Is there such thing as a Creationist who knows what evolution is?

Seb7

Oct 17, 2003
Visit site
✟175.00
Faith
Christian
I have been viewing this thread for some time and resisted posting any message till now. I thought I could delay till June/July when I have more time. Anyway, what stirs me most is the creationists in this thread trying to redefine evolution instead of humbly learning more about evolution (what is wrong with that? -- we do it all the time.)

So, to the creationists, do you really believe God creates the whole universe including all the creatures in 7 days? If yes, you have a lot of questions to answer, which may implicates you as an idiot (sorry for the language).

If no, then that opens up a whole lot of possibilities. Think for a moment, human takes approximately 10 months to develop from conception to a newly born infant. How could then God create us in one day and yet needs 10 months to devlop us from conception to infancy? God's laws (physical and other) never change. All christians believe that, and the Bible also says that (though not the exact words). We also know that there are a lot of development activities happening during the 10-month pregnancy.

Now look at another question though it may at first appears to be unrelated to evolution. How does God make the Earth go round the Sun? Of course by making use of the physical laws as we know them. Hope no one wants to refute this one :)

Suppose evolution is true for a moment. Is there anything wrong if God made use of evolution to create all the living things? Absolutely NO! Just like God makes the Earth go round the Sun.

Note these facts according to the bible:
1) Of all living things God created, the bible only mentions that humans are created from earth (i.e. physical matter), implying (or emphasising the fact) that we are no difference from the creation of other living things.
2) We become different from other creatures when God blows through our nostrils.

Obviously if evolution exists, there is nothing wrong when God creates all the living things, makes use of evolution, and then distiguish us from the rest by blowing through our nostrils. Evolution, like any other physical law and mechinsm, is a tool at God's disposal.

My sincere wish is that let us let the evolutionists carry on their works to find out more facts so that we can understand better about God's creation. (If we do not understand the bible 100%, we should not claim authority over the bible.)

If evolution is not true, it will eventually refute itself. Christians have made many BIG mistakes in the past, which have made the Church a "laughing stock" in the eyes of the non-believers. Haven't we learnt? Why should we paint ourselves in the corner -- yet again?

In the light of new discoveries or new propositions, we should re-assess our faiths and beliefs, revisiting the bibile. Science contain human wisdom. We should makes use of it as a tool to understand better God's words, instead of steadfastly adhering to the literal scripts, like those ancient Jews. (Of course, by this I don't mean we should change like the wind or cloud.) Remember what Jesus says about them?

By the way, I call myself a born-again Christian (and therefore a believer of creation), and I am also an evolutionist. My works involve artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms, etc. I hope I could but very unlikely reply to my posting as I am very busy at the moment.

So God bless.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So, to the creationists, do you really believe God creates the whole universe including all the creatures in 7 days? If yes, you have a lot of questions to answer, which may implicates you as an idiot (sorry for the language).
Well, your post leaves a lot of questions that you didn't answer, so you too are an idiot. Not only that, but to say there are questions, and somehow that makes what I believe false, just reinforces my initial belief about you.

That is evolution. Doesn't matter if creationists call it microevolution or if they call it spaghetti...it's evolution.
Wow, rocket science. But so is fixing my car, as it involves gaskets, oil, presure, etc. So I'm an evolutionist who's a rocket scientist.

Upvote 0

Robf

Mar 28, 2004
✟120.00
Faith
Atheist
As a newbie to this, I haven't worked out how to quote yet, but...

"Wow, rocket science. But so is fixing my car, as it involves gaskets, oil, presure, etc. So I'm an evolutionist who's a rocket scientist."

Er... what? The previous poster had a point. It really doesn't matter what you call a process. Calling it something else doesn't stop it from existing.

I've tried to remain open minded throughout reading this thread, but I'm beginning to wonder about exactly how much evidence there is for Creationism. I'm not here to make a particular point, but because I enjoy the debate and it's interesting, but I believe the evolutionists have successfully argued a number of points.

We now know, for instance, that there is no point in arguing about the big bang or the origins of life, because they (deliberately) aren't answered by evolution and so belong in another thread.

We know that animals change over time, whatever you call the process (eg the moths and, according to a Creationist website, various canines after the Flood).

We know that there is absolutely no scientific reason to prevent evolution from theoretically happening (and that the 2nd law of thermodynamics is not relevant here).

Is there anything I've missed?

Please try to resist the temptation to pointlessly insult me, and let's keep this adult and pleasant.

Upvote 0