babygems

Apr 14, 2016
UK
✟15,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is a bit difficult for me to write because it involves someone I love very much. Over the years they have spoken about being promised or told quite big things from God, as yet none of these things have come true. They still believe them very strongly and prays and fasts into these areas, reads the Bible diligently. But I know that these beliefs are weighing them down, to such an extent that it's now more or less all that they can think about - even if it means losing what they have and everyone around them. I know that they have strong faith and are very spiritual but I honestly feel that the weight of these beliefs and promises they are holding onto is sucking them dry. On top of this, they also believe they are Elijah/ one of the two witnesses. This hurts me the most to write - because they believe it so much and because they think that I'm the other witness. Outside of these things, this person is the most loving and kind person I think I have met - but they over gives which meant that over the years we have often been left with nothing and have had to live off Manna from the sky.

I really need an alternative perspective on this because sometimes I think I'm crazy for not believing, and maybe I'm wrong and I just need to wait or sometimes that I need to try and convince or rationalise or support them out of this. Truth be told I'm tired and wish I knew exactly what to do. I love them so much and know that they have so much potential to live now and not just for some promises in the future which may or may not come to pass.

jacksknight

Mar 16, 2016
USA
✟1,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds to me like you are doing the same thing the other person is. You are wearing yourself out over this other person when it's probably not your place to do so. Personally i would stop worrying about it. If this person is one of the witnesses then there is nothing you could do about it. If they are not then there is still nothing you can do about it. Let God deal with it, you can't change a persons heart.

If this person believes they are one of the witnesses then what could we possible do about it? I don't see it as a salvation issue. Clearly this person is in the word if what you say is true, so let them and God sort it out. You probably have your own things to focus on.

Hope this helps, God bless!

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I do think people can have too much faith, so much that it wipes out reality. An example of this is if your appendix is about to burst and you say "God can heal me!" and refuse an appendectomy to heal you, then that has taken it too far. I don't doubt God's ability to heal supernaturally, but we can't deny the reality of physician's knowledge, either.

Have you ever explored the reasons why this person thinks you are the two witnesses> What is his or her rationale, evidence. What biblical evidence do they even have that the two witnesses are human, or from your country.

Is this person breaking more and more from reality> Do they have a history of mental illness> What is their thinking like in the rest of his or her life - is it rational>

Upvote 0

puddleglum3

Apr 14, 2016
Kansas
✟466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It isn't possible to have too much faith but it is possible for the faith to be placed in something other than what God has promised. You said, "they over gives which meant that over the years we have often been left with nothing and have had to live off Manna from the sky." Does your use of the word "we" mean that this person is your husband?

Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like Ihopitis. There is a very large movement within the charismatic/pentecostal circles that abuse their authority and the foul spiritual forces within it will actively implant all kinds of "big ideas" into their mind using false signs and wonders, dreams, visions, prophetic words, all of which are false.

These ministries are under a delusion, and the people who submit themselves to it come under that delusion. The demons will make everyone think God has something way big for them in order keep them wrapped up in the delusion. When, in fact, it was never God's will that you submit yourself to those ministries.

Bethel, Ihop, Morningstar, and Fire School of Ministry are all feeding into this with their unbiblical model of submission and authority which allows these demonic forces come into one's life and influence everything.

While they may be sincere, it's only that they are sincerely deceived. If you want more information, message me and I can share some resources with you to help them get set free if they're willing to hear it.

Upvote 0

Geralt

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
GB
Visit site
✟67,802.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
faith is born out of a helpless need. what you describe is not faith, their is no particularly helpless situation.
it is simply a deluded intent to want to make things come true.

Upvote 0