Is this lust, and how do I overcome adultery?

Conker

A Soul Being Saved By God
Jun 28, 2017
California
✟15,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I've recently been going to the beach quite often because I love to go fishing, but each time I go there are always females almost completely naked. Each time my eyes linger to their bust or other assets. I don't think about anything sexual, but it just feels wrong that I am in a sense mesmerized by them. I don't have one clue how to overcome my problem of adultery, and wandering eyes.
I feel like I need someone to slap me or something, every time I do something I shouldn't. I've asked God to help me out, and I have been getting better, but how do I know its God? What they teach me in school and have engraved in my head is that is my own effort and just a process of my mind.
Please shed some light.

Last edited:

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like you are on the right track. Men can't help but notice women, especially women in swimwear. Try not to stare or fixate on them. Praying about this is always good.
I've caught myself looking longer than I should at women at the health club. Some of the workout outfits are a little snug. It's hard to act disinterested sometimes.

Reactions: Conker
Upvote 0

Conker

A Soul Being Saved By God
Jun 28, 2017
California
✟15,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like you are on the right track. Men can't help but notice women, especially women in swimwear. Try not to stare or fixate on them. Praying about this is always good.
I've caught myself looking longer than I should at women at the health club. Some of the workout outfits are a little snug. It's hard to act disinterested sometimes.
Thank You.

Upvote 0

SamanthaMathis

An Amateur Consummate Traveler
Jun 26, 2015
Northeast
✟27,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This is a normal feeling i believe, we all have it and make sure that our sight does not linger. There should be some sort of process you develop to keep your view on yourself. but no one thinks you are a bad person, no need to make it a huge worry :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is a normal feeling i believe, we all have it and make sure that our sight does not linger. There should be some sort of process you develop to keep your view on yourself. but no one thinks you are a bad person, no need to make it a huge worry :)
It's good not to stare; but it's a question of context often. What else does one expect on the beach? so to speak. It's hardly practical to expect women to go back to long, frilly Victorian era outfits for the beach.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course. Perhaps you should train yourself and try to get used to feel normal in an environment thats already mesmerizing. That way in a real situation its not such big deal, just a suggestion hah :)
Some ppl may complain about bikinis but the fact is that some stringy one piece creations actually show more than some bikinis do.

Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟21,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's interesting that in Isaiah 20:2-3, Yahweh has His prophet walk around naked for 3 years as a sign.

Now, Yahweh didn't command His prophet to break His Law, did He?

There's another part, Isaiah 32:11 where women are commanded to make themselves bare, and then put sackcloth around their loins. Notice it does not say chest.

My point is that the problem is not so much outside us as it is inside our hearts.

It doesn't help that women wear skimpy outfits that purposefully make them look sexier than they would look completely naked.

But perhaps you can find a woman to fish with that will hold your attention? Nothing wrong with admiring your wife.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I dont.... i get annoyed with the constant flirts and worse by guys

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums