Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
How do you know God's will is not for you to build the same ark that he told Noah to build in Genesis?

How do you know God's will is not for you to follow the Law of Moses like he told the Jews to?
God's will is for a person to believe the testimony of Jesus Christ. God's will is also to depart of inquity.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
because He hasn't told me to do those things. God's will is for a person to believe the testimony of Jesus Christ. God's will is also to depart of inquity.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's will is for a person to believe the testimony of Jesus Christ. God's will is also to depart of inquity.

So you do accept that certain instructions were directed to a different group of people during a different period of time correct?

You are rightly dividing the word of truth then. That is dispensationalism. :amen:

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

thomas15

Be Thou my vision
Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2019
Lehighton
✟57,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The question that one needs to answer is not is Covenant Theology the best or is Dispensationalism correct or whatever. The question is what does the Bible teach?

You are not going to get the answer to that question on a chit-chat forum. Sorry if that offends.

Our blessed Lord told us to go forth and make disciples. That is job one. If you are satisfied in your mind and in conjunction with your searching the Scriptures for the truth that you can do your absolute best job making disciples with a personal theology that doesn't think that Jesus could return at any moment or that the words of the Bible are not really to be taken literally, then stay the course.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am going to be brave, or maybe stupid, and say I haven't studied heavily on Dispensationalism. I have found it and those who spout it without love to be objectional. I come from a background of experiancing Scottish sectarian hatred because of my parents being a mixed catholic/protestant marriage. I have grown up being intolerant of such things, even when they came from brothers in Christ.
I am not a catholic, but I am a traditional born again christian. I believe 100% in the unaltered and perfect Word of God.
My argument here is that we do not need to get tied into such dispensational and/or sectarian debates. Our focus should be on bringing souls to the Kingdom of God before the end days realy kicks in.
I am open to thoughtful ideas...

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, the Two Peoples of God doctrine of modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

The New Covenant: Bob George

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So you do exclude certain instructions from the Scripture, because you are sure those are not directed to you right?

If your answer is a yes, you are a dispensationalist.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question that one needs to answer is not is Covenant Theology the best or is Dispensationalism correct or whatever. The question is what does the Bible teach?

You are not going to get the answer to that question on a chit-chat forum. Sorry if that offends.

Our blessed Lord told us to go forth and make disciples. That is job one. If you are satisfied in your mind and in conjunction with your searching the Scriptures for the truth that you can do your absolute best job making disciples with a personal theology that doesn't think that Jesus could return at any moment or that the words of the Bible are not really to be taken literally, then stay the course.

He also told us that signs and wonders in Mark 16:17-18 will accompany us too.

He also gave me the power to remit sins in John 20:23

Do I take those instructions literally as well?

Upvote 0

thomas15

Be Thou my vision
Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2019
Lehighton
✟57,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He also told us that signs and wonders in Mark 16:17-18 will accompany us too.

He also gave me the power to remit sins in John 20:23

Do I take those instructions literally as well?

I am truly sorry that you are confused on theses matters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So you do exclude certain instructions from the Scripture, because you are sure those are not directed to you right?

If your answer is a yes, you are a dispensationalist.
I don't think would be wise to exclude any part of Scripture.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God told Noah to build an ark not me.

Yes, you are right. So you do exclude certain instructions from Scripture correct? You are a dispensationalist there.

So what makes you think all the instructions that Jesus told the 12 in the 4 gospels, were also directed to you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am going to be brave, or maybe stupid, and say I haven't studied heavily on Dispensationalism. I have found it and those who spout it without love to be objectional. I come from a background of experiancing Scottish sectarian hatred because of my parents being a mixed catholic/protestant marriage. I have grown up being intolerant of such things, even when they came from brothers in Christ.
I am not a catholic, but I am a traditional born again christian. I believe 100% in the unaltered and perfect Word of God.
My argument here is that we do not need to get tied into such dispensational and/or sectarian debates. Our focus should be on bringing souls to the Kingdom of God before the end days realy kicks in.
I am open to thoughtful ideas...

There is an Old Testament and a New Testament
There is an old covenant, and there is a New Covenant.
To understand that these are not the same, is to see a "difference".. This is to see the dispensation.
All this word means, is that we understand that the Bible, is "from the beginning to the end".
Thats one long dispensation....YET, God does different things at different times, during this entire dispensation......and when we see these differences, we refer to them as different dispensations.
You could call them different seasons...... its all the same idea.
For example, we are now in the Time of the Gentiles. So, isn't this different then the Great Tribulation?
= 2 different dispensations.
Another would be, from Adam, to Moses. That is a different situation, as the LAW was not given.
So, that season, that time period from Adam to Moses, is shown to be a different situation, then from Moses to the Cross.
This is a dispensation. Its just a word that describes that something different was going on during different parts of the bible, as God was dealing with man.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, you are right. So you do exclude certain instructions from Scripture correct? You are a dispensationalist there.

So what makes you think all the instructions that Jesus told the 12 in the 4 gospels, were also directed to you?
Well I am unsure how we got into this discussion, I was under the assumption that a dispensationlist was one who believed the world was on God's timetable.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I am unsure how we got into this discussion, I was under the assumption that a dispensationlist was one who believed the world was on God's timetable.

We are trying to discuss whether every Christian is a dispensationalist, even if he may not think so.

We ignore certain instructions found in the Bible and we accept others

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
We are trying to discuss whether every Christian is a dispensationalist, even if he may not think so.

We ignore certain instructions found in the Bible and we accept others
Well the Bible is the true history of man. You can not ignore certain parts of the Bible and just do what is easy.

Upvote 0