Is there none with faith the size of the mustard seed?

A.chilles

Nov 22, 2020
New York City
✟8,603.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Since no one in recorded history has moved a mountain before or anything similar, is it safe to say no one has had enough faith?

Jesus said that if you had faith the size of a mustard seed you would command a mountain to move and it would move. Does that mean it is most likely that no one in history has ever had that much faith. Even those Christians who profess to have a lot?

I am a Christian myself but I just wonder, I am not questioning the validity of Jesus Christ's statement because he is not a liar, but I am wondering about the faith that humans have.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since no one in recorded history has moved a mountain before or anything similar, is it safe to say no one has had enough faith?

Jesus said that if you had faith the size of a mustard seed you would command a mountain to move and it would move. Does that mean it is most likely that no one in history has ever had that much faith. Even those Christians who profess to have a lot?

I am a Christian myself but I just wonder, I am not questioning the validity of Jesus Christ's statement because he is not a liar, but I am wondering about the faith that humans have.
Look at that in context or look it up in a commentary to get the true meaning of what He said.

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While not completely relevant to the topic, I do have a personal mantra whenever I need a boost in faith after making prayers to God:

"Mustard Seed."
(Luke 17:5-10, Mark 4:30-32, Matthew 17:20, Psalm 101)

I say these two words whenever I need to recommit my faith in God for various situations. The above verses provide the personal context of this mantra. The Bible has much, MUCH more to add. I encourage further Bible reading and studying, especially with spirit-filled Christians genuinely seeking truth and not validation, especially the political kind.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Uh that is not true.

When the Mountain (of Mokottam) moved (Matthew 17:20)

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is what just came to my mind now trying to think of what to say, @A.chilles : Even people with the tiniest of faith (God through the spirit of the believer) can make a big impact in unexpected moment in a persons life. @Rene Loup thank you for sharing those scriptures. After reading them, this what I came up with.

Reactions: A.chilles
Upvote 0

marc b

Nov 2, 2020
Ottawa, Ontario
✟18,046.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

So Moses dividing the red sea doesn't count?

Reactions: A.chilles
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The Deeper Meaning of How Faith is ‘Like a Mustard Seed’

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums