• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Is this a good time to take a cruise to the Bahamas?

Discussion in 'Community Hangout' started by Johnboy53, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Johnboy53

Johnboy53 Looking For Interesting News.

+2,018
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    With the Coronavirus would you go on this cruise?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tampasteve

tampasteve Lutheran Messianic Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,735
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I don't see why not. Almost all of those leave from the USA and there have been very few cases from here, and none on cruises from the Florida ports that I am aware of. I literally just went on a short cruise to Nassau at the end of January.

3. Unofficial Reverand Alex

Unofficial Reverand Alex Look up Jason Evert on YouTube; he changed my life Supporter

+2,065
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    I don't know if the cost of a cruise would make it worth it, especially as Christians are called to abundant generosity; God loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9). But as long as the coronavirus is the main part of what you're asking, I imagine the cruise company would reroute if there were issues with the virus in the area. Such a virus would make a really bad incident for a company, and they likely have steps in place to avoid any sort of infection on people who travel with them.

May we continue to see God's blessings, and may we all pray for healing from this virus!:crosseo:

4. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,532
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    Why not? The virus isn't currently having much affect in the US or Caribbean.

5. tampasteve

+2,735
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Going on a cruise, or any expenditure for one's self, is not mutually exclusive to also giving abundantly. It is not an either-or situation. Judging someone else for how they choose to spend their vacation time and their own money is uncalled for IMO.

6. Unofficial Reverand Alex

Unofficial Reverand Alex Look up Jason Evert on YouTube; he changed my life Supporter

+2,065
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Where did I judge someone? I called into question a particular use of money in a Christian context. If this came off as if I was casting judgement, I apologize to all; for what it's worth, I want to assure you that I mean nothing against any particular people who go on cruises, or anything of the sort. These sorts of questions, of how much should be spent on myself, are questions that I go through with myself, and questions that I think are worth asking.

If I was judging someone for how they spend money, that shuts down conversation; if I am being judged, with others assuming that I'm speaking against someone unjustly, that also shuts down conversation. The purpose of mentioning the use of money in my post, whether any of you choose to believe me or not, was to bring up a question that should lead to better living. There's nothing inherently wrong with going on a cruise, or any other show of wealth, but how do you do it? With gratitude & as a chance to reach out to people, or with pride & vanity? Asking a question as I did is intended to start these sorts of thoughts, and might inspire someone to look to do something greater with their time on a cruise, such as looking for people who may need to talk, or intentionally wearing a shirt with a Bible verse on the back.

May God continue to bless us all!:pray:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. tampasteve

+2,735
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Agree, thanks for the clarification :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,532
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    I'm not sure that going on a cruise qualifies as either a "show of wealth" or as "pride & vanity." In many cases when you take all the costs of a vacation into account a cruise can be the most economical way to vacation. With the exception of alcohol and spending money, everything is included in the price. That price can be much less than what a week ashore would cost, particularly if you book either very early or very late.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. Johnboy53

Johnboy53 Looking For Interesting News.

+2,018
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I'm not going on this trip. It's friend's of mine and they are retired.