• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Is this acceptable as an Orthodox catechumen?

Discussion in 'St. Basil the Great's Hall' started by Melily, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Melily

Melily Member

+102
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    *Orthodox Topic*
    I had a situation at a home visit for one of my patients yesterday and wanted to get some insight from people here if possible.
    As I was preparing to leave my patient’s home she asked if she could pray for me so I said yes. She is a very kind and devout Protestant and held my hand prayed for me to be protected in my work helping others. It wasn’t until later in the day that I started to wonder if as a catechumen there might be an issue with this. Forgive me if it’s an ignorant question as I still have a lot to learn. All I said was Amen at the end of the prayer. I appreciated her caring for me in that manner and it would have felt rude to refuse. I also think it was her way of showing appreciation for my help.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+15,692
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    no, nothing wrong as a catechumen. usually when that happens to me, I pray on my own or afterwards if someone else is praying.

3. Melily

Melily Member

+102
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Thank you! May I ask if you pray an Orthodox prayer with the other person or just one on your own after leaving their company? It was an interesting experience. Although I’m very familiar with the Protestant free flowing way of praying I feel I’m already becoming more accustomed to the Orthodox prayer and it seems better for me.

4. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+15,692
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    if I can pray I do. if someone else prays I will stand respectfully, but I won't bow my head or anything like that.