Are There Ranks in Heaven? Do People Get Different Rewards?

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You'll have to complain to God about that. It was he who stated:

• 'To those who are elect exiles ... according to the foreknowledge of God the Father' (1 Peter 1:1-2).
  • 'For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters' (Rom 8:29).
Foreknowledge and predestination go together in God's plan. He told us so.

Absolutely true. Foreknowledge yes but not foresight as many apply it. Foreknowledge is the same as forordiantion . God knows what will take place because He determined that it should. Foresight is a completely different word and means something completely different. The Scriptures do not teach that God elected according to foresight but according His own purpose and will. Eph. 1:3-5. Rom. 9:15

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
and Yet God told of Jesus coming with Adam and Eve in the garden, so how is predestination unBiblical you have proof or just you opinion. If you going to refute some you need evidence and references to do so, not I say it is wrong there for it is.^_^

I am confused by your response. All I asked is that you think about the actual conclusion of what you stated in the post that I quoted.

As far as rewards in Heaven the simple truth is that we all get exactly the same thing, whatever it is that Christ the God-man our Mediator has earned. It is He that has earned all that Heaven is and being joint-heirs with Him whatever He has earned is ours. The rewards of Heaven are not from our works but from His.

If you are working here in this world in order to gain rewards it is doubtful that you will see Heaven. Your motives are wrong and you are doing works to earn something from God. If you are seeking to earn something from God it is works religion. Christ is all and enough for the believer.

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Rank in heaven? Well the Cherubim and Seraphim outrank the normal angels and Michel is called a Archangel. Arch means chief. Furthermore God outranks everyone.

As far as regenerate believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Saved, I don't know if there will be ranks. Seems like there might be. It is written that we will judge Angles and that those who teach others to break His commandments will be lowest in The Kingdom.

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟68,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rank in heaven? Well the Cherubim and Seraphim outrank the normal angels and Michel is called a Archangel. Arch means chief. Furthermore God outranks everyone.

As far as regenerate believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Saved, I don't know if there will be ranks. Seems like there might be. It is written that we will judge Angles and that those who teach others to break His commandments will be lowest in The Kingdom.
And to further what you have posted here, look at the parable in Matt. 22:1-14. There is the Bride of Christ and there are the Guests. None of the Wedding Party is not saved but contrary to popular belief, not based on scripture, not all of the Saved are high enough ranking to be members of the Bride.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And to further what you have posted here, look at the parable in Matt. 22:1-14. There is the Bride of Christ and there are the Guests. None of the Wedding Party is not saved but contrary to popular belief, not based on scripture, not all of the Saved are high enough ranking to be members of the Bride.

That is untrue, and lacks biblical understanding. The man who was cast out for example was not dressed right for the wedding, now we know Jesus washes our robes in His blood which points to being saved and comes with. So why was the man not wearing the right robes he was not saved.

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2021
Valparaiso
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not true, there are two positions at the right and left of God suggesting that the rank goes down from there 3,4,5, etc. Matthew 20:23 Jesus confirms. We are all infinite beings, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be positions set aside for us based on our worship of God.

Upvote 0