• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

is this a mockery? please help me to calm down.

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes, I turn on the boiler to have hot water. And then, I close it but sometimes I forget if I close it or not.

I decided to brush my teeth and I started wondering if I turned off the boiler or not. I was thinking to check but ocd stopped me.

ocd: do not check if the boiler is turned off. you may have made a promise not to check.

I calmed myself down and I was thinking to check later when ocd would calm down. I knew everything were thoughts without my will.

While brushing my teeth, I was thinking that I will need to open the water to wash my mouth. If there is a chance that I left the boiler on, hot water will come out. If I turned off the boiler, it will be cold cause I remember using all the hot water hours ago, when I took a bath. ocd was like

ocd: go check to see if the boiler is turned on or not!

ocd2: do not go to check to see if the boiler is turned on or not cause you may have made a promise to God.

ocd1: go do it! if you do not check the boiler, you will understand when you turn on the water and maybe that will count as a mockery to God. like avoiding doing a certain action but doing it in another way.

I calmed my self by saying that maybe I will check it later.

after brushing my teeth, I turned on the water and I figured that the water was cold, so that meant that the boiler was turned off.

ocd started giving me worries

ocd: what have you done? why? why you did not go check the boiler? even if ocd was not letting you. because you figured that the boiler was off by feeling the water. it is like doing the action without doing it. no checking the boiler, due to ocd, but checking the water. maybe that counts like mockery! maybe you mocked God.

• Prayers
Reactions: Kenny'sID

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, you didn't mock God. What you did is reasonable. Instead of going to check the boiler, you checked the water. You were right by the water. That makes sense. You trusted your memory enough to not walk all the way and check the boiler, instead you checked the water. Be at peace, that is progress. You don't have to be perfect, progress is good.

• Winner
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0