• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is this cheating on God?

Mar 24, 2005
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is one thing.
You know if you do it, then it will save you a lot of trouble and time.
Also, you know even if you do it, this will not hurt or affect anyone. No one.
However, you know God doesn't like you doing this because it is kinda dishonest.

What would you do? Would you do it to save yourself some time and trouble?
Or would you just follow God's will?

If I really do it, do you think I am cheating on God?? But it wouldn't affect or hurt anyone.

So What should I do??

I am currently stuck in this situation and struggling.

Please help!! Please!

SavedByTheShoes

Mar 24, 2005
us
Visit site
✟675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
alot of times we think something wont effect or hurt anyone and it does. and if i t doesnt effect anyone else it will still hurt you. sinning pulls farther from god and closer to jesus. its hard not to do it but youll be prouder of yourself if you aviod it rather if you do it. just think of it as either working for god or working for satan.

Upvote 0

mmreed

... by His wounds you are healed!
Feb 25, 2005
✟8,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
peace_ful_life2001 said:
There is one thing.
You know if you do it, then it will save you a lot of trouble and time.
Also, you know even if you do it, this will not hurt or affect anyone. No one.
However, you know God doesn't like you doing this because it is kinda dishonest.

What would you do? Would you do it to save yourself some time and trouble?
Or would you just follow God's will?

If I really do it, do you think I am cheating on God?? But it wouldn't affect or hurt anyone.

So What should I do??

I am currently stuck in this situation and struggling.

Please help!! Please!

KINDA DISHONEST... well theres your answer. If its dishonest, it is not something you should do.

But to discuss more indepth, you may need to provide more info.

Upvote 0

Endearing lil Influenza

Everything begins with "E"
Oct 26, 2003
Australia
Visit site
✟10,887.00
Faith
Christian
I know what you mean... it really is a hard struggle...I struggle with it from time to time and at times I do fall...

I know my friends would tell me something like "God's way is the best way"... and "have faith in God"

(I wish it would be a bit easier though :D)

Upvote 0

cracked_pelicans

Senior Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
✟3,137.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's tough to offer specific advice, without knowing the details. But, here are some of my thoughts that you might consider.

It sounds cliche, but ask yourself what would Jesus do? We are called to be Christ-like in all of our dealings. If Jesus would do it, go right ahead!

We can't be dishonest and love God. God has promised to provide everything we need. Perhaps by doing this thing, you are not relying on God and you are removing an opportunity for him to provide for, and in turn for you to rely on him.

Are you sure there is no chance of anyone else discovering this deed? Remember, we need to retain our integrity in order to bring those to Christ who don't yet know him.

Of course, if you are worried about the previous question (whether or not someone will "catch" you), then it's probably a bad idea.

In Jesus own words (Luke 16:10, emphasis added):
“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."

Look into your heart, and see if Jesus is describing you with those words.

Upvote 0