Is this Idolatry?

F

fuji

What are you doing for God?
How about you give up smoking and donate the money to the poor.

Joyce never desired to become rich but to preach the gospel against all odds and
many wrote her off, denounced her and used scripture to beat her over the head with as
they said that a woman should not be preaching and teaching.

It is so easy for us to lump people into a catagory and write them off
even though we know nothing of their heart or God's call on their lives.

I do not like many TV evagelist but I do not slam them all because many
have done God's work in reaching the whole earth with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I do not think we should denouce or judge those that God has clearly
given a place in this world to preach the gospel.

Paul said it best...
Philippians 1
15 Some, it is true, [actually] preach Christ (the Messiah) [for no better reason than] out
of envy and rivalry (party spirit), but others are doing so out of a loyal spirit and goodwill.

16 The latter [proclaim Christ] out of love, because they recognize and know that I am
[providentially] put here for the defense of the good news (the Gospel).

17 But the former preach Christ out of a party spirit, insincerely [out of no pure motive,
but thinking to annoy me], supposing they are making my bondage more bitter and my
chains more galling.

18 But what does it matter, so long as either way, whether in pretense
[for personal ends] or in all honesty [for the furtherance of the Truth],
Christ is being proclaimed?
And in that I [now] rejoice, yes, and I shall rejoice [hereafter] also.

Well, smoking doesn't cost me anything and I only do it like once a day, so yeah.

Also I never got an answer on the 8 car garage thing...

But wow Paul, so long threads here, well done :)

tumblr_m5qf8nssHo1qbaj4uo1_500.gif

Upvote 0
D

Dreamer28

His Geeky Girl - Thanks. Personally I don't mind. They can argue until the sun goes down, but it doesn't get them anywhere.
And secondlyto everyone else - I don't see anything wrong with Joyce. So she made a few mistakes, but it doesn't mean that she's wrong. Thirdly, I think bolth of them are really great. Guess I shouldn't have brought them up cuase now everyone is arguing on them and my board is going to get deleted. LOL.
Joyce started her ministery becuase she was told to by God. And she had a passion for it. and if she get's alot of money, like millions, then so what, that's b/c people like her and she's doing a good job. If someone makes you mad, just ignore it, no reason to argue over weather or not they are good preachers or not. LOL it's all an Opinion.
Neither one states that you are telling a fact or not.

Upvote 0
K

kenvin

Is this Idolatry? Wanting to play the Piano, then Write, and Dance or Contortion? Would I be making myself into an Idol for this?
Anyways, someone pls let me know, cuase I like to do those things, it's what keeps me from being bored, but sometimes I have a feeling that thease things are of my own plans and not God's, but then again, today I heard that any dream you have is a vision from God and that I should try to make it come true. It was in the Joel O steen book. (I declare) and so does Joyce Meyers, she talks about fallowing your dreams too. But I don't know. I've probably asked this question, but I need more assurance about whether or not it's ok. thanks.

No it is not. God wants people to use their talents.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
His Geeky Girl - Thanks. Personally I don't mind. They can argue until the sun goes down, but it doesn't get them anywhere.
And secondlyto everyone else - I don't see anything wrong with Joyce. So she made a few mistakes, but it doesn't mean that she's wrong. Thirdly, I think bolth of them are really great. Guess I shouldn't have brought them up cuase now everyone is arguing on them and my board is going to get deleted. LOL.
Joyce started her ministery becuase she was told to by God. And she had a passion for it. and if she get's alot of money, like millions, then so what, that's b/c people like her and she's doing a good job. If someone makes you mad, just ignore it, no reason to argue over weather or not they are good preachers or not. LOL it's all an Opinion.

*You can ask the mods to close your thread so it doesn't get any more comments.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Sitting by and watching people falsely accuse others doesn't really get us anywhere either; I can't just ignore it anymore. Someone needed to take a stand, so I elected myself, because I'm not a weak woman, I can take it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On​

Thread has been cleaned up and reopened. Several posts have been removed. Please review and follow the CF Flaming and Harassment rule:

Flaming and Harassment
● Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button. Do not report another member out of spite.
● Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.
● Do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes, making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.
● Respect another member's request to cease personal contact.

Mod Hat Off​

Upvote 0