Is there such thing as a Creationist who knows what evolution is?

Meatros

The Meat is in the Middle!
Jun 25, 2003
Virginia
Visit site
✟8,613.00
Faith
Atheist
pentecostal girl said:
I'm not going to debate with you on this topic, but I will tell a few of our arguements. We used things such as the Second Law of Therymodynamics and mutations. Evolution is hard to debate against, I'll give you that!:)
Your teacher must have got his degree at a diploma mill if he's using the Second Law of thermodynamics as an argument against evolution. You know, I find it a truly sad thing that your teacher is this pig-ignorant and he's teaching impressionable kids his mistaken ideas about evolution.

Upvote 0

Meatros

The Meat is in the Middle!
Jun 25, 2003
Virginia
Visit site
✟8,613.00
Faith
Atheist
pentecostal girl said:
What's that supposed to mean?
I *think* it means that it's sad what's being peddled in public schools now-a-days. You are going to be completely unprepared when you get to college. Well, that's provided you go to an accredited school.

I do have to ask, and I know I've been a little harsh, so please forgive me; but you are being taught that the earth is *not* the center of the universe (or flat), right?

Upvote 0

pentecostal girl

Nov 19, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟817.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know, I find it a truly sad thing that your teacher is this pig-ignorant and he's teaching impressionable kids his mistaken ideas about evolution.
He didn't teach us that. We had to do our own research on the subject. Like I said before, He didn't even tellus his belief on evoution until we finished with the study.

Upvote 0

armed2010

Jul 13, 2003
California
✟4,182.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
pentecostal girl said:
He didn't teach us that. We had to do our own research on the subject. Like I said before, He didn't even tellus his belief on evoution until we finished with the study.
Then you did a poor job of researching. The 2nd law of thermo dynamics doesnt relate to evolution in any way shape or form.

Upvote 0

pentecostal girl

Nov 19, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟817.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do have to ask, and I know I've been a little harsh, so please forgive me; but you are being taught that the earth is *not* the center of the universe (or flat), right?
Actually we were taught that the earth was more of a triangle shape! Lots of creationist use the Second Law of Thermodynamics as an arguement.

Upvote 0

pentecostal girl

Nov 19, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟817.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Then you did a poor job of researching. The 2nd law of thermo dynamics doesnt relate to evolution in any way shape or form.

Creationists believe that the second law of thermodynamics does not permit order to arise from disorder, and therefore the macro evolution of complex living things from single-celled ancestors could not have occurred. The Second Law of Thermodynamics has alot to do with evolution.

Upvote 0

armed2010

Jul 13, 2003
California
✟4,182.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
pentecostal girl said:
Creationists believe that the second law of thermodynamics does not permit order to arise from disorder, and therefore the macro evolution of complex living things from single-celled ancestors could not have occurred. The Second Law of Thermodynamics has alot to do with evolution.
Evolution is not about order and disorder. Its about mutations being selected out through natural selection. Please go back and research this.

Upvote 0

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
pentecostal girl said:

Yes the 2nd Law has a lot to do with most everything.

BUT since YEC's just don't fathom what the law says is where the trouble begins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
pentecostal girl said:

Well, if 2LoT prevented complexity, then babies would never be born.

Upvote 0

pentecostal girl

Nov 19, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟817.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Evolution is not about order and disorder. Its about mutations being selected out through natural selection. Please go back and research this.
Creationists believe that the second law of thermodynamics does not permit order to arise from disorder, and therefore the macro evolution of complex living things from single-celled ancestors could not have occurred.
Yes it is, and yes alot of it does have to do with mutations. But people do use the Second Law of Thermodynamics and I know it's not a very strong arguement.

Upvote 0

armed2010

Jul 13, 2003
California
✟4,182.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
pentecostal girl said:

Yes it is, and yes alot of it does have to do with mutations. But people do use the Second Law of Thermodynamics and I know it's not a very strong arguement.
Im sorry pentecostal, but its not. Your using a PRATT argument. Evolution has to do with mutations and natural selection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
F

ForeRunner

pentecostal girl said:
Babies being born has nothing to do with 2LoT. Are babies single-celled organisms?

Well, not at first, they start out as two cells (gametes) containing 23(?) chromosomes. Then they become one cell with 46(?) chromosomes (zygote), and from there they become a 17 year old girl that has been mislead for her whole life.

Upvote 0

pentecostal girl

Nov 19, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟817.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you know what a zygote is?
A zygote is the product of the fusion of an egg and a sperm. It contains two copies of each chromosome, one from each parent. Egg and sperms cells, on the other hand, each contain only one copy of each chromosome. The zygote develops into an embryo.

Upvote 0

Physics_guy

Dec 11, 2003
✟1,687.00

It is worse than just being a not very strong argument - using the 2nd Law of Theormodynamics to attempt to disprove the Theory of Evolution brands someone as completely and totally ignorant of basic physics. It is such a painfully wrong argument that those using it are exceedingly easily shown to be fools.

Upvote 0