Reactions: XAPLTOS
Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who are born again have a new nature which is of God. Lord Jesus comes to live in us in the Person of His Holy Spirit. If we will allow the Lord Jesus to live in us and through us, we will not have to try to love God. We will love God because we want to, not because we have to. Life overcomes death. The Law brings death. Lord Jesus is the Life giver.

Living by The law means trying to interpret the word of God/and attempting to fulfill the Ten Commandments through your own interpretation. We can fulfill the 10 commandments through jesus interpretation of Gods word only. This is why Jesus said I came to fulfill and not abolish. If we say that the law no longer applies then we call him a liar we are inadvertently implying that he abolished the law but the law is fulfilled through believing Jesus teachings without compromise.

The only way to love God is to believe in the teachings of his son Jesus without compromise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oh i definitely have it yes. thank you- your perspective clarifies things for me.

i think what i meant about never being perfect is a lot of people preach that you have to be without sin before you die. like, if you are female you have to stop wearing any adornments or styling your hair a certain way, if you are man you must give up sports on the TV and alcohol even in moderation. they say you must have all your debts and tithed paid else you go to hell etc that jsut feels like an impossible burden to me

The wonder of God's Grace, that many will never understand, is..... To be accepted by God, we have to be as Sinless as Christ. Otherwise, GOD can't have us, or take us.
We have to be of EQUAL RIGHTEOUSNESS To God, before we can go to heaven.
This has to happen BEFORE WE DIE.
Enter...........THE CROSS.
The Cross, is the Finished work of Jesus, that is proven to be true by the Resurrection of The Christ from the Dead.
And what else does it prove? It proves that if you are born again, you are just as Righteous as God, .. being MADE Righteous by the Blood Atonement. "The GIFT of Righteousness".
When does that end? It ends when God dies.
You'll be just as Righteous as God, "The righteousness of God, In Christ" for as long as God LIVES.
This is how long the effect of being made righteous by the BLOOD ATONEMENT, will last.
Thats why its called "Eternal Life".

"but what if i sin"....
You already have, hundreds of times.
"well what if i forgot to repent hundreds of times' ??
What if you did?
Are you born again? Then THAT is why go to heaven, not because you carefully remember all your sin and repent of them one by one.

Consider this..
You are the Righteousness of God in Christ, ALWAYS.
Think about that the next time you are repenting and confessing, and you just might begin to come into your first actual understanding of the GRACE OF GOD.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

it isn't. which was why Jesus died. we get to heaven ONLY because of the cross.

Jesus died because of the message he spoke\his teachings. Jesus dies for out iniquity, this is a particular type of sin that Jesus died for. Jesus did not die for all our sins since he himself said that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an unpardonable sin or unforgivable sin.

Iniquity is when you have unintentional sin, meaning you do not know the teachings of Jesus and so do not know right from wrong according to God. Once you read the teachings of Jesus you will either repent meaning feel bad and attempt to follow his teachings (but you will never be perfect and so will inevitably fall short here and there but you will aspire to follow his teachings in full, and when you fall short you will ask for forgiveness and God will forgive you). This is called transgression meaning intentional sin, meaning you are fully aware that you have fallen short from Jesus teachings and so ask for Gods forgiveness.

Lastly blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is when you read his teachings and because you do not agree with it you twist and compromise his teachings instead of accepting his teachings (like Mark 4:20 states the good soil are he who hears the word of God and accepts it).

So Jesus died for our iniquity and no matter what way you look at it, Jesus teachings does result in washing away your iniquity, either by converting it into transgression (which can then be forgiven) or into blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, which can never be forgiven not here or in the age to come.

So Jesus died for out iniquity after reading his teachings we now should know right from wrong unless we have twisted his teachings to suit us which results in an unpardonable sin. We don't have to be perfect in action because this is impossible we will always fall short due to being human but we do have to be perfect in our version of right and wrong as per God through the teachings of his son Jesus (cannot twist it to suit us or to be agreeable to us must accept it as it is).

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did not die for all our sins since he himself said that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an unpardonable sin or unforgivable sin.

If Jesus didn't die for "the sin of the world", which is all our sin, then we would die in them, and then we would end up in hell.
All SIN, has to be dealt with, as its SIN that separates us from God.
Christ became them all on the Cross and died for them all.

The "unpardonable sin", is to die an unbeliever.
John 3:36

To die a Christ rejector, is to have committed the "unpardonable sin", as its the one sin that Christ on the Cross can't forgive. He can't forgive you for rejecting Him, so, you will die un-pardoned. = The Unpardonable sin.

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it possible for us? No.

Even for the rich man i.e. the type of person esteemed as honorable and worthy by society, entering the Kingdom of Heaven is like a camel going through the eye of a needle. You can tell the camel to go through that needle eye but the camel cannot accomplish it no matter how hard the camel tries to squeeze through. You can tell a man to love God with all his heart and all his soul and love his neighbor as much as he loves himself but no matter how much or how hard he tries he cannot accomplish it.

We can accomplish that which is possible for us. Not being able to accomplish the impossible should not be used as an excuse to not attempt to accomplish that which is possible. We may not be capable of loving God as completely as we are commanded nor of loving our neighbor as unconsciously as we love ourselves but we can and should do as much along those lines as we are actually capable of doing. The law is unyielding and demands perfection. We are imperfect and need grace.

Jesus repeated to this Rich man only all the commandments that related to loving your neighbor but did not repeat the commandments that related to loving God. So what Jesus is telling this man is you can only love God with all your heart mind soul and strength, if you give up all. Meaning go and sell all your possessions and give it to the poor. Then you will be fulfilling the most important comandment of all which is to love the lord God with all your heart mind and strength. This can only be done through Gods holy spirit which comes by accepting the statement this is what this rich young man could not do, he could not accept the statement. Once you accept the statement that you have to give up all for Jesus all your possessions then Gods Holy Spirit will enable you to actually do it but it is impossible to do so through your spirit (this is impossible through any mans spirit).

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus didn't die for "the sin of the world", which is all our sin, then we would die in them, and then we would end up in hell.
All SIN, has to be dealt with, as its SIN that separates us from God.
Christ became them all on the Cross and died for them all.

The "unpardonable sin", is to die an unbeliever.
John 3:36

To die a Christ rejector, is to have committed the "unpardonable sin", as its the one sin that Christ on the Cross can't forgive. He can't forgive you for rejecting Him, so, you will die un-pardoned. = The Unpardonable sin.

Hebrews 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened who have tasted the heavenly gift who have shared in the holy spirit who have tasted the goodness of the wod of god and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the son of God all over again.

This scripture is explaining Blashpemy of the holy spirit as you can see these people at one point were believers in regards to knowing that Jesus was the way but still compromising his teachings.

Upvote 0