Is there way to create troll-proof threads/forums on CF?

The Fire Rises

Via, Veritas, Vita
Jul 19, 2012
United States
✟9,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I use the word "troll-proof" loosely, because this is the internet, and well, no place is truly and utterly safe from those dastardly fiends.

Anyways, I've created my first social group (hooray!). I understand there is a message board to post updates or what have you, but it's a pretty terrible layout to have any sort of in depth discussion.

Is there any way to create a discussion page for your specific group? I am talking about a place where multiple threads/topics can be discussed with multiple people, as opposed to just PMing everybody and waiting for the responses to trickle in.

Failing that, is there any way to post threads that are locked to non-group members? This group would be discussing philosophical/theological/scientific issues that cause more than a little controversy, so I'm afraid that any thread we start will inevitably be stumbled upon by trolls, skeptics or just general hooligans.

Maybe what I'm asking for doesn't really exist, I'm just not that familiar with CF outside of this forum. Thanks to anyone who replies!

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sure there is a way..you create a group and you have your own discussion forum. I was in one a few years ago.

If you having a problem with trolls assign someone as moderator and encourage others to report if there's any trolling. Also use the ignore button. That's all I can think of. Some people post because they are seeking, but sometimes it just turns out they aren't seeking God they are just seeking attention for themselves. It becomes pretty obvious if they keep posting the same things over and over, ignore all the biblical advice given OR derail the threads on a regular basis by going off topic. People who pretend they are something they aren't are the worst. I don't know why people bother..most have so much time on their hands they don't know what to do with so spend it mocking Christians. How fun. (not).

This part of the forum is meant to be christians only anyway.

Upvote 0

The Fire Rises

Via, Veritas, Vita
Jul 19, 2012
United States
✟9,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure there is a way..you create a group and you have your own discussion forum. I was in one a few years ago.

If you having a problem with trolls assign someone as moderator and encourage others to report if there's any trolling. Also use the ignore button. That's all I can think of. Some people post because they are seeking, but sometimes it just turns out they aren't seeking God they are just seeking attention for themselves. It becomes pretty obvious if they keep posting the same things over and over, ignore all the biblical advice given OR derail the threads on a regular basis by going off topic. People who pretend they are something they aren't are the worst. I don't know why people bother..most have so much time on their hands they don't know what to do with so spend it mocking Christians. How fun. (not).

This part of the forum is meant to be christians only anyway.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I've created the group, but there's really no "discussion forum" to speak of. There is a message board to type brief updates and what not, but the format just doesn't work for in-depth discussions.

Maybe I should just ask an admin or some technical wizard here on CF

Upvote 0