Batavia
✟16,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know it may be a lot to read, but I would really apreciate someone taking the time to read this. It’s really important to me.

So this all begins when I started really growing close with God and spending the majority of my time with him and I felt God was telling me or at least hinting that something was going to happen (too much to get into the details of what that something is) and I started getting scared that I was going crazy, thinking that this thing would actually happen. So one night at around 3AM, I prayed to God and prayed to him over my confusion of if he was actually speaking to me or if I was just crazy. I asked God to give me a sign of a rainbow if he was actually speaking to me and that this thing would actually happen. Right after praying, I was about to go to bed but I had a thought to check TikTok and that my sign would be there. I went onto TikTok and the first video was a dude with rainbow hair. I wanted to be hesitant and just call it a coincidence and kept scrolling through TikTok, seeing the colors of the rainbow in about more than half of the videos but I still wanted to be hesitant. I then went on Instagram and Facebook and saw a bunch of posts with rainbows as well. I still really wanted to be hesitant. I ended up staying up all night. And prayed to God again, asking him to show me not just a rainbow or colors of the rainbow on my phone but a rainbow in the real world and I asked for it to be a double rainbow this time. Shortly after praying, at around 10:00 AM I looked up and saw a double rainbow on my bedroom wall from the light shining through a bent window blind.I had never noticed that before and I instantly just knew it was a for sure sign but now I have doubts from time to time. I think it's a sign because the Bible says that God knows every hair on our head, that even the smallest details are in his divine control. And if God was to put that double rainbow there, it was in my own private room and would only be seen by me, if there was a purpose to that double rainbow then it's only purpose was for me to see it. Also, my room is a dorm room that I was randomly placed in. What are the chances that would be placed in that specific room with that specific window blind being bent to align with the position of the sun in just the right way to show a double rainbow on the day I ask God to show me a double rainbow. If anyone has any experience or knowledge of God showing signs or any advice on how to determine if this was truly a sign from God or not. It would be much
appreciated!

Gldgood

Jan 2, 2021
Batavia
✟16,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To me, it seems like God is giving you a sign. However, it would be good to know what you believe he is saying to you through it. Could you tell us what the something is you are believing for?
Well basically, I think God is telling me that a guy I’m friends with is going to be my future husband. Crazy, I know

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,352.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well basically I’m pretty sure that God is telling me that a guy I’m friends with is going to be my future husband. Crazy, I know

What I would say, is just be careful. I had a situation some years ago where I asked God to bring a certain person into my life, he did, but I acted rashly and told the person "I felt God was saying we were to be married", it scared them off, and we never married.

Just be aware God may very well be giving you a green light, but just be careful, there is the possibility in these things that things will not work out if we make mistakes, or the other person is not as willing as us.

Upvote 0

Gldgood

Jan 2, 2021
Batavia
✟16,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What I would say, is just be careful. I had a situation some years ago where I asked God to bring a certain person into my life, he did, but I acted rashly and told the person "I felt God was saying we were to be married", it scared them off, and we never married.

Just be aware God may very well be giving you a green light, but just be careful, there is the possibility in these things that things will not work out if we make mistakes, or the other person is not as willing as us.
I agree. I’ve only told a close friend and some of my family for that very reason

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,050.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you in fellowship?

I usually wait for 5 things to line up...

Confirmation from scripture, confirmation from the Body of Christ, personal peace, reasonableness after discussion, circumstances align.

Have you shared your situation with a mature believer in your church?

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Gldgood

Jan 2, 2021
Batavia
✟16,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you in fellowship?

Confirmation from scripture, confirmation from the Body of Christ, personal peace, reasonableness after discussion, circumstances align.

I have a few close Christian friends that I have shared this with but outside of peers, I don’t really have anyone else to go to, especially since covid.

Upvote 0

Gldgood

Jan 2, 2021
Batavia
✟16,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you in fellowship?

Could you elaborate what you mean by confirmation by the body of Christ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,050.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should you feel matters are peacefully aligning - what will be the next move?

Just to say - He definitely can guide quite specifically in these matters.

36 years ago my wife was spoken to by Him about marrying me - we hardly knew one-another.

Everyones story is unique but for us it was confirmed dramatically in a variety of ways.

I had waited 10 years for the wrong lady and He cut right across the matter.

Just keep seeking peaceful confirmation together with others and see what unfolds.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i would check God's word rather than follow signs! i think this was a very important lesson in my life. For when we look for signs we are bound to end up with the sign of Jonah, three days in the belly of the fish.

i have learned to understand that the Living Word lives within us and we get into contact with Him when we love God and neighbour in deed and love His truth. i found that the Living Word is the safest guide we could possibly get for He is in the Spirit of love and truth just as our God truly is. Loving truth!

i have had signs of God in the past and began to rely on signs before i would make a decision but got a few very cold shower doing that and have learned the hard way never to ask for signs or wonders again and found security in The Living Word living in my heart.

Isaiah 55:8-13
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.
Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the Lord’s renown,
for an everlasting sign,
that will endure forever.”

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0