• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is this a part of my OCD? Superstitious?

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have suffered with OCD for a very long time since I was probably 12. I am now in my 20s. i've overcome a lot of intrusive thoughts and a lot of anxiety, but every once in a while there is an intrusive thought that I can't shake right now I'm just trying to make sure that this is not a real situation . So I got a tattoo when I was like 18 Not saved or anything at this point. When the guy asked me what the tattoo meant I told him it was for my sister who had died that was a lie. It was for me and my boyfriend. The tattoo read S&S which actually stood for Sarah and Sean (our names) I don't know why my instinct was to lie but I did. At the same time I also did not have a sister, A few years later my father got married and now I do have a sister... i'm constantly wondering if she would die because of me lying and saying I had a sister who died. Something that I made up a lie about along time ago... help?! Superstitious OCD? Or is this something that could be a real issue it's very hard to tell the difference with OCD most of the time
I think its just your OCD dear. Your sister will be fine.

Upvote 0