Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IME, the crowd most turned off by the "victim class mentality" is one of the groups most likely to act like victims by crying about immigrants, feminists, or the "lame-stream media". The only difference is that they can't admit to themselves that they're victims. (and in some ways, their victim status is legitimate)
Also part of victim class mentality.

The victim class knows no boundaries.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yep, it's all about slavery. Just ignore Jim Crow and the racial discrimination that is still statistically demonstrable, there is no racism in America. :tutu:

I love the focus on 1864 as if 1964 never happened.

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Whoa...we're talking about being wrongly shot by a cop. Clearly, your odds of being struck by lightning increase if you go play 18 holes of golf in a thunderstorm...and your odds of being shot increase if you point a gun at a cop or otherwise attack him.
Has there been much outrage over being "wrongly shot by a cop" when the person who got shot "point[ed]a a gun at a cop or otherwise attack[ed] him"?
I'm not from the US, but from my external perspective, it seems to be the instances of being "wrongly shot by a cop" where people weren't pointing a gun or attacking police that seem to be the issue.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,955.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I'll take the trade...at least when I get pulled over or detained I can claim "racism!" and everyone will automatically believe me.

Then I just need to file a lawsuit against the city/police department and get paid.

The conviction rate of black's versus that of police officers would seem to evidence the exact opposite conclusion.

Upvote 0

Church2u2

Aug 9, 2016
Georgia
✟15,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To say that they were "kidnapped" is a bit misleading. Sure, there was a tiny number of blacks kidnapped by white slavers...but the vast majority were sold by black African slavers. They were already slaves before whites ever showed up.
Yes. You're right .Africans sold Africans to the whites but some were also kidnapped.Slavery existed in Africa before the whites showed up.I know a bit of that history but I was typing so fast that my fingers may have out run my brain that time.I certainly wouldn't want to "mislead" anyone.I'm always open to discussions though.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems that there are indications of a Black Privilege in our society when black people are allowed to say things that are inflammatory, but are dismissed as only trying to "get a conversation going". If a white person were to say the same thing, it is considered inflammatory or derogatory or even meant to be provocative.

When the black community feels they are "excluded" in some way, then it becomes known very quickly. But if the black community wants to say that lives matter, but only mention that black ones matter, it's seen as ok. If a white person counters with a slogan that is all-inclusive, we see this: https://pjmedia.com/video/guy-brings-all-lives-matter-sign-into-black-neighborhood-gets-beaten-up/

So that's too provocative? If that's the case, then why is it ok for a black person to be provocative by outright calling white people racist? http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loc...cle_008f6162-8c92-11e6-9c6a-476284be4f62.html

I wonder why the university doesn't force this guy to turn his shirt inside out like someone simply wearing a shirt that asserts a constitutional right: http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/05/13/family-sues-after-student-arrested-wearing-nra-t-shirt-school

It seems that wearing a shirt calling an entire group of people "racist" based on nothing more than their skin color is considered to be "getting a conversation" while at the same time, it's inflammatory to wear a shirt that celebrates a freedom all Americans enjoy. So is holding a sign that simply states that ALL lives matter.

Perhaps blacks enjoy priviledges in this country that people of other skin colors do not?
Sounds like you wish you were a black man in America.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It isn't ironic when you consider most of the white people who voted for him were progressive, liberal younger persons who want to dissociate themselves from the very racist climate of America that has existed since the beginning - being tired of the generational/parental hypocrisy and ignorance.

So all white people aren't racist as was being claimed?

And, considering Obama''s opponents, the election was given to him (both times.)

Then he wasn't all that qualified to be president after all, it seems. You're saying he didn't actually earn it. It was given to him (both times.) Some people would say that you are being racist by making such a claim, which only goes to prove my original point.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So all white people aren't racist as was being claimed?

Then he wasn't all that qualified to be president after all, it seems. You're saying he didn't actually earn it. It was given to him (both times.) Some people would say that you are being racist by making such a claim, which only goes to prove my original point.

Oh, ok.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That may be true (it may not) BUT (big butt) we have something in our system called "due process" meaning you should be taken to jail, not executed in the street like the film Judge Dread

Correct. My personal opinion is two issues at work with police shootings. The first is there are truly cops that want to kill and hurt people. IMO this is a very small minority of police officers but even a very small number is too much.

The second issue may be cops are too reliant on their firearms to deal with stressful encounters. If a police officer feels threatened they will use their sidearm more often if they are physically unfit, or overmatched physically (weaker) than who they are facing. Most of these shootings, if memory serves, involves one police officer matched against one or more people. Whatever happened to partners on the police force?

I knew a local police officer well a few years ago. Our kids went to the same school and played in the same sports leagues. He was shot and killed last year in a shootout serving a warrant to a local drug kingpin.

He once told me most officers who experience perpetrators on PCP are more prone to draw their sidearm on routine stops. He said it takes just one super human drugged person to change how you approach a situation.

Now the above is no excuse for some of the incompetence we've seen reported, but gives us an idea that what these cops face every day can be challenging and very dangerous.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Correct. My personal opinion is two issues at work with police shootings. The first is there are truly cops that want to kill and hurt people. IMO this is a very small minority of police officers but even a very small number is too much.

The second issue may be cops are too reliant on their firearms to deal with stressful encounters. If a police officer feels threatened they will use their sidearm more often if they are physically unfit, or overmatched physically (weaker) than who they are facing. Most of these shootings, if memory serves, involves one police officer matched against one or more people. Whatever happened to partners on the police force?

I knew a local police officer well a few years ago. Our kids went to the same school and played in the same sports leagues. He was shot and killed last year in a shootout serving a warrant to a local drug kingpin.

He once told me most officers who experience perpetrators on PCP are more prone to draw their sidearm on routine stops. He said it takes just one super human drugged person to change how you approach a situation.

Now the above is no excuse for some of the incompetence we've seen reported, but gives us an idea that what these cops face every day can be challenging and very dangerous.

Right and I don;t think most cops are looking for a black person to shoot. One of the issues is from a study I heard about, police are looking at a persons face when they are assessing if the person is a danger, That makes sense as an instinct so we can read how the person is reacting. The problem this study said was that the police were not also looking at the person's hand(s) to see if they had a weapon. They were reacting purely off facial expression. Add to that unconscious racial bias and you have a problem of police shootings going on in an unbalanced way.

I think police should know they are protected if they need to defend themselves with deadly force. They also should have it in the forefront of their minds how serious it is and be aware that their actions will be scrutinized. I feel it should be by an independent authority with the police officers having the reports and opinions of their superiors/supervisors regarding their performance of duties and the protection of the union and if need be union provided lawyers. I just don't think all the scrutiny should be done in house to avoid cover ups and mismanagement of negligent behavior which happens so often now.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That may be true (it may not) BUT (big butt) we have something in our system called "due process" meaning you should be taken to jail, not executed in the street like the film Judge Dread

What if the suspect points a gun at the officer, or makes a sudden move as if reaching for a gun ? What should the officer do in that case?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
What if the suspect points a gun at the officer, or makes a sudden move as if reaching for a gun ? What should the officer do in that case?
Of course there will be situations will a police officer will need to pull out and even discharge his or her weapon. I do not know in exactly which situations they are trained to fire their weapon. Is someone reaching for a wallet or a gun? The officer saw a gun or the suspect indicated they had a and they went for it. I'm sure they did the right thing. A suspect reaches for his wallet and getsseven or eight rounds to the chest? Maybe something got missed.

The real question is I guess are they trained to shoot when they see a gun or when somebody makes a sudden motion? Sometimes there is a shooting when neither have happened. That was not following training at all.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol I see...

So had the white europeans not shown up, all the africans would've been holding hands and singing songs of peace and love lol. I suppose that's one way to look at it...
And if those Irish had worked out as slaves.....

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you click the link of the person making and selling hoodies on a university campus, and then getting a favorable story written about him by the media, is being educated at a university (maybe they're the ones teaching this stuff), it doesn't seem that he's being "targeted" by anyone as you have asserted.

You didn't answer the question. Would you rather be black so that you'd have the freedom to use the n-word?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jim Crow laws ended 51 years ago, just FYI.

The laws ended, the attitude and nostalgia for them did not, and there are people today who will get away with them when possible. Even in these forums there is a correspondent who has boasted of it.

Upvote 0