Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
THe bible says that the Lord is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:17 Whats that mean?

Isaiah says that a child will be born, and His name will be called eternal Father and mighty God. Isaiah 9:6 WHo is that child and who is the eternal Father?

Jesus that came to do God's will
John 5:30
I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Godhead - Also Known As The Holy Trinity

God The Father - 1st Person Of The Holy Trinity

God The Son (Jesus Christ, The Word) - 2nd Person Of The Holy Trinity

God The Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost) - 3rd Person Of The Holy Trinity

Three Unique Personages Of God - Yet One
What about the title question? And the questions in the OP? Care to take a crack at them?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Isaiah says that a child will be born, and His name will be called eternal Father and mighty God. Isaiah 9:6 WHo is that child and who is the eternal Father?
The spirit does not consist of the material elements, it's something else. I don't have a clue how you describe the qualities and attributes, guess I always thought it was intuitively discerned. Whatever it consists of its the core of mental and moral consciousness.

Now the prophecy you mentioned is concerned with the Messiah, even the prophet didn't really didn't fully understand what it meant. Now we know that what he was describing was the incarnation, the eternal Son of God being made flesh. It's and understatement that the prophets really didn't see this one coming but apparently it was the plan all along.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
THe bible says that the Lord is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:17 Whats that mean

It means just what it says: God (the Lord) is the Spirit

The second person of the Trinity is a Son and a Father. He is a Son of the One whom He calls His Father. Yet, although we do not usually refer to Him as Father, He certainly is a Father in His role as Creator and Sustainer of all life both physically, and spiritually. John 1:3; Hebrews 1:3; Hebrews 2:13

Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus Christ said:

John 10:27-30 (KJV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand. 30 I and [my] Father are one.

It's important to understand the basics of the Holy Trinity. Jesus Christ IS GOD, one with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Your answer is in the Holy Trinity. Jesus Christ was also known as "The Word":

John 1:14 (KJV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Philippians 2:5-8 (KJV)
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It's Yah the only God that exists .

Isaiah 9:6 is one of my favourited verses it says :

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

child is born = flesh
son is given = Son of God , he is given by God as sacrifice to atone for sins , he is given because he is not created he is eternal just like Father but incarnated in body of man
The mighty God = the only true God Yah
The everlasting Father = because Scriptures says only God the Father is salvation ( for example. Psalms 49:15 )

There are Psalms which show God the Father talking to God the Son and God the Holy Spirit , these three are one and are called Godhead in the Bible (" For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one".)

So when Jesus Christ was born , he was in God the Father and Father in him and he had Spirit of God , he was in perfect communion it is still one God tho .
It had to be that way because only perfect God can exist or there could be something better than him.
God would need to be perfect love which means
a) he has to love somebody which is just as eternal as him because he has to love him always because he is always existing himself
b) he has to have ability to choose to love something over something else that means Godhead must have at least 3 parts/persons or how you want to describe it in your own words .

So these three are together almost always but one time .
That's why for example Jesus said in John 3:3
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

He was both In heaven and on earth while talking to people .
So yes Jesus is the Father too ,was incarnated in human body and risen from grave in incorruptable body .

The only time when Jesus was separated from God was when he was dying on cross , because he was suffering in place of you and bearing your punishment and your separation from God which you deserved so you don't have to suffer yourself if you believe what he has done for you . That's when he said

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

And Isaiah 53 answers us why

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

To sum up . The LORD (YHWH) is Spirit , is Father and is the Son of God .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Your asking questions about verses and what they mean, but not defining what it is you believe to be a Heresy?

What is it that makes you believe that these verses are a possible Heresy?

In relation to what, do you believe these verses are Heresy?

At this point, for us to give you an answer, we have to know what it is you are thinking about when you read these verses.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your asking questions about verses and what they mean, but not defining what it is you believe to be a Heresy?

What is it that makes you believe that these verses are a possible Heresy?

In relation to what, do you believe these verses are Heresy?

At this point, for us to give you an answer, we have to know what it is you are thinking about when you read these verses.
No i dont think its heresy. I posted these same scriptures and questions in another thread and people started talking about heresy. I would like for them to demonstrate how its heresy.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus Christ said:

John 10:27-30 (KJV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand. 30 I and [my] Father are one.

It's important to understand the basics of the Holy Trinity. Jesus Christ IS GOD, one with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Your answer is in the Holy Trinity. Jesus Christ was also known as "The Word":

John 1:14 (KJV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Philippians 2:5-8 (KJV)
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
No, that doesnt exactly answer the question of heresy, neither does it directly answer the other questions.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It means just what it says: God (the Lord) is the Spirit

The second person of the Trinity is a Son and a Father. He is a Son of the One whom He calls His Father. Yet, although we do not usually refer to Him as Father, He certainly is a Father in His role as Creator and Sustainer of all life both physically, and spiritually. John 1:3; Hebrews 1:3; Hebrews 2:13

It's Yah the only God that exists .

Isaiah 9:6 is one of my favourited verses it says :

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

child is born = flesh
son is given = Son of God , he is given by God as sacrifice to atone for sins , he is given because he is not created he is eternal just like Father but incarnated in body of man
The mighty God = the only true God Yah
The everlasting Father = because Scriptures says only God the Father is salvation ( for example. Psalms 49:15 )

There are Psalms which show God the Father talking to God the Son and God the Holy Spirit , these three are one and are called Godhead in the Bible (" For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one".)

So when Jesus Christ was born , he was in God the Father and Father in him and he had Spirit of God , he was in perfect communion it is still one God tho .
It had to be that way because only perfect God can exist or there could be something better than him.
God would need to be perfect love which means
a) he has to love somebody which is just as eternal as him because he has to love him always because he is always existing himself
b) he has to have ability to choose to love something over something else that means Godhead must have at least 3 parts/persons or how you want to describe it in your own words .

So these three are together almost always but one time .
That's why for example Jesus said in John 3:3
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

He was both In heaven and on earth while talking to people .
So yes Jesus is the Father too ,was incarnated in human body and risen from grave in incorruptable body .

The only time when Jesus was separated from God was when he was dying on cross , because he was suffering in place of you and bearing your punishment and your separation from God which you deserved so you don't have to suffer yourself if you believe what he has done for you . That's when he said

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

And Isaiah 53 answers us why

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

To sum up . The LORD (YHWH) is Spirit , is Father and is the Son of God .

Thank you.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God is one in Essence - "what" God is. There is only One God.

God exists in three Divine Persons - the Father (who is the Source), the Son (who is the eternally-begotten Logos/Word), and the Holy Spirit (who eternally proceeds - as a breath does).

The Father is not the Son is not the Holy Spirit. They are distinct, not overlapping, not confused. They are Divine, co-eternal.

The early Christians were Trinitarian. These things are codified in detail in the Nicene-Constantinople Creed, which was developed contra heresies which had arisen.

To deny what the Creed states, is by definition heresy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is one in Essence - "what" God is. There is only One God.

God exists in three Divine Persons - the Father (who is the Source), the Son (who is the eternally-begotten Logos/Word), and the Holy Spirit (who eternally proceeds - as a breath does).

The Father is not the Son is not the Holy Spirit. They are distinct, not overlapping, not confused. They are Divine, co-eternal.

The early Christians were Trinitarian. These things are codified in detail in the Nicene-Constantinople Creed, which was developed contra heresies which had arisen.

To deny what the Creed states, is by definition heresy.
Are you saying the scriptures i posted are heresy?

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you saying the scriptures i posted are heresy?

No - Scriptures are never heresy - just misunderstood. The Scriptures you posted have been explained to you at least three times. What are you confused about?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No - Scriptures are never heresy - just misunderstood. The Scriptures you posted have been explained to you at least three times. What are you confused about?
Im confused as to why you didn't answer my questions but are now criticising me.

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Im confused as to why you didn't answer my questions but are now criticising me.

I answered your questions, but you are now criticising me and others who also answered your questions. Go back and read them again.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I answered your questions, but you are now criticising me and others who also answered your questions. Go back and read them again.
I got many different kinds of replies. Exactly what post did i miss? I was busy looking for answers to my questions but instead got a lot of stuff about the creed.

Upvote 0