Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Then it doesn't sound like a DWB case. More like a DWWAH case. (Driving while wearing a hat). After all, you said you almost never got pulled over when you stopped wearing a hat. You didn't stop being black, but you didn't get pulled over anymore. I don't know where you live, but perhaps wearing a baseball cap (especially backwards) is akin to gang activity in your area.
When you are white and wearing a baseball cap it does not seem to have the same effect. As noted by some of my white friends who I have spoken to about it. None of them seem to have had any problems driving with a baseball cap. I guess I can see the connection though. Brown skin, baseball cap, must be in a gang, or at least selling drugs right? Can't be too careful when it comes to brown skinned kids wearing baseball caps.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When you are white and wearing a baseball cap it does not seem to have the same effect. As noted by some of my white friends who I have spoken to about it. None of them seem to have had any problems driving with a baseball cap. I guess I can see the connection though. Brown skin, baseball cap, must be in a gang, or at least selling drugs right? Can't be too careful when it comes to brown skinned kids wearing baseball caps.

Like I said, I don't know where you live and what kind of activities and culture you have there. Some places have a lot of gang activity, with gang members dressing a certain way to identify themselves to each other. Maybe baseball caps worn that way are one of those "dress codes". Where I live, the only gangs I know about are asian, and I don't think baseball caps are part of the way they dress.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If I were you, I would have filed a report against him for it.
If I did that I would really be a target then. They don't like that stuff. While being man-handled during a search one of my buddies jokingly said "hey, what's your badge number?" the cop just said "how would you like if I just kick your a** instead" but he could have been kidding too he didn't sound like it and he was choking him with his night stick when he said it so I thought he was serious. I just kept my mouth shut and looked down at the ground from there.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If I did that I would really be a target then. They don't like that stuff. While being man-handled during a search one of my buddies jokingly said "hey, what's your badge number?" the cop just said "how would you like if I just kick your a** instead" but he could have been kidding too he didn't sound like it and he was choking him with his night stick when he said it so I thought he was serious. I just kept my mouth shut and looked down at the ground from there.

If the cop had a bodycam or their car had a dashcam, it would tell a more complete story for you if you filed a report. Then they wouldn't have to just take your word for what happened.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Like I said, I don't know where you live and what kind of activities and culture you have there. Some places have a lot of gang activity, with gang members dressing a certain way to identify themselves to each other. Maybe baseball caps worn that way are one of those "dress codes". Where I live, the only gangs I know about are asian, and I don't think baseball caps are part of the way they dress.
I'm sorry, I don't care who does what. Being a person of color with a baseball cap on does not make you an automatic suspect.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry, I don't care who does what. Being a person of color with a baseball cap on does not make you an automatic suspect.

Again, I was talking about the baseball cap, not your color.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Again, I was talking about the baseball cap, not your color.
And again I'm saying whites don't have a problem with getting pulled over for wearing a baseball cap :wave:

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And again I'm saying whites don't have a problem with getting pulled over for wearing a baseball cap :wave:

They do if they're doing something that would cause the cop to pull them over.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
They do if they're doing something that would cause the cop to pull them over.
Then they wouldn't be getting pulled over for wearing a baseball cap now would they?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Then they wouldn't be getting pulled over for wearing a baseball cap now would they?

Is that what they told you they pulled you over for?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Is that what they told you they pulled you over for?
Most of the time I have never been given a reason when I have been pulled over, especially in those days. One time he said it was because my license plate light was out. At the time I didn't even know I had one of those. I never bothered to ask because it just [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]es them off and they man handle you more than just pat you down or they slam you against the car instead of letting you put your hands on it.. I just keep my mouth shut and wait for them to finish whatever they are going to do. I never had anything on me like drugs or guns or warrants so I knew I would be let go if I didn't give them any lip. Sometimes my passenger would give them lip and get a split lip or get roughed up. I knew better.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Most of the time I have never been given a reason when I have been pulled over, especially in those days. One time he said it was because my license plate light was out. At the time I didn't even know I had one of those. I never bothered to ask because it just [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] them off and they man handle you more than just pat you down or they slam you against the car instead of letting you put your hands on it.. I just keep my mouth shut and wait for them to finish whatever they are going to do. I never had anything on me like drugs or guns or warrants so I knew I would be let go if I didn't give them any lip. Sometimes my passenger would give them lip and get a split lip or get roughed up. I knew better.

It sounds like your passenger might have been the cause of what happened to you. When someone in a group starts causing problems and escalates a situation, then the cops end up on a heightened state of alert and have to be more forceful with everyone until they can figure out if there's something wrong being done by someone in that group.

If you ever have such a situation happen now, I'd suggest reporting it and have the bodycam/dashcam footage reviewed. It's been done before and has made the news.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It sounds like your passenger might have been the cause of what happened to you. When someone in a group starts causing problems and escalates a situation, then the cops end up on a heightened state of alert and have to be more forceful with everyone until they can figure out if there's something wrong being done by someone in that group.

If you ever have such a situation happen now, I'd suggest reporting it and have the bodycam/dashcam footage reviewed. It's been done before and has made the news.
Yeah fortunate for the cops they didn't have any of that back then.And for the record, I don't think my buddy deserved to get his head slammed against the hood of the car for asking "what seemed to be the problem officer?" while not resisting.
Through experience, I have learned what areasvto stay away from and I usually drive solo or with a lady, seldom to never with three or more passengers

Upvote 0