The High places of Jacob
✟38,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The verse that you site as some kind of proof text is directed at Judah, Their House being Jerusalem, they didn't recognize the time of their visitation and were not gathered and subsequently were thrown out of their house, and the land of Judea went desolate, furthermore they were under Roman rule, and were not an Independent nation in the first century.

Acts 1:6

When they therefore were come together, they asked of Him, saying, Adonai, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

In order to restore something it must have once existed...And in the first century Israel as a whole did Not.

And the Apostles knew that the nation, all 12 tribes restored to the land is what is Prophesied to happen... That's the reason they asked the question in the first place.... DUH !!!

Jeremiah 31:35
Thus saith YHWH, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; YHWH of hosts is His name:

If those ordinances depart from before me, saith YHWH, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me for ever.

Some of Judah returning at the end in unbelief is what was prophesied to happen

Zechariah 12:7
YHWH also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

The tents, Judah would return to their land first ~ Joel 3:6

and then they will look upon Aleph Taw who they pierced Zechariah 12:10

and in the dark and cloudy day, Jacob's trouble, the rest of the Tribes and dispersed of Judah will return Ezekiel 34:12, Ezekiel 39:25, Isaiah 11:12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Markwsmith2020

Oct 8, 2017
dallas
✟9,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Christ restored the kingdom thru the church the new covenant, in the last days I will make a new covenant, and it is eternal, lk 1 His kingdom shall have no end!

Jesus is speaking to Israel in Mt 24, your house the temple is a house of desolation, proof it was in 70ad desolate forevermore

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mt 23 ends with Christ condemning Israel? Is it permanent?

Not according to the end of Mt. 23:
39"For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me
until you say, 'BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!'"

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yours is a house of desolation.

Yes as a nation not as individuals

The Jewish nation was to take the Gospel to the whole world that was the purpose of them being GOD's people.

Remember the seventy week prophecy "seventy weeks are determined upon my people" God gave them time to spread the Gospel instead they killed it.

They failed as a nation.

The "house" is the temple and when they crucified Jesus the curtain was rent leaving the temple desolate.

Upvote 0

Servant232

May 29, 2017
The High places of Jacob
✟38,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Christ restored the kingdom thru the church the new covenant, in the last days I will make a new covenant, and it is eternal, lk 1 His kingdom shall have no end!

Jesus is speaking to Israel in Mt 24, your house the temple is a house of desolation, proof it was in 70ad desolate forevermore

FYI - The New Covenant is with the House of Judah and the House of Israel ONLY Hebrews 8:10, Jeremiah 31:31,33

It is Not with the catholics, nor the protesting catholics, or the non-denominational protesting catholics that all keep sunday, celebrate christmas and easter as per RCC decree, But do not keep the Sabbath or The Appointed Times of the most High:

His Passover that YESHUA said to keep in Remembrance of Him - Unleavened Bread - Firstfruits ~ Shavuot in the spring

Yom Teruah ~Yom Kippur~ Sukkot in the fall

Why do you despise His ways? What man has the authority to change God's times?

Just saying, because what you believe, does not affect me in the least, that is true, yet having the constant realization of how far some have been led astray from the truth, and have become slaves of the fairy tales they believe in, about that I do wonder, why is that? He Answers Inherited lies Jeremiah 16:19

God will have His way, and that is regardless of whether you believe Him or a counterfeit made to look like Him

He uses both sides for Good, the vessels appointed to destruction and those appointed for Honor

And everyone makes the choice of what type of vessel they are going to be.... and the pope got no say about it...

You sure fire off a lot of (Kindness, Longsuffering, able to teach) baited questions.

You like to Ask a question, then do you make up your own answer by years of study or do you stick with vatican drivel? you are a catholic but not rcc, with a preterist bent?... Are you a pope and cardinals have the final word kind of guy?

OY VEY

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Markwsmith2020

Oct 8, 2017
dallas
✟9,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Reply to #8
I have many questions for you!
1st the new covenant Church has to be universal, including all people, why do you think it's only some people? Mt 28 go into the whole world! Universal!
Jn 3:16 God so loved the world! Universal!
Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. Universal!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yours is a house of desolation.

Hi Mark,

Remember we always need to read who the Lord is talking to. In Matt 23 we see that Jesus is speaking to the scribes and Pharisees of His time. They specifically are the ones He says `woe` to.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you become a member of Christ, and partake of the new covenant?

Hi Mark,

How.....by the Holy Spirit who `sets` you in the Body of Christ, which is a spiritual body, not an organisation of man. (1 Cor. 12: 18)

`But now God has SET the members each one of them, in the body, just as he pleased.`

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Markwsmith2020

Oct 8, 2017
dallas
✟9,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Reply to #12 hi Marilyn, yes dear but they represent Israel, same as when the high Priest Caiaphas condemned Jesus, Israel as a nation condemned Jesus! Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reply to #12 hi Marilyn, yes dear but they represent Israel, same as when the high Priest Caiaphas condemned Jesus, Israel as a nation condemned Jesus! Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

That is partly true Mark, however if you read Hosea you will see that God has promised to betroth them to Him for ever.

`I will betroth you to me for ever, Yes, I will betroth you to me in righteousness and justice, in lovingkindness and mercy; I will betroth you to me in faithfulness, and you SHALL KNOW THE LORD.` (Hosea 2: 19 & 20)

There will be those of Israel that come through the tribulation who will go into the millennium to rule the nations as promised by God. (Micah 4:1 - 3 etc)

Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reply to #22 Jesus is the king of all, universal, Jn 3:16 the world, Mt 28 go into the whole world, universal, or Catholic from the greek

Yes all those scriptures refer to the Lord`s rule over the earth and the nations of the world on earth. However there are other books in God`s word that tell us, the Body of Christ where we will rule with the Lord.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reply #8 rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb

That's us!

I don`t see any mention of the Body of Christ there, bro, only the 12 tribes of Israel!

Marilyn.

Upvote 0