✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The impression I get is >

The people objecting say Jesus is played by a woman. And they say this character does "salacious" things and behaves as the "romantic foil" of the street-smart woman who has a Jesus fetish.

Paris Jackson plays Jesus. And Bella Thorne plays the street-smart woman who fakes being a nun in order to hide after there was a drug deal that went violent. And they have a lot of rock stars in the movie. And yes even a secular source says she has a Jesus fetish.

Paris is supposed to be a "foil" of Bella, which I think means she somehow is different than Bella, in a way to bring out how Bella's personality is. A foil is like the frame of a picture, then. So, because Paris is bringing out how Bella is as a female, I can see why the Jesus character would be female. And the film is not trying to represent Jesus but how Bella the street woman is experiencing Jesus.

So, I see the possibility that the offense could be not that they are misrepresenting Him, but that they are not bothering to try to. Or, instead of taking it as being offensive, we could get a message of how people worldly can have no close-to-accurate idea of who and how Jesus is. They can make Him in their own image . . . like some number of us also can do. And what we are doing might be more offensive to God, than the film is, for all I know.

So, I need to pray, myself, about how God sees me. Oh yeah, and I can make women seem the way I want them to be, now that I think of it. I am the one who can misrepresent people to myself . . . and not even know this . . . I am noticing, now. Only God can change me from so fooling myself.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It looks like the linked website is for a group who monitors movies and tries to stop ones which are outrightly anti-Christian. So, I would think that site article is not a hoax.

And various websites are talking about the movie; so I would say it is not a hoax to say there is a movie like this.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paris is supposed to be a "foil" of Bella, which I think means she somehow is different than Bella, in a way to bring out how Bella's personality is. A foil is like the frame of a picture, then. So, because Paris is bringing out how Bella is as a female, I can see why the Jesus character would be female. And the film is not trying to represent Jesus but how Bella the street woman is experiencing Jesus.

So, I see the possibility that the offense could be not that they are misrepresenting Him, but that they are not bothering to try to.
My gut feeling is most people on the street don’t think thru a movie like this.

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian